Do you think clean athletes exist within the UFC?

I'm sure there are. I'd like to think some of these guys are true sportsman and not a bunch of cheaters looking for any advantage they can get.

I'm sure there are.

There are also guys who use and get away with it, despite ambiguous test results.

And there are guys who use and get caught.

The shady doctors are always a step ahead of the testing procedures.
Which means the testing procedures are not very comprehensive.
These aren't the best medical minds that are teaching the athletes to beat the tests....

You can get a pretty good asumption of who's on roids and who's not. Monson admitted to taking roids and pretty sure it stated how easy it is to pass drug tests with proper cycling and he never failed a drug test. More random drug tests would destroy that but at the time same, we are constantly seeing high profile fights cancelled due to people pissing off. Double edged sword

just my opinion

joe lauzon/kampmann/bisping just off the top of my head

Like, for their entire life? No. Not one.

None are clean and that includes GSP and Fedor.

Yes. Why would you assume otherwise?

There are good drivers, there are people that don't drink, there are people that don't smoke, there are people that don't drive on the carpool lane, but there are no clean fighters?

Mark Hunt? He still basically looks the same as he did v Sefo right?

Realistically 95% of them do and the rest aren't anywhere near the top.

Yes, but I think they're in the minority.

Penn, Machida, Cain, JDS, Anderson, Gus, Diaz, Hunt, Shogun, Korean Zombie. To name a few of the guys I highly doubt use roids.

I would say Gustafsson is clean, there is to much stigma in using PEDs in Sweden, you will baiscally ruin the rest of your life. It is not the same thing as in other countries. And you have a central agency that is uncorrupted that tests all professional athletes. Now when he is in San Diego to train the doping committe hired people in the US to make tests on him according to the standards in Sweden.

I'm pretty confident in this as well.

It's the same in Norway. If you get caught you can call it a career. It's on you for life.

Some. Its impossible to know who though. It's pretty easy to successfully cheat.

Probably less than 10% will be clean, and that's only because they can't afford it.

Just my opinion of course.

Yes, But i'd say based on nothing but a hunch is that 80-85% are doing something banned even if it's only when the don't have a fight scheduled to heal and recover.

But i believe that every sport has the same problem, They(the governing bodies) should probably admit defeat is some aspects and allow these athletes to use certain things in order to level the playing field, even though that is wrong and completely unfair to the clean athletes who would then have to also start using to keep up....

But i'd hazard a guess that the majority of sportsmen and women would prefer that so that they know they are in a fair fight, game, race etc...

Last edited:
I'd say a fighter competing at the elite level without having ever used some kind of PED would be an anomaly.

Back