Do you go to church regularly?

I love it when Atheist suddenly come into a thread about religion.

I believe in a higher power. I don't judge you if you don't, but no one is enforcing religion upon you on this thread. People believe in what they believe in. So neither you should be enforcing what you don't believe in.

Every cause has its zealots.

Yes, unfortunately. I only do it to get my parents off my back, they take their religion seriously.

Really a terrible reason to go, but I'm guilty of the same thing. I go twice a month and it sorta holds my mom at bay.

Used to go every Sunday morning, night and Wednesday night. Never found much enjoyment in going but it do find as an adult that it's kinda nice sometimes, especially if I'm in a negative spot in my life.

I have found myself questioning things quite a bit over the past several years. I do believe in God, but many of the Bible stories are hard to take seriously for me now.

I had the discussion with my friend (who goes even more regularly, because he's Catholic and was guilted into teaching class), that we pretty much hear the same things over and over and don't learn anything new that we weren't told as children. We actually had a good laugh over it.

Never, but I go to the "Masjid" around 5 times/day
but I don't really care if people go anywhere or don,'t :)

Went every Sunday for 18 years.
(rebellious young adult)
Then stopped for 10.
(got married/started family)
Now I'm back to going just about every Sunday.

Exactly the same for me, except I stopped for almost 20 years. I stopped when I was confirmed since in my parents' minds (and in the church's eyes) it makes you an adult in the church. I just remember I was pissed because I had to forfeit my last match in the wrestling tourney I was in because I had to go get confirmed. Been going regularly for about 8 years now.

Except being obsessed about cars doesn't directly create mass delusion which in turn negatively affects society.

Without religion we would probably be living in a post-apocolyptic era. Jesus taught us to love our enemies

Back