Don't know how anyone can criticise McGregor in all this

Goonerview

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
The AUDACITY of some posters in here is insane. When you consider just a couple of weeks ago, Werdum pulled out of a card due to a short notice (two weeks) replacement in Stipe Miocic and put the entire card in jeopardy. When you consider, UFC 151 (the card that never was) was CANCELLED because Jon Jones refused to fight Chael Sonnen on short notice.

McGregor has EVERY right to refuse to fight and protect his title shot against RDA. The fact that he is EVEN fighting, should be commended. But, this is taken for granted by so many posters and fans.

These "he should be fighting Khabib", "he's ducking healthy Cerrone", "He's cherry picking his opponents!" comments are just simply unfounded ... and just disgusting. He's saving the card, fighting a new opponent on 10 days notice.

Not to mention, Diaz just demolished Michael Johnson (a top 10 contender at LW) AND this fight is at WW, two weight classes above McGregor's. Diaz at WW is a dangerous fight for anyone, let alone a FW.

okey dokey

anyone who isn't giving Conor stupid dope props for accepting this fight is a mongoloid

also it's spelled criticize

I love McG's willingness to keep the show going. He did the same thing when Aldo pulled out. Dude is a true fighter.

Wedum WAS injured, had back surgery a couple weeks ago, END OF STORY.

McGregor is perfectly healthy, and specifically handpicked an out of shape Diaz who had to be harassed by the UFC to take the fight while in shape fighters like Cowboy and Khabib were calling him out.

/THREAD

You ever condition before shampooing? Throwing up balloon animals in the shower. Thug life

Let's see. He was given 2 choices. He picked the one who destroyed the other one.

1) Take his nuts out of your mouth.
2) He is moving up 1 weight class.
3) Took the easiest fight out there.
4) You cannot tell people what to think.
5) I do appreciate that he is willing to take short notice fights.
6) Take his nuts out of your mouth.

The only people criticizing Conor at the moment are his biased detractors. There are no serious people that are giving Conor any grief for taking a fight against Nate Diaz at 170 on short notice.

Did you say the same about Magny, Benson, or any of the other number of fighters that have fought on very short notice?

No one is to blame,

Sherdoggers are just restless, angry and TMZ brained. Thread titles and posts remind me of the headlines on Women's magazines but for mma..

Last edited:
We just gotta to click on "ignore" on those cocksuckers who have no good sense, life gets easier this way.

Let's see. He was given 2 choices. He picked the one who destroyed the other one.

Like 4 years ago. Look at the rankings, Donald just had an 8 win streak, was coming of a fight with no injuries and was in fighting shape, and Conor chose the guy who has no time to prepare.

Look I think the main thing people are being critical of McGregor is that there were fighters ready and fit to fight but the UFC went with a guy that was probably at home playing video games and hitting bongs. It's not McGregor's fault the UFC went with Nate but Cowboy or Khabib would have made good opponents that couldn't cite no training camps as an excuse for losing.

But for real, if Conor was willing to fight at 170 why the hell didn't Condit or WB get a call? Condit stays in shape year round and WB just came off an easy victory.

1) Take his nuts out of your mouth.
2) He is moving up 1 weight class.
3) Took the easiest fight out there.
4) You cannot tell people what to think.
5) I do appreciate that he is willing to take short notice fights.
6) Take his nuts out of your mouth.
Shut up bishhhhhh

Like 4 years ago. Look at the rankings, Donald just had an 8 win streak, was coming of a fight with no injuries and was in fighting shape, and Conor chose the guy who has no time to prepare.

Diaz just dominated a top ranked contender while Cerrone beat someone best known for sharing his nickname. Other than that, they both had just been outclassed by RDA.

People will always find something to whine about. I remember when they said he wouldn't take RDA if Cowboy didn't win that fight. Then he did take RDA. Now RDA is out, he takes Nate. And now he's supposedly ducking Cowboy again.

He's probably only aiming for Lawler so he can duck Frankie Edgar, right? Jeez guys. Stop trying so hard.

Diaz just dominated a top ranked contender while Cerrone beat someone best known for sharing his nickname. Other than that, they both had just been outclassed by RDA.
Cerrone was on an 8 fight win streak. Other then the Michael Johnson fight, Nate hasn't looked good for a while.

People will always find something to whine about. I remember when they said he wouldn't take RDA if Cowboy didn't win that fight. Then he did take RDA. Now RDA is out, he takes Nate. And now he's supposedly ducking Cowboy again.

He's probably only aiming for Lawler so he can duck Frankie Edgar, right? Jeez guys. Stop trying so hard.

They said he'd rather Cowboy beat RDA because Cowboy would be an easy fight for him due to his style. Now they're saying he picked Diaz because Cowboy has a harder matchup.

Back