Discuss and rate the last movie you saw part XI! (Read OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dredd (2012) - 4/6. There really was no story and very little character development, but the pace of the action and the sequences/effects were good. Those motorcycles looked hideous though.

DDawn of the Dead (2004) - 5/10

Too many characters for a zombie film, but it may be the best one I've seen so far.

The best zombie film you've seen only gets a 5/10? Have you seen many? One of my favs is 28 days later and the first resident evil if you haven't seen those yet.

My ex forced me to watch Ted. I give it a 1/10
I could believe a talking teddy bear, but i couldnt believe that Mark Wahlberg couldnt turn a talking teddy bear into serveral million dollars by having him star in a tv show or do speaking engagements across the country or tons of other things. Having them be broke was ridiculous. And then the girlfriend wants him to get rid of a talking teddy bear so he can have a career and make money? Talking teddy bear is a ticket to free money. There was no need for all the gaping plot holes.

I think you might enjoy silly movies more if you ignore things like plot holes and just try to laugh.

Dredd (2012) - 4/6. There really was no story and very little character development, but the pace of the action and the sequences/effects were good. Those motorcycles looked hideous though.

The best zombie film you've seen only gets a 5/10? Have you seen many? One of my favs is 28 days later and the first resident evil if you haven't seen those yet.

I think you might enjoy silly movies more if you ignore things like plot holes and just try to laugh.

Well, Shaun of the Dead would be my number 1 but that's a comedy. 28 days later and 28 weeks later were alright, on par w/ Dawn of the Dead. One watch is enough, not a must see, but if you have time check them out. I view the Resident Evil series as more of an action series than a real horror series, especially the sequels.

Generally I prefer psychological horrors rather than gorefests, that's why zombie films don't tend to do it for me. They all wind up being the same - plot and character wise.

Intouchables 8/10

A good story with some funny moments.

This is 40 8/10

One and done type of movie for me. Not a movie you can watch over and over.

What I hate the most about this movie is that it ruined LOST for me! Assholes.

The Hobbit - [8/10]

idk , but it looked almost to good with all the HD, especially at the beginning of the film.
cant stand Bilbo but the 2. half of the film was pretty entertaining and has some nice LOTR vibe to it.

hard boiled -
i heard this was supposed to be a asian action classic. i thought it was awful. terrible story, horrible writing and acting and the action wasn't even that good to make up for it.
3/10

tumblr_ltsrjca5NW1qd3tso.png

Anyway I just watched 'The Queen of Versailles" on Netflix. Documentary about a dumb ass Time Share mogul and his family who go broke and act like idiots. The guy was a billionaire and didn't even think to save money for his children's college. 7/10

Did someone delete my X-Men: First Class grade? Or was i dream-posting :p

3/10 and no, i'm not trolling. It was childish.

This is 40 8/10

One and done type of movie for me. Not a movie you can watch over and over.

What I hate the most about this movie is that it ruined LOST for me! Assholes.

It's okay. Lost would have ruined Lost for you anyway.

First season was by far the best.

Django Unchained

8/10

The first 1/2 of the movie was vintage Tarantino. The subject matter was heavy and Tarantino did an excellent job of infusing humor in at exactly the right time. I enjoyed the acting from all of the main characters but Walz absolutely killed it again. My issue with the movie was the editing and seemingly wasted aspects of the story. After I saw the movie I read that Tarantino's long time editor had passed away prior to the making of this film and it definitely shows. The 3rd act feels rushed with so many aspects of the story trying to come together all at once. It seemed like there was some significance to a character who is seen for a total of 30 seconds throughout the film but we never find out who she is or what her purpose is.

The cinematography- especially in the scenes filmed on location in Wyoming- was excellent as were the action scenes involving shootouts.

Overall, good experience. Would watch again.

The Hobbit
6/10
Not a bad movie by any means but certainly not on the level of the Lord of the Rings movies. I would not go so far as to say Peter Jackson "George Lucased" these prequels but there are some similarities. Overuse of CGI (blows my mind because the costumes were so good in LOTR), too many absurd, over-the-top roller coaster action pieces, and just lacking any emotional substance what so ever. Freeman was good, as were most of the actors. My biggest fault with the entire film though was that it felt incomplete and more like one big preview for the next movie.

Can't say that I'll be bothered to watch the next two in theaters.

This is 40 - 3/6. The laughs picked up towards the end, but yeah I donno if I would call th is a comedy. It's really a drama with some jokes. Was pleasantly surprised by some boobage.

Seeking a Friend for the End of the World

8/10 , The Movie is not great by any means but I based this rating on how much I actually liked the chemistry between Keira Knightly and Steve Carrell even though alot of moments in the film were too convinient I still liked it.

Crazy Sexy Love

10/10

I really liked this ensemble cast. Carrell and Moore were great as the middle aged couple dealing with marital issues, Ryan Gosling screams charisma and has great chemistry with the always charming Emma Stone.

Dredd -- 7.2/10

really dug the slo-mo visuals. don't think i've ever seen murder and mayhem look so goddamn pretty.

criticisms: the script was a bit flimsy, but the killer soundtrack and pace kept it from floundering. the weakest part for me was Dredd's encounter with the corrupt Judges. they set it up too much like a final boss battle and that took away from his actual encounter with Ma-Ma. the throat bash was cool, but everything else in that sequence was poorly done IMO. and how do you make Olivia Thirlby look so dumpy??? that hair... bleh. and the Judge bikes were laughably ugly.

but overall a pretty good ride that definitely has style.

its a superhero movie,what do you expect,other than childish?:D
True lol

I wasn't expecting much going in tbh. I really like Fassbender & McEvoy so just gave it a shot, due to all the manlove it gets in the Mayb.

I guess the cartoon superhero thing never resonated with me in my youth. I preferred going for a kickabout with my mates on the bottom field.

I do like Bale's Batman though.

Jack Reacher
8/10
Good heist film, except the very abrupt ending/plot

Marley - 7.5/10.

I didn't really know much about Bob Marley leading into the film other than he sang reggae and smoked the ganja mon. Never really knew he had such an impact politically, and globally. Lead a fairly interesting life.

Dredd -- 7.2/10

really dug the slo-mo visuals. don't think i've ever seen murder and mayhem look so goddamn pretty.

criticisms: the script was a bit flimsy, but the killer soundtrack and pace kept it from floundering. the weakest part for me was Dredd's encounter with the corrupt Judges. they set it up too much like a final boss battle and that took away from his actual encounter with Ma-Ma. the throat bash was cool, but everything else in that sequence was poorly done IMO. and how do you make Olivia Thirlby look so dumpy??? that hair... bleh. and the Judge bikes were laughably ugly.

but overall a pretty good ride that definitely has style.

Yeah I gotta say the way
he knew the judges were corrupt was super lame.

there will be blood-
pretty fucking bizarre film but i loved it. DDL and paul dano were both great. i drink your milkshake, lol.

8/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back