Do you beleive in god?

The bible says its easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter heaven. So are MJ and Oprah going to the same place as Bundy and Dahmer!? The bible was written by men, not Jesus. Again I think in this instance...your "Perception is your reality"
I think christians go to heaven. Buddhists reach Nirvana etc etc..
In that they are not physical places as such. Even the bible says heaven is "within us all" I think you make your own afterlife, or not as the case may be.
I think that Jesus, Buddha ect are all the same. Enlightend beings who teach the same basic principles in a way best suited to their place and time.

i think believing in god and going to church just helps people feel good about themselves and live life easier, if thats the case, then i am fine with that. i just havent seen anything to make me a believer. there is some real fucked up things that have happened in the past hundred years, very hard for me to understand how god can just let shit like that happen. i cant believe in a god that can let little children get burned alive as happened in the holocaust. that was way to fucked up to just say well god lets us all make our own choices, whatever, shit like that should not happen if there is a god.

And just for the record. I beleive that the place we all refer to as 'hell' I think this life on earth is it if there is such a place.

Not to sound pesimistic or anything..lol

Ive been strongly opininionated at one time on both sides of this argument,but I guess im at a spiritual (or lack thereof) state in my life, where I am completely neutral.

The bible says its easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter heaven. So are MJ and Oprah going to the same place as Bundy and Dahmer!? The bible was written by men, not Jesus. Again I think in this instance...your "Perception is your reality"
OG by Zen Machine

I believe that this is the truth.

You must all believe in the power of Jesus! Our lord God is the ruler of the universe and shall smite his enemies upon his return. Through Jesus you can obtain eternal salvation!The only true power in the universe, the holy ghost, Jesus, God, the seer of all, with his divine wisdom, awesome power, He is the LORD!

Now can i get a donation? Jesus told me that the Church needs Hot tub.
This thread should be titled DO YOU BELIEVE IN MAGIC?

This is a interesting question 2 find on MMA forum.I believe in something larger than myself 100%,as far as religion goe

its sunday and i haven't been to church in a while. i went through a phase of cursing god too. my dad used to tell me when i asked him why he doesn't go to church with my mom and my brother, "i graduated chruch."
now i get it. i went to church and now i implement the teachings into my life. i also feel that god sent prophets all over the earth resulting in the different religion. why would god send one man, jesus to cover the globe in those times? even today would be difficult to reach everyone with all the communication tools we have.
razor and someone else brought up good points, this word of god was written by man and has been tampered with to suit their own actions.
so to answer the question, i do believe in god, but i have no clue as to what god is or means. just faith. a feeling i have inside that gives me peace when i fear for my life. they say people who are afraid to die are the ones who have not been living right.
just look at the politicians run like cowards from every minute scent of anthrax. biatch!
peace everyone.

i heard woody harrelson say some native american saying, about how nature is god and if we live in harmony with it, then we are living in a heavan on earth.
wu-tang clan also mentioned, hell is what you go through, heaven is what you make of it.
this other quote comes to mind, "maybe this planet is another planet's hell."

fight on sherdogians!

Needeing to believe in god is a basic human instinct. Something more powerfull than us helps keep society in check. People need fear to keep the masses in line, keep the honest people honest. God is dead. when everyone realizes this it will be to late.

the parable about it being easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter heaven, it is not to be taken literally. first of all, you need to know a little history before making a judgement call. there was a city that had an entrance gate called the "eye of the needle" because it was so narrow. in order for a camel to get through it, all of the materials it was packing had to be unloaded. Jesus was essentially saying that if you are focused on only accumulating wealth in you life, and you don't care about how you get it, you are on the wrong path. you need to unload this baggage in order to enter heaven. if you study the historical context of many religions, these parables will make sense. as far as the "God is dead" and the "when we all realize this it will be too late" please spare me the pseudo-intellectual lecture. i majored in sociology and i've heard it all before. Marx, and many of his contemporaries are not as smart as people give them credit for. no one human alive knows it all, so don't think for one second that you are the one that does.

Some days I beleive in a higher being and some days I don't, why would god give us so many differnt religons and then cause strife between them?
How can anyone person stand here and say his religon is the right one and everybody elses is the wrong one, based upon books written by man?

Glad to hear you and the kids are OK LSG!:)

Originally posted by herecomestrouble
joe son is proof that if a god does exist at least he has a sense of humor.
Ha Ha:D

I think the main point is the basic principals. I read a nice analogy once about how a christian, a hindu, and buddhist ect.. where arguing over what the correct word for a drinking bowl or 'cup' was according to their language. Along came the historical Buddha and told them to stop bickering over what its called and drink from it!

Im from N.Ireland and this is so relevant! No god would agree with killing others to impose your beleifs or over a peice of land!!! Its so silly really!

"I was not created in the likeness of a fraud. You hell is something scary I prefare a loving god" - Anthony Kedis(RHCP)

Their is more proof of ufo's then of god
so no i don't

every time i see people arguing against God, it appears that they are looking at PHYSICAL and HUMAN tangible evidence. if you do that then you will ALWAYS find loopholes.

God's intent is NOT to gain our faith through physical evidence. it is through SPIRITUAL evidence & insight where everything will come together. it is in our instinct to consistantly put these things to the test but we're doing the wrong testing.

i would advise any none beliver to try the following: read the Bible the whole way through. START WITH THE BOOK OF PROVERBS AND THEN GO ON FROM THERE. except don't read it like a it's a friggin text book and your the critic. read it when you're spiritually ready to hear everything from GOD'S side- not MAN'S. if you have questions then PRAY them to God. don't just draw your own (or others) conclusions, but express them to God. if you have a desire for understanding then you'll get your answer.

if you're not ready to do it then don't worry about it. one day you will and THAT'S when you will TRUELY grasp what God's purpose is for everything.

i'm goin to the beach. see ya'll later!

Originally posted by cptn.fuktard
every time i see people arguing against God, it appears that they are looking at PHYSICAL and HUMAN tangible evidence. if you do that then you will ALWAYS find loopholes.

God's intent is NOT to gain our faith through physical evidence. it is through SPIRITUAL evidence & insight where everything will come together. it is in our instinct to consistantly put these things to the test but we're doing the wrong testing.

i would advise any none beliver to try the following: read the Bible the whole way through. START WITH THE BOOK OF PROVERBS AND THEN GO ON FROM THERE. except don't read it like a it's a friggin text book and your the critic. read it when you're spiritually ready to hear everything from GOD'S side- not MAN'S. if you have questions then PRAY them to God. don't just draw your own (or others) conclusions, but express them to God. if you have a desire for understanding then you'll get your answer.

if you're not ready to do it then don't worry about it. one day you will and THAT'S when you will TRUELY grasp what God's purpose is for everything.

i'm goin to the beach. see ya'll later!

So what your saying is faith is a tangible measurement of reality?

what i'm saying is what i wrote. nothin more, nothin less

Back