Do you go to church regularly?

Aheyor

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
And if so, how do you do it?

Im home for the christmas and go to mass once a year just to keep my catholic mother happy and i have to say it was really tough going.

i seriously dont know how people do it every week

I haven't been in years, and let me tell you it sure is nice waking up and knowing you don't have to go.

I don't but in hs I knew people who went everyday. They kept saying how fun it was and how they liked talking to god. Good for them, they were all very kind people in general

Went every Sunday for 18 years.
(rebellious young adult)
Then stopped for 10.
(got married/started family)
Now I'm back to going just about every Sunday.

jesusdiedforhisownsinsnotmine.jpg

Well I think it's easier for people to go who were brought up in a different culture. If you really totally believe the nonsense they speak and rituals they go through I can see how many would continuously go. The church does do good for a community and so if you can not only stand the nonsense they speak, but totally buy into it, Church could really be an interesting place that is totally relevant to ones life.

The problem is that people who have grown up with access to education and internet often (not always) see it for what it is. An organization that constantly changes its message to fit a changing audience. It's not authentic, which makes it lose any sort of credibility considering the message they are trying to send. Making sitting through the nonsense extremely boring and seemingly pointless.

No, I don't go. And probably never will.

Went every Sunday for 18 years.
(rebellious young adult)
Then stopped for 10.
(got married/started family)
Now I'm back to going just about every Sunday.

is your other half religious? or was it your choice to start going again

Last time I went to a church was because of a funeral iirc.

2009?

I don't but in hs I knew people who went everyday. They kept saying how fun it was and how they liked talking to god. Good for them, they were all very kind people in general

thats true, i never seen so many happy and smiling people as i did in church today

I've been to church before, and a mosque. But I do not go regularly.

Well I think it's easier for people to go who were brought up in a different culture. If you really totally believe the nonsense they speak and rituals they go through I can see how many would continuously go. The church does do good for a community and so if you can not only stand the nonsense they speak, but totally buy into it, Church could really be an interesting place that is totally relevant to ones life.

The problem is that people who have grown up with access to education and internet often (not always) see it for what it is. An organization that constantly changes its message to fit a changing audience. It's not authentic, which makes it lose any sort of credibility considering the message they are trying to send. Making sitting through the nonsense extremely boring and seemingly pointless.

No, I don't go. And probably never will.

Especially catholic mass! damn that shit is boring as fuck
at least in some protestant religions they do be singing and dancing up the aisles like mad motherfuckers

I only go to church to attend christenings, weddings and funerals.

The problem is that people who have grown up with access to education and internet often (not always) see it for what it is. An organization that constantly changes its message to fit a changing audience. It's not authentic, which makes it lose any sort of credibility considering the message they are trying to send.

I live in UK and this is my problem with the Church of England and other protestant churches. First they want to make women be vicars, then they want to make women Bishops, now people (who arent even Christian) say they should condone gay marriages in their churches, and they really considered it, just to be "politically correct".
They went against that, but they really considered it. Churches shouldn't change their rules to fit social trends, it negates the whole reason why they have rules in the first place.

I'm a catholic by the way, I didn't go to Sunday mass yesterday and thats probably the first time this year I skipped it (apart from when i was on holiday). I have a very bad cold thats why, but will try and make it this evening, because its Christmas :)

Only for funerals. Makes me kind of uncomfortable to pretend i'm christian to my family. But it's not too big a deal.

Especially catholic mass! damn that shit is boring as fuck
at least in some protestant religions they do be singing and dancing up the aisles like mad motherfuckers

Lol

Ironically this is when I made the choice to never go to church. When I saw a lesbian looking women in a skin tight black leotard parading around doing some interpretive dance. Sure it was interesting but wtf does that have to do with anything?

Seems like they just ignore the important issues and keep things simple. Why not talk about shrooms? Why not talk about DMT? Seems like they are not interested in real religious experiences.

Not regularly but definitely more than a few times per year.

It's a nice, quiet break from the daily grind and I do believe in a higher power.

No. I went yesterday with my gf and her family though. It was interesting.

Back