Does khabib even lift ?

khabib still lifting in conor's head... rent/membership free

AP-PhotoJohn-Locher.jpg

Khabib has a different kind of strength and technique from years of wrestling and grappling since he was little. He is just on a different level and it’s time for people to accept it.

Yes there's a video of him bench pressing. I think he was lifting about two plates for reps

Bench press is probably the single most useless exercise known to humankind.

There is almost no moment in your entire life where you will have your entire torso braced against a static surface, and have to push out with your chest. There’s literally no reason to do it, other than to get better and lift more weight in the bench press itself. Or if you are trying to strengthen your chest muscles specifically, as an ancillary exercise to increase weight in a more comprehensive motion like the jerk portion of the clean and jerk.

For an MMA fighter there is almost no reason to ever do it.

You would be far better off doing something like heavy military presses, which actually engage your core in a realistic way. Or even weighted dips or pushups, if you real feel it’s necessary to train your chest specifically, which there really isn’t, in terms of the types of motions you will need to perform in an MMA fight.

Can he beat Gabi Garcia in grappling when she lifts way more than him? She's stronger. She's a black belt in BJJ.

I would actually love to watch a grappling only match between Khabib and Gabi.

I just realized that I have never seen a single video of him lifting anything other than his own weight. Not saying this is the case but really crazy shit of he actually doesn't.

There is literally a video out there of him training in Dagestan, where he and his team are on the side of some mountain with huge boulders lifted over their heads. When they got too tired, they exchanged the boulders for the next size smaller and continued the exercises.

Looks like 195 lbs x 2.

It's not a lot but it's not his goal, whatever he does is more than working for him

It’s hard to tell bc they not Olympic weights but judging from the size you prob right.

Bench press is probably the single most useless exercise known to humankind.

There is almost no moment in your entire life where you will have your entire torso braced against a static surface, and have to push out with your chest. There’s literally no reason to do it, other than to get better and lift more weight in the bench press itself. Or if you are trying to strengthen your chest muscles specifically, as an ancillary exercise to increase weight in a more comprehensive motion like the jerk portion of the clean and jerk.

For an MMA fighter there is almost no reason to ever do it.

You would be far better off doing something like heavy military presses, which actually engage your core in a realistic way. Or even weighted dips or pushups, if you real feel it’s necessary to train your chest specifically, which there really isn’t, in terms of the types of motions you will need to perform in an MMA fight.

You can move more weight bench pressing, which strengthens the chest, shoulders and triceps, all the pushing muscles. Don’t know why having a strong chest, shoulders and arms (tri’s) would be bad, or a movement that works all three in a compound “useless”.

Anyone who lifts can tell that's a 45 lb bar and on each side there's 2 x 25 lb plates, 2 x 10 lbs. and 1 x 5 lbs.

Actually , gym excercise lifting is not that good for a fighter.

If fighter lifts a weight then with explosive movement like catlebell

Noone cares how big tits a fighter has
Add em up and its 195.

Lol at everyone who says Khabib is such a thick, muscular LW. Like Dustin said it's his technique, not raw strength.

If fighter lifts a weight then with explosive movement like catlebell

Noone cares how big tits a fighter has
Add em up and its 195.

Lots of free information itt, which I am grateful for.

I used to think Khabib was another Sherdog hype job. Glad I was wrong.

Anyone who lifts can tell that's a 45 lb bar and on each side there's 2 x 25 lb plates, 2 x 10 lbs. and 1 x 5 lbs.

Add em up and its 195.

Lol at everyone who says Khabib is such a thick, muscular LW. Like Dustin said it's his technique, not raw strength.
Raw strength isn't your bench press lmao. Fighters use their whole bodies to move, not just extremely specific singular moves.

You can move more weight bench pressing, which strengthens the chest, shoulders and triceps, all the pushing muscles. Don’t know why having a strong chest, shoulders and arms (tri’s) would be bad, or a movement that works all three in a compound “useless”.

You ever heard of functional strength?

Back