Do we really need JDS vs Velasquez 3?

Cain is hardly the better striker. He was able to setup punches because JDS was constantly going backwards and wary of the takedown. Cain's strategy and constant pressure made his striking look better, but in a boxing match it wouldn't be nearly as effective.

Cain did a good job getting JDS to tire early, thus dropping his hands and leaving himself open for a barrage of punches. JDS was trying to distance and land good shots instead of Cain's plan of just throwing everything he had.

Striking is more than just boxing, Cain has better knees and kicks than JDS, and he's also faster/quicker with better movement than JDS. Cain is the better striker, JDS is the harder puncher.

Unless JDS was tired after his walk down to the Octagon, him being tired isn't an excuse for Cain outstriking him from the beginning of the fight.

Not for a while. let them fight some others first before the rematch.

he should have to fight one sub par HW before getting a rematch just like Cain did...

Striking is more than just boxing, Cain has better knees and kicks than JDS, and he's also faster/quicker with better movement than JDS. Cain is the better striker, JDS is the harder puncher.

Unless JDS was tired after his walk down to the Octagon, him being tired isn't an excuse for Cain outstriking him from the beginning of the fight.

it wasnt that he was tired from beginning...he got rocked big time early on and never recouped...kept getting rocked and it sucked the gas from him...cain put it on JDS and really never let up...hard pace to keep as a HW especially when you get rocked early on and never had the chance to catch your breathe...

I'd like to see JDS have at least one match first. If Overeem beats Silva (which I expect) then I'd say Overeem should get the next fight. But if Overeem loses then the HW division will be wide open. Courmier and Cain seemed to agree they still don't want to fight each other during the postfight show and it really seems like they wouldn't agree to the fight.

So if Overeem loses that would really leave Werdum, JDS and Bigfoot (who in this scenario pulled off the big upset). If I recall correctly Werdum is set to coach TUF with Nog and won't fight until the middle of the year so I doubt he would be given the next fight.

Yeah, it's not that Cain was wrecked and got the title shot after 1 fight.

Being it a rubber match the appeal for it is much larger than Cain getting his own rematch.

it wasnt that he was tired from beginning...he got rocked big time early on and never recouped...kept getting rocked and it sucked the gas from him...cain put it on JDS and really never let up...hard pace to keep as a HW especially when you get rocked early on and never had the chance to catch your breathe...

I understand when he was rocked, which is why I'm asking why was he being outstruck even prior to getting rocked. Cain was faster and was winning all of their exchanges prior to the huge shot he caught JDS with early in the first round.

lol shitty situation
Look

Overeem should fight Cain now

But JDS should fight who?

Werdum is fighting Big nog now. And we don't know maybe he has deal with UFC and gets next title shot ?

JDS already beat the shit out of Carwin and Nelson,and Struve

The only solution

Mark Hunt vs JDS

3rd fight down the line is a must. after 3-5 fights each. No more quick rematches I'm sick of them.

JDS needs a solid 2-3 performances to get another title shot.

Cain should get the winner of Overeem/Bigfoot.

JDS should get the loser of Overeem/Bigfoot.

Most likely Bigfoot would lose and face JDS....

meaning his run of opponents would be:

Fedor
Cormier
Velasquez
Browne
Overeem
Dos Santos

with the exception of Browne thats probably the hardest run of opponents anyone has ever had.

Gets beat in a little over a minute and gets almost an instant rematch, can't finish JDS after throwing the kitchen sink at him and a rematch is scoffed at. Its funny how people think its great Cain can make adjustments but JDS isn't given the same luxury...wait not funny, stupid, it's stupid.

5 rounds of schooling> flash KO

So glad the fight went down that way. All the JDS fanboys on here were saying Cain shouldn't get the rematch because it was "so decisive" an outcome the first fight. First fight was always a fluke in my mind, last night proved that. JDS is still a beast and one of my favorite fighters overall, but I was glad to see Cain get the belt back.

Cain dominated him but a decision is a decision. Junior in 6 rounds against Cain has the only definitive result(KO, Submission). At the very least he should be no more than one impressive win from a rematch.

I'm not sure when but the third fight will likely happen.

Cain dominated him but a decision is a decision. Junior in 6 rounds against Cain has the only definitive result(KO, Submission). At the very least he should be no more than one impressive win from a rematch.

please no...
we don't want to see rematches all the times, and JDS needs to have time to improve..

He was exposed in several areas : defensive striking, gas tank, groundgame...
Those flaws won't disappear overnight..

The series is tied with each fighter having one win. A third fight should happen at some point sooner than later...

This.

Cains fans needs to try to stop that hard to rpetend the first fight never happened.

Back