Do we really need JDS vs Velasquez 3?

Whoever lands the first big punch between these two wins the fight. JDS KOed Cain with one big punch in the first fight, and this fight JDS was doing great defending the TDs and keeping Cain off of him until he got hit with that big right, after which point he was a basically zombie-JDS for the rest of the fight. Any fight between these two will be unpredictable because it's really about who hurts who first. Either will be able to impose their will if they can get the other guy staggered for even an instant.

It's not like the division is super stacked, they will fight again, for sure. Cain was KO'd and had his.

JDS needs to work on his conditioning. He was visibly slowed down at the end of the first round.

Imo after cain landed that big punch Junior was pretty much out of it for the first two rounds he looked a lot fresher from the 3rd round on

probably wont be one...Im not interested by it... but it would most likely look like their second fight if there was.

I'm certain they will fight each other again seeing as they're both young and the division is not exactly deep. I would be happy to see a third fight eventually down the road.

I would love to see a third fight somewhere down the line. Yes, I know JDS got dominated in this fight, but I think people are overlooking the fact that JDS was caught with a huge punch from Cain in that first round which rocked him and he almost got finished. He was pretty much out of it the whole fight from that point on. In a way, it was similar to their first fight, with JDS being caught early this time, the only difference is he wasn't finished.

Yes but not right away.. Junior needs some time to step back and get better from this loss..

We had this same thread when the first fight happened and everybody said no. Except ME. When they said who should his next opponent be i said Cain. A lot of seasoned posters called me a idiot i am going to use thread finder and get in their faces.

JDS got dropped in the 1st round, and punished some more. He's really tough so he survived but that set the rest of the way of the fight in motion he never fully recovered from the first round, his mass definitely makes it hard to match Cain's conditioning. The fact is Cain was the better man, but both have proved they can beat each other, JDS should need one top contender win like Cain did, or get one now for defending the belt already, either way they'll fight again.

Eh, yes?

I was sure JDS would KO Cain early but after what I watched today Cain would take the rematch in similar fashion. Hardly an epic rivalry though and never will be.

I wouldn't mind seeing a rematch, but like most people have said, JDS needs another big win or two before that happens. I would say either the end of 2013 or early 2014 JDS could be fighting for the title again. I feel like he's going to be out of action for months and we won't see him back until early summer of 2013.

These two will fight another 3 or 4 times before the end of their careers. Its inevitable. They're both young and tops in the division.

Definitely not an immediate rematch, but seeing as how Cain and Dos Santos are the consensus #1 and #2 HWs , it's only resonable to assume they'll see each other again pretty soon.

He should have to beat someone before fighting again, but keep in mind that Cain only beat a loser himself to get a rematch.

Back