Do you beleive in god?

computer boy:
oh boy! where do i even start with you? <sigh> ok, here we go:

mabye Jesus didn't directly say "i hereby authorize everyone writting in the Bible has my permission." trust me, it was to his ok.

some writers are "nuts" in your opinion. if that's the conclusion you're gonna draw then have fun with it but it hasn't CAUSED problems. WE, as know-it-all superior humans are the ones that have been causing the problems.

your 2nd paragraph:
you're right. the majority of Christs teachings deal with basic moral teachings. keep in mind that they appear "basic" because we have been acustomed to them for the last 2000 years. this is do MAINLY to Christ.
he also teaches that he is the light. that whoever wants to enter the kingdom of heaven must do so through him. that he is God's son, that he would die on the cross for our sins. these, among many other things he said, are what make his teachings different from buddah, confusious, and johnny-bob's daily guide for moral decency (btw, i'm simply bringing out a point, not draggin other people's religions so don't give me shit about it).

about being born into religions: already addressed it. read previous posts.

i'll agree that many people are just born into religions. they don't question stuff. they just accept. i did my homework before truely committing my life to Christ so, no, i'm not one of them. but even if i was then it doesn't really matter. if someone believes in Christ then he's doing the will of God, bottom line. what's the point of doing all the hardcore research anywayz???? so you can go on sherdog and debate people???

you're right. many DO act like THEIR religion is the best without having much of a reason why. who cares? worry about yourself. people feel that way about EVERYTHING, not just religion. that's them, you're you, i'm me. yee haw!

Edited By LeftBench:

Please don't write stuff like this anymore.

RESPECT IS THE GOD WICH I BELIEVE IN.....------->westklan 98

Give Respect, show respect, and it will be returned

Relegions only destroy

Dellster: Dont post on this thread again.

The one issue I that people keep bringing up is the idea that being a "good guy" will be enough to get them into the good graces if there is an afterlife. It doesn't work that way. The only way is through the salvation provided by Jesus Christ. So no one who is simply a nice guy and doesn't hurt people deserves anything. Also, when you compare "religions" note that most of them are "intellectual" religions where the focus is on mental peace and tranquility and all those things. These are all created by men. Along with nature-worshiping religions these differ heavily from Christianity.
This is still going strong and I hope to see more good posts.

Red Dragon: You are so right, I was so wrong-your hypocrisy and fanaticism have changed my ways I shall now go and get dunked in water or hold onto snakes or whatever the fuck you holy rollers do.

Religion is a crock of shit! Its a crutch for the weak. What valuable information does one attain for the bible? If you say the 10 commandments then your fucking retarded! They have been brain washing and riping people off for how long? Just a bunch of hipocrits plain and simple. Nothing wrong with being spirtual and believing in things but religion come on.

Christ's religion:
Commandments
1. Treat people how you want to be treated.
2. Believe in yourself.
3. Woman should sleep with men anytime a man wants! j/k

well we were doin good w/ intelligent posts for a while. i guess it can only last so long though...

You are right, right up until the christian right movement stepped up and started to dominate the thread. Once again, the only thing christians truly have is the ability to look victimized at the drop of a hat.

i don't think i look victimized. i certainly don't portray myself to be & i never claimed 2 be.

plenty of people do. some are christians & some aren't. i don't see how you came to that conclusion. please x-plain...

Dellster. That was not a big or clever post. When I started this thread it was so that I could hear other peoples opinions and it might prove interesting to us all.
Your comments are a disgrace and completely offensive to everyone whether religious or not. We can all take a joke but thats just plain disrespectful. Show some class and repect man!

True Zen.

Fuktard,
I took it that your cryptic post was directed at what I had previously stated. So, I felt that it needed to be pointed out that not everyone believes in the Christian "lamb of god mentality". If not, then please disregard. If so, then let's chop it up.

no razor it was actually @ dell's. i'm not tryin to convert people. if they do then great! but i'm not really expecting it from internet chats.

i'm just tryin to let you all know where i'm coming from. i also want to try to clear up some very common and misunderstood beliefs that people have about christians, christianity, and God.

how'm i doin so far bro?

