Do you think clean athletes exist within the UFC?

Well first, what exactly entails clean?

Anyway I would think guys like Anderson, Weidman, Lawler, Gil, etc are clean.

The ones with losing records

There is def clean fighters in the ufc

The correct answer is Championship Material Punk.

That is why they signed him. Punk will save Jon Jones.

A new SES will be born.

Probably significantly more on than off. Fighting is the only source of income for many of these guys, they risk a lot to be there and a single fight can end their career.

To be able to train more, recover faster, be stronger, be faster etc.... is just too alluring to most. Then when you think all of your opponents are juicing and never getting caught while your "team" is in your ear about how easy it is...well I imagine it's an easy thing to accept after a while.

I'm sure there are many clean fighters.

But I also think the PED rate would be surprisingly high, or unsurprisingly high, to some.

I believe there are plenty of clean fighters.

gsp and fedor were clean

You think that the most dominant fighter in the history of Pride, an organisation that made it clear that nobody would be tested for PEDs and where steroid abuse was rife, wasn't taking PEDs?

Joe Lauzon isnt roiding. Neither is Edgar, Faber and lots of other guys.

This sport is probably more clean than unclean. At least I would like to believe that.

585 fighters on roster. I'd be shocked if more than 30 of them are using PED's.

As a guy whose been very invested in physical fitness for over 30+ years at glance you could use to tell which guys are having aide and which are clean. But with the advance of sports medicine & supposedly legal supplements which is a billion dollar industry it's hard to tell.

There're over the counter supplements now that cannot pass certain regulatory conditions because of certain components used.

There are some I'm sure...but just like in any other sport, you're trying to be better than the man or woman next to you. So let me ask you a question...if you know everyone is doing it, would you do it to stay even? People know that PEDs are an issue in most sports...nobody wants to be the snitch though.

Yes. Fighting isn't like cycling or weight lifting. There are a lot of variables. It's not so hard to imagine someone doing well based on training, skill, and natural aptitude.

I've always found it a bit laughable that anyone believed Lance Armstrong won all those Tours de France clean against a dirty field, tho. You're literally sitting on a seat and pumping pedals all day. No way a clean cyclist has a chance.

If anyone is clean it's Gus. That guy is all talent and work ethic.

Back