Do we really need JDS vs Velasquez 3?

Not anytime soon. I couldn't get myself hyped up for fight number 2 because the first fight just happened. All the rematches is IMO hurting the UFC, I can't be the only person who doesn't want to see the same fights over and over again.

Hell over the last couple years I lost complete interest in the LW division, with Edgar vs Penn x 2, Edgar vs Maynard x 2 and finally Edgar vs Benson x 2. Shit was just annoying.

There should be at least 2 fights in between rematches, if not 3 or 4. I know the HW division isn't super stacked and JDS is easily 2 or 3, but I'd rather see both Cain and JDS get a few wins under their belts before they fight each other again.

Isn't this the part where JDS's camp will announce he had an unknown injury or illness and if they fight again things will be different?

How does a punch being directly behind the ear a fluke? I can tell you're a myerrible poster and, probably a casual

Haha far from a casual fan bro. Of course it was a fluke, you are insinuating that JDS meant to land that overhand right behind the ear. Fail. I picked Cain in the first fight, he was clearly injured coming in, and he got caught. I picked him again last night and he fought to his true potential. I'm glad we got to see a full fight rather than a one minute title fight. I'm a fight fan, don't necessarily care who wins in most fights, but it was nice to see Cain come back from his first career loss and look so dominant against a beast like JDS who had looked invincible in his UFC career up to that point.

I think they need to put JDS against another wrestler... maybe Cormier? Would be interesting to see how he rebounds from this.

to be fair, if jds destroys next opponent, let him get the rematch like cain did

it's going to happen eventually... but i wanna see other people fighting for the title

Most likely Bigfoot would lose and face JDS....

meaning his run of opponents would be:

Fedor
Cormier
Velasquez
Browne
Overeem
Dos Santos

with the exception of Browne thats probably the hardest run of opponents anyone has ever had.

yes damn hard.

Nastula debuted with Big Nog,then fought A.Emelianenko then edson draggo and then Josh barnett. Looks pretty hard for first 4 fights

I could see JDS v Bigfoot/Werdum/some gatekeeper... and then JDS vs Cormier for a title eliminator.

If Dos Santos is the best in the crowd, why wait a while for the rubber match?

lol everyone was saying the same thing about Cain getting a rematch "so quickly".

Shertards being Shertards.

I believe so yes... You have 1 for 1 on each fighter, both dominate victories. Leaves much to be desired and if there is money to be made then Zuffa & company will jump on it.

lol everyone was saying the same thing about Cain getting a rematch "so quickly".

Shertards being Shertards.

Exactly. Everyone complained but CAIN made a statement with bigfoot , earned the rematch and now last night. Its the way JDS lost that makes me say let him build up a few wins first before another fight.

If Cain can get a rematch so quick Jds deserves it too. 5 rd decision win is not better than 60 sec KO. Both plans were executed both times. The rubber match will show who is more effective at imposing theirs.

I would like to see it .. just not right away.. let JDS and Cain get at least two more fights in then do it.. that way you have momentum leading up to it

I wouldnt say theres a need for it to happen right away but equally I do think theres clear room for improved from JDS in terms of cardio.

Dispite Rogans hype I don't think that you can really make the case that Cain pushed the pace so much that JDS's otherwise good cardio failed. Yes it was a pretty active match but really all JDS did was quickly escape one takedown, stuff a couple of pretty easy ankle pics while throwing a few counters. That should not be enough to cause someone to slow down 3-4 mins into a match the way Jnr did.

Why wouldn't a rubber match win eventually?

They both have one emphatic win over one another. Obviously JDS will have to earn it but when the time comes there's nothing wrong with a 3rd fight between these guys.

Everyone has been saying this would be a trilogy since before the first fight.

I think JDS will need to beat a couple of good guys to get back up there again but I'd certainly watch it.

While Cain did dominate this second fight, JDS will always be a guy who can turn the tide or end the fight with one shot. Even in that fight lastnight I thought JDS might still win it any time if he could land a good shot. Cain punched himself out in the first round but he kept up great pressure the rest of the way. If he hadn't done that, and given Jr any time to recover, It could have been a different outcome. I even thought of Sonnen vs Silva I while watching this fight. I kept wondering if JDS might pull a victory out of his ass like Anderson did.

Cain only needed one win after getting knocked out so Jds should only need one win. However I would love to see Overeem or werdum getting a shot at the belt

Hell yeah, listen guys stop pretending JDS has no chance in a 3rd fight because im a huge JDS fan and i had Cain winning last night, and i have JDS winning the rubbermatch.

I predicted this guys would need to have a trilogy.

Back