Do you go to church regularly?

Last time i went was probably for christmas mass about 8 years ago when i was 11.

I wish i was religious just cause when i think of death i get nervous if there really is a heaven or hell. But then my beliefs kick in and i realize it seems silly that there is some guy controlling earth or space and picking and choosing who gets sent to hell or heaven.

Never. Unless it's a funeral mass.

Nah. I'm from SC and though lots of people go to church it's more of a social thing. They just go to say they're Christian cause it makes them look respectable but very few could tell you much detail about their own religion. It's kind a weekly club.

my weekly club is usually the pub, is that not a more fun option or do folk from your way just want to look respectable? fuck that shit...gimme a lager over the bread of christ any day

tumblr_m0fn35viXq1r6v6va.gif

I don't think they'd let me in

Nope. Only time I've gone have been for non-church/religion events, mostly my sister's school band concerts, and the occasional time in Scouts (but even then, it was a casual, non-denominational "service").

My parents were the ones who broke away from a religious upbringing when they were younger. My mom's family (especially on her mom's side) were rather religious.

my weekly club is usually the pub, is that not a more fun option or do folk from your way just want to look respectable? fuck that shit...gimme a lager over the bread of christ any day

*clinks glass* cheers bro. Yeah lemme get a lager over a stupid communion wafer.

2006ish for me.
i had this crazy mother who would make us go every sunday. My brothers and i wouldnt get out of bed. They esculated into church wars, where she would go nuts and we would lay in bed taking all of her punishments and insults. She refused to let us refuse sunday mass. Once I didnt go for christmas and I didnt get presents, which was like losing $500 of new stuff when youre a broke kid. I stood by my decision.

I only go for christenings/weddings and the such.

I don't need to go to church, gain nothing and be bored. Going to church never made me feel better about myself or the world. It always felt like a wast of time. I'll just repent on my deathbed, just in case.

*clinks glass* cheers bro. Yeah lemme get a lager over a stupid communion wafer.

truth. plus them wafers taste like muck, i said mom,ill go to mass but i aint eating that shit...it leaves a horribe taste

I sometimes go to church when I visit my mother, out of respect mainly. I don't believe in the churh, but it doesn't mean I have to be cynical towards those who do

isnt it true for most people living in the bible belt though? like church and football is your life?

Not so much anymore. A majority of people will still claim to be Christian in the south on a census report, but you might not ever see them inside a church, unless its a funeral, wedding, or Christmas/Easter.

On topic, I go every week--granted, I'm a pastor, but before that I still went every week. Like most things, its easy if you make time for it.

Last edited:
Went every week for first 17 or 18 yrs of my life. It was a big deal if me or my siblings missed a week too. But now I barely go- holidays, funerals, weddings, christenings are exceptions.

I'm going to get back into going regularly in 2013 I think. In 09 as a 24 yr old I went 42 out of 52 weeks which I thought was solid but then I fell off from there. The problem is whenever I do go regularly I feel like I have to force myself to go and when I don't go, I don't miss it. Real sad to say cuz I do consider myself religious.

Someone should make a shirt with Jesus carrying the cross labeled, "Jesus lifted".

Back