Do you go to church regularly?

Especially catholic mass! damn that shit is boring as fuck
at least in some protestant religions they do be singing and dancing up the aisles like mad motherfuckers

I was raised going to church every Sunday and on Wednesdays during Advent and Lent in a Lutheran church. Now I only go to funerals. The Catholic churches I've been to keep you moving up and down. Stand, sit, kneel. If you think the service is boring now, I'm old enough to remember when they did it all in Latin. The incense they use gives me an instant headache.

I go as much as I can, used to be 2 services a week, now it's only saturdays.

They believe, you don't. No need to be an asshole about it.

I'm merely stating how I felt when I believed. I didn't coin the phrase, Thomas Gray is credited with that about 200 years before I was born.

Grew up in a not very religious household, but a few years ago I wanted to get in touch with my Jewish heritage so I started going to temple every Friday. That lasted about a year and a half until I decided to go the agnostic/borderline atheist route. Going to church Friday night sucks especially when everyone is at least 30 years older than you.

No. i skip the spiritual retailer.

I prefer to get my religion wholesale

I go every Sunday. I am a deacon at a church plant, and pulpit supply at a small country church once a month.

I also brew beer and smoke cigars with my pastor about once a week.

I was forced to go to a Catholic school when I was young. I stopped believing when I was 10. It just didn't make any sense to me and the nuns couldn't even answer basic questions.

I stopped going to church but since my mom is Catholic I had to pretend to go for years. Every Sunday morning I would go play video games at the arcade. Stopped pretending when I was 16.

And if so, how do you do it?

Im home for the christmas and go to mass once a year just to keep my catholic mother happy and i have to say it was really tough going.

i seriously dont know how people do it every week

HA! fuck no, i stopped going a long time ago. around 12ish. I was growing more and more distant of it. An i stopped believing in magical invisible people real quick.

I go to church every Sunday.
I do it because I love Jesus and I feel that it is important that my kids grow up in this environment.

No.
Besides for weddings, the last time i was in church was when i cut out of class in HS.

I've not been to church in probably 5 or 6 years. Once I told my parents I'm atheist everyone quit pressuring me to go eventually.

going to church is one of the biggest scams on earth.

how sane people believe this shit and give their money away, is beyond me.

going to church is one of the biggest scams on earth.

how sane people believe this shit and give their money away, is beyond me.

Do you want me to explain to you the answer to this or are you just venting?

Do you want me to explain to you the answer to this or are you just venting?

Sine you dont understand something that he pretty much explained. I will, in short, its pretty psychotic to believe in imaginary people with magical power. That help?

I used to go Wednesday night. Plus, Sunday morning and youth on Sunday night.

Now I typically just go once a week because my church is 45 minutes away, and I drive a gas guzzler.

I've never been to a Church I wasn't comfortable in, not sure what all the fuss is about. The worst you really get there are overenthusiastic do-gooders and boring sermons.

I don't go regularly, mind you, but I do find it relaxing the odd time that I do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back