Do you think clean athletes exist within the UFC?

Why Cain? A dude with that crazy endurance is ridiculously suspicious isn't he? EPO, or maybe he's blood doping. Wouldn't surprise me

He can go for days precisely because he's not carrying more muscles than his frame is built for

In all reality the athletes in UFC are cleaner then soccer, basketball, and football. But there is no clean sport in the world, sure there is a decent amount of clean and roided athletes.

No doubt some poor Brazilian fighters living in favelas who somehow managed to bulk up to 200 pounds at low bodyfat while training mixed martial arts full time

Last edited:
Absolutely. Not everyone has access to the state of the art undetectable PED's and masking agents, nor is everyone willing to take them. Jones having a t/e of .19 means he is using something and whatever it is it's not being detected.

It is common, but i don't think everyone uses. Of course there is a lot of grey area too, i.e. a new drug that isn't yet banned. Also lets not pretend like you can look at a guy like BJ Penn or Roy Nelson and say if they are or arent using. Just because they don't look like they are using and are vocal avout not using doesnt mean they dont take anything, Josh Barnett is a perfect example.

But they don't have to be taking undetectable PEDs or masking agents. UFC fighters get tested that infrequently that unless they're taking large doses or extremely unfortunate to get a random test soon at the wrong time they would pass tests already.

All a fighter would have to do to to be completely sure of passing a test is to go and holiday somewhere for a week and dose up then, and they would get away with it as unlike in some sports where testing is more stringent there are no whereabouts type rules in the UFC. (in some sports their need to inform authorities of where they are at all times).

Our new savior.

98i.jpg

Personally I think they would be few and far between. One only has to look at cycling to realise how easily it is to get away with doping, and they're by far the most tested athletes in the world. Albeit they're probably micro-dosing and only getting marginal benefits from doing so.

Whereas UFC fighters/NFL players/soccer stars don't get tested even 1/10 as often, so it would be difficult to believe that serious doping isn't very commonly practised, right?

Surely one would have to be very naive to think otherwise in my opinion

The ones that lose. A lot of fighter quotes I see say 90-100%. They know better than yous guyses. So I guess all those guys that say that must be clean, losers or hungry hungry hippocrites.

DC, Frankie, BJ, Korean Zombie. That's it. Everyone else does meth.

Moose. Just because he doesn't look like he could be bothered to put the energy into cycling. He aint got no time for dat.

Depends what you mean by clean. If you mean taking literally nothing that enhances performance, no. If you mean just not taking anything on the banned list, there are probably a few.

Yes! So many. What a dumb thread.
I know Benson doesn't even touch alcohol, nevermind other drugs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back