Good man. You're doing good.

What Dell said is fucking retarded and needs to be deleted from the thread. I nominate myself as a mod for the job : ).

As for where you are coming from; on all points christianity related, I think you have alot of good information. The edicts I follow in daily life are based on some of those same christian fundamentals i.e. most of the ten commandments. I have alot of trouble with both organized religon and the hypocrisy of elders in the given place of worship.

No, I don't believe in any God whatsoever. I believe in what I see, in what I feel, in what I live. I believe in me being a lowly human being in a Galaxy far too big and complex for me to grasp it's meaning.

i don't like the majority of organized religion. i don't really agree w/ the catholic church on a good deal of issues. i believe in having your own personal relationship with Jesus. i believe that the Bible and the church are there to ASSIST you with it but aren't necessary.

church's lately have been making jackasses of their religions and they're hurting thier own causes. i happen to go to an EXCELLENT church- it's the 2nd largest in the world & fastest growing in history and there's a reason for that. i'm lucky that this church just happens to be headquartered 15 minutes from me.
if i didn't have it then i probably wouldn't even go to church.

What church do you go to?

I have a good majority of friends who are christian and love it. I would love to trade cynicism for the serenity in absolute faith, the problem is a belief in nothing (faith) and how that translates into transcendence. In other words, heaven I believe (much as the Zen Master stated) is within the person. Nirvana is a self actualization.

I can't say that i belive in god, on the flip side i've never had a reason to not believe in god, but i tend to think not. I've been to church once or twice and i've had an interest in a few other religions, philosophys and shit, but i can't say i live my life under any principle other than my own commandments, which are usually made up on the fly.

I respect some aspects of religions but i have a healthy mistrust of other parts. When people start interpreting aspects of religions in a certain way it seems to lead to foam flecked zealots on a crusade to "put everyone to the sword" that don't see things their way. I don't like that sir, i don't like that at all.

I use to be Catholic, but I'm agnostic now.

Main Entry: [1]ag

I am not good on religious history, I had hoped I didn't say anything stupid in my first post. Fuktard, I was under the assumption that much of what is written in the Bible was written after Christ. That's what I meant by Christ not having OK'd the content. The "nuts" I was referring to are the ones in the Bible who advocate things we would not do in a civilized society (slavery, etc.). There was a thread about this recently, with lots of insanity from the Bible quoted. NOT from Christ, from these other smart guys. What are they doing in the same book as Christ? Did Christ really OK that stuff? I don't know, I'm asking. If he did, then screw the whole religion, it's wisdom mixed with barbarism. I don't think he did.

How can Christianity be credible if the Bible sells such vastly different moral standards? Anyway, I'm not really in my element talking about religion at all. I have a problem with the logic. Any religion that says "Following our teachings is the only way to achieve the highest moral standard" can't be correct. There must be hundreds of millions of Chinese, for example, who will never hear about Christianity. You seem to be saying that they cannot possibly "enter the kingdom of heaven". If this kingdom you speak of is a private club for Christians only, then that would make sense. If the "kingdom" is a euphemism for what happens to a good and moral person at death, then it's not for Christians only.

Religion and religious people can teach good things, but logic is not their strong point. Most religions ask the to believer suspend normal rational thought.

I would like to see Christianity, for instance, stripped of everything but the actual teachings of Christ. That way, it could be taught as a fascinating story of a very smart, brave, and morally advanced man. He tried to change the moral cesspool he lived in by sharing his ideas with as many people as he could. Some agreed with him, some did not, and those in power killed him for his efforts. He died because he had a better idea, and cared enough to try. He emphasized that to be a good person, you must first learn these ideals, then you will be ready to die right. Again, pardon the oversimplification, but isn't that the gist of it? His story is unusual for the sacrifices he made for the truth (at least), but the ideals he died for are not the exclusive property of Christians.

Back