Does khabib even lift ?

Looks like 195 lbs x 2.
It's not a lot but it's not his goal, whatever he does is more than working for him

Strength training for MMA.
No proper martial artist or athlete does bodybuilding style training, since the goals are so different.

Anyone who lifts can tell that's a 45 lb bar and on each side there's 2 x 25 lb plates, 2 x 10 lbs. and 1 x 5 lbs.

Add em up and its 195.

Lol at everyone who says Khabib is such a thick, muscular LW. Like Dustin said it's his technique, not raw strength.

Looks like you're right those are definitely 25 lb plates not 45

It's 195 and bench press is useless in fighting

Maybe the strongest grappler ever. He almost had no pecs, probably never benched

maxresdefault.jpg
dude looks like the humanoid alien from Aliens 3
Alien-Resurrection.jpg

they would make a good couple.

edit:

serious question, can’t he not touch a female per Islam? So could not grapple with her?
He's pretty conservative so probably not. A lot of conservative Jews and Muslims (even some Christians I met) believe in little to no contact to women outside of marriage

Last edited:
That was a fluke. And she's not beating Gabi on a regular basis. LOL at Gabi's expression. She looks like she is pissed.

So you think Gabi beats Khabib in BJJ?

Yes there's a video of him bench pressing. I think he was lifting about two plates for reps

That's it?!? He is struggling with 195 (45lb bar, 4x25lb plates, 4x10lb plates, 2x5lb plates)? I can bench press 225, and I am terrible at bench (I prefer dumbbells and can go up to 100 in each hand).

His form is also poor, arms too far apart. He is terribly uncomfortable, you can tell.

There is zero doubt that's 195.

"Bumper" coloured plates are all the same diameter. These aren't, they are your run of the mill non-coloured plates that are in 99.9% of gyms.

Next to the bar you see a larger diameter 45 lb plate on the rack. Even though its farther away it still takes more space in the image.
Why are these people arguing with you? That is clearly 25x3 on each side. Anyone who lifts knows lifting math: 45+25 is 185lb. Make it 25+25+25 (like two rooks versus a queen in chess) and you get 195. These people dont even lift...bro.

All Khabib does is exploit the cage. Take it away and he is nowhere near top 15 because thats all he has. He better pray Conor 2.0 doesnt see him in the streets

Anyone who lifts can tell that's a 45 lb bar and on each side there's 2 x 25 lb plates, 2 x 10 lbs. and 1 x 5 lbs.

Add em up and its 195.

Lol at everyone who says Khabib is such a thick, muscular LW. Like Dustin said it's his technique, not raw strength.

Nah he's definitely a big strong LW. He's simply not good at bench pressing.

All his musculature is in his posterior chain basically + shoulders/traps/neck. He obviously doesn't lift weights often, if he did bench regularly he could get to 2 plates for reps within a short period of time most likely.

Looks like he throws up 235lbs for a couple reps. I'm at the gym right now, and those look like 35lb plates to me, but maybe 25lb plates? The plates at my gym solid and look a bit different.

Either way, it shows you that bench press is pretty meaningless in MMA. I'm MUCH stronger than Khabib in a weight room, and he could literally hold me down and slap the shit out of me with minimal effort. Anderson Silva only puts up 225lbs for a few reps in a video too. Prime BJ penn struggles with 205lbs on the bench in a video.

There are MMA fighters that are beasts in the weight room like DC, who throws up 225lbs 19 times in a video or Brock who put up 225lbs for 30 reps at a combine for the NFL. It's impressive, but not rally necessary for fighting. I'm WAY stronger now than I was in my wrestling days, but I guarantee that me from college would overpower me from now with little effort on a mat. Different muscles.

Can he beat Gabi Garcia in grappling when she lifts way more than him? She's stronger. She's a black belt in BJJ.

Garcia done well against her namesake.

Add em up and its 195.

He is, and i quote Daniel Cormier here "ridiculously strong" though, at least in if we're talking grappling. As for the bench press: there's a video of Adesanya where he does a few reps with ~80kg/176lbs and while Adesanya is pretty thin, he's apparently strong enough to hold his own in grappling exchanges against guys like Gastelum and Brunson.
TL;DR: I'd say those lifting numbers are very solid for Khabib, although not freakish.

they would make a good couple.

edit:

serious question, can’t he not touch a female per Islam? So could not grapple with her?
I don't know but I remember mackachev joking around w the females at Aka. It's not taken that serious.

Back