Do you think clean athletes exist within the UFC?

catching22

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Personally I think they would be few and far between. One only has to look at cycling to realise how easily it is to get away with doping, and they're by far the most tested athletes in the world. Albeit they're probably micro-dosing and only getting marginal benefits from doing so.

Whereas UFC fighters/NFL players/soccer stars don't get tested even 1/10 as often, so it would be difficult to believe that serious doping isn't very commonly practised, right?

Surely one would have to be very naive to think otherwise in my opinion

There are probably some fighters who are completely clean.

I think there are quite a few. Then again, I didn't think Jones was a coke hound, so what do I know?

Probably not they all take something at some point

My only pick would be cowboy. His frequency kind of negates any cycling

Absolutely. Not everyone has access to the state of the art undetectable PED's and masking agents, nor is everyone willing to take them. Jones having a t/e of .19 means he is using something and whatever it is it's not being detected.

It is common, but i don't think everyone uses. Of course there is a lot of grey area too, i.e. a new drug that isn't yet banned. Also lets not pretend like you can look at a guy like BJ Penn or Roy Nelson and say if they are or arent using. Just because they don't look like they are using and are vocal avout not using doesnt mean they dont take anything, Josh Barnett is a perfect example.

As Truebeliever implies, whatever the use rate is, it probably coincides with the rankings/pay. The guys on the undercard fighting for $5k can't afford it and have way more to lose than to gain. It's only a worthwhile gamble when you're a top ranked fighter.

I think there are quite a few. Then again, I didn't think Jones was a coke hound, so what do I know?

Surely though any intelligent fighter with even somewhat questionable ethics would be on something though, right? Whether it was blood-boosters for endurance, or diuretics to help cut weight, or testosterone or whatever

CM Punk is def the cleanest fighter on the entire roster

My only pick would be cowboy. His frequency kind of negates any cycling

He could still micro-dose. Getting that extra 3-5% advantage while basically be undetectable unless he got tested within 24 hours of ingesting whatever

Back