Do we really need JDS vs Velasquez 3?

If JDS decisively wins 2-3 matches from this point on, I would LOVE to see a 3rd match between him and Cain.

What the fuck?So cain gets knocked the fuck out in the first fight in 64 seconds and gets one win,so cain now beats jds by wide ud and now jds has to string a COUPLE OF MATCHES to get back to the tile?
Jds had 10 times the harder road to the championship as well.
Get your head out of your asses sherdogers.

What the fuck?So cain gets knocked the fuck out in the first fight in 64 seconds and gets one win,so cain now beats jds by wide ud and now jds has to string a COUPLE OF MATCHES to get back to the tile?

Exactly , you get a gold star for reading comprehension.
Junior got lucky the first fight, the second fight has now decisively settled who is the better fighter.

We love to see rivalries and this one needs a conclusion.

Junior got lucky the first fight, the second fight has now decisively settled who is the better fighter.
There are no such thing as a lucky punch.Get over yourself.
Both of the fights prove nothing.

Unless he connected on a punch while his eyes were closed there is nothing lucky about it. Dos Santos outperformed Cain in the first fight and Cain out performed him in the second. Both fighters have had great performances against each other. There isn't a need for an immediate rematch but anyone who wouldn't want to watch a third fight is crazy.

Velasquez got a rematch right away because of lack of contenders.

If Bigfoot wins in an impressive fashion I would be ok watching a rematch with Cain for the title. Cain will probably destroy him again but seeing what happens with Overeem might give me doubt. Either way I really want to see Overeem JDS.

Oh yeah, either way, eventually a rematch, I say wait until the timing works. They are both young, it will happen.

People are already calling it a great trilogy but I'm not really interested. I don't want to see JDS in championship fight in 2013 (if he fights twice next year).

5 rounds of schooling> flash KO

Sorry, not how it works. By the very definition, stoppages rate above decisions. JDS finished Cain. Cain couldn't finish JDS (a half-cocked JDS nonetheless). Simple as that. Same thing happened in both fights, flash KD; JDS finished and Cain couldn't.

Sorry, not how it works. By the very definition, stoppages rate above decisions. JDS finished Cain. Cain couldn't finish JDS (a half-cocked JDS nonetheless). Simple as that. Same thing happened in both fights, flash KD; JDS finished and Cain couldn't.

KO would rank above decisions all time, but if you can't do it again in doesn't mean much.

KO would rank above decisions all time, but if you can't do it again in doesn't mean much.

Yes it does. It means on that night he fought better. It means a top level fighter beat another one to become champ. It'll always mean something. You can't take that away. If he doesn't do it again it means Cain was able to correct the problem and was the better fighter during the next fights.

He got lucky because you said so? Well I am gonna use your authority and say that JDS was caught with a lucky shot in the first round of the rematch that had him on the loopy street for the rest of the fight. However, unlike Cain, JDS didn't land on his face and just lay there, he actually fought back. Therefore, I say JDS deserves a rematch.

See how that works? There is no such thing as a lucky punch, especially if the one who is throwing it is known for knocking people out with bombs. JDS got the best of Cain in the first, Cain got the best of JDS in the second. Stop being a dick.

Cain put on a clinic. JDS ended it with one punch. To me Cain put on the more impressive performance.

JDS needs to rebound and prove he can go more than 1 round in a high pace fight without gassing, but it's hard he most likely destroys everybody else.

JDS definitely needs a couple of big wins. It'll likely happen at some point though if not next year then in 2014. The HW division is pretty shallow and some new guys would have to step up to prevent it.

Of course we should have a 3rd fight. The only reason Dana pushed it off is because of all the questions, If JDS has a broken jaw he will not be ready to fight...therefore Uberheem will get a shot. It's over-reaction Sunday. Who says JDS does not regroup and comes back in to take it.

The HW division is not that deep. If JDS comes to fight a third time and wins, they could fight 5 times over their career.

Give him one fight and if he wins that, give him the rubber match.

Afterall, that's all it took for Cain for him to get a rematch.

JDS will work his way back up, just like the first time.

Should be a shorter road the second time.

HW div has some good possible matchups in 2013.

Back