Discuss and rate the last movie you saw part XI! (Read OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
8/10

Had never sat and watched it all the way through until last night. Great movie.

ALFIE

The Jude Law remake. With all this narration it's not really a movie. Stylistically it felt okay but ultimately pointless. Portrait of an aging lothario.

These are like the biggest cop-out films ever.
Anyone with enough money and patience can make one.

Sure, they look great, but they're not anything special.

What exactly are they failing to uphold though? From the trailer I watched all they really claim it to be is visually stunning, which you yourself said it was.

I don't get the love for Beckinsale when there is Sienna Miller.

Django Unchained: 8.5/10

So I rated The Hobbit 9/10, and I think this movie is just a tad bit under it. Overall though, this movie rocked. I thought the acting was superb, and actually Foxx impressed me the most. Waltz played a similar character to his role in Basterds, but he was still hilarious and awesome, and Leo was great as well. The action was very entertaining and there was some great killing scenes. Another great flick from Tarantino.

django unchained --- 6.5 out of 10.

Felt about an hour too long. 3hrs watching the HObbit flew by, 3hrs watching this dragged.

1st half was great then went down hill. acting was great but story just dragged on too long and the ending was kinda...lame.

I feel the opposite. I was very aware of the length of hobbit and not at all for django.

The ending to Django was shit. The remaining shootout and blowing up the house should have just happened during the first shootout.

Super 8

6/10

I just could not suspend my disbelief for most of it. Particularly with how incompetent the military was. Really? They're communicating unencrypted over civilian frequencies? How easy was it for them to sneak their way back into town after they had it evacuated.
Also, it seems like although it was set in the 80's, it had the aesthetics of the 60's/70's and contemporary vernacular. That bothered me. And last but not least, JJ's trademark lens flare.

Pitch Perfect - 4/10. Really cheesy movie. It's like a big budget episode of Glee. Not really my thing, got conned by some broad into watching it. I wouldn't recommend for the straight male, unless you were getting some poon afterwards.

Alexis Knapp is fine as shit though.
alexis_knapp_498f431d33dc9_eKmCadf.sized.jpg

The Mummy, 7/10.

It's held up well, just a fun film. Prime Rachel Weisz too.

Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby 8/10

Will Ferrell is funny and Leslie Bibb is hot.

Leslie-Bibb-33.JPG

Samsara 9/10 Filmed over the course of 5 years this is a collage of absolutely stunning video segments, some time lapsed of natural wonders, disasters, etc. I can't comment on the music (there's no dialog) as I'm deaf but the I couldn't take my eyes off the screen as everything was so beautiful and compelling. This would be awesome to see at Imax but it will definitely give your home theater system a workout.
samsara_poster_large_zps5a0ab94e.jpg

Wow the poster's beautiful.

The ending to Django was shit. The remaining shootout and blowing up the house should have just happened during the first shootout.
Yeah, but that shot of dusty ass Django riding back to Candieland bareback was orrsome. The running truck shot as he blazes past the fire? Across this beat?

The Dark Knight Rises

9.2/10

Bane is the best, a few boring scenes with Bruce Wayne, but overrall it was a superb movie.

Django Unchained- 9/10
Really awesome movie. The acting was really good especially Jackson and Dicaprio. Really enjoyed it and have nothing had to say about it. I actually want to watch it again it was so good.

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

A pretty stupid movie. The action where it could've redeemed itself was overly CGI'd. This movie had some solid actors to, Rufus Sewell, Martin Csokas, Dominic Cooper, Anthony Mackie, friggin M.E.W!

I understand its a ridiculous premise and built on sillyness but at least make the dialogue worth sitting through the sillyness. Villain died like a bitch to which I hate in action movies.

6/10

Last edited:
Sinister 4.5/10 Only sinister thing about this movie is the time wasted sitting through it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back