Discuss and rate the last movie you saw part XI! (Read OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hangover 2

Seems like most people thought the first one was better, but I liked this a lot more. Visually it was more appealing and I thought it was much more funnier and entertaining.

I was also unpleasantly surprised that this movie pretty much has the exact same plot points as the first movie. The ending was practically a rewording of the script from the previous movie. I know people have talked about this before, but damn, I've never seen a sequel do such a thing.

9/10 regardless. Really fun movie. I'll be seeing part 3 in the theater now.

Safe House: 7/10

Solid action movie. Story is a little predictable and it drags a bit in the second act but over a solid film.

The American: 8.5/10

Even though the story is a bit slow the acting, scenery, and cinematography were so great that I really enjoyed my time with this movie.

New Year's Day: 0/10

Just flat out boring. I don't know why Gary Marshall bothered getting all these people together for this movie when he basically gives them nothing to do. If you have two hours to kill I would recommend starring at a blank wall over this film.

Argo - 8/10

I liked the movie, it was well made, looked good. The suspense was definitely there. However I was well aware of the involvement of the Canadians in this operation, so to see the movie Hollywood-it to the point that the American CIA is basically saying "lets have them take the credit for all the work, but we all know it was us 'Murricans that did everything!"

The downlaying of the Canadian's role was dissappointing but oh well still a good flick.

Lincoln - 7/10

Meh. I'm not that versed in American history, and this movie didn't really help. I was kind of dissappointed in DDL's acting. I'm sure it "captured" Lincoln's character but it wasn't exactly exciting.

The movie was dialogue heavy but since I didn't know what the hell they were talking about, or who they were referring to I just kind of got bored of it all.

The most powerful moments came when Sally Field was on screen. The only time I really felt Lincoln was a powerful president was when he actually took control and raised his voice. Otherwise he just seemed like a weak old pushover spouting out a bunch of stories.

The movie gets style points as it definitely looked good. But this dialogue heavy drama was just too much snooze for me.

the last movie i saw was the artist on netflix a couple of days ago. going into it, i wasn't sure what to expect, but i was pleasantly surprised. i'll say it's one of the best movies i've seen in a while. i'd give it a 9.5/10

Body Double (1984)

4.5/10

Very bizarre film, and at times almost unwatchable. Borrows heavily from Rear Window.

The power drill scene was pretty cool though.

Resident Evil: Retribution

1/10

incoherent mess of a plot. No good scares or gore. No concern for any of the characters or their motivations. Uninspired set pieces and terrible dialog.

I liked the first resident evil movie, but the series has been rapidly declining. The only way they could make a movie worse than this one would be to replace Mila with a fat chick or something.

I wanted to turn this off after 1/2 hour but my wife insisted we sit through it to see what happened and if it could get better or worse. It just maintained a low level of suck throughout. Wasn't even cheesy enough to be funny, just painful.

Django Unchained

9/10

Brilliant movie and probably my favorite film of 2012 sliding passed The Avengers and The Grey. Tarantino at his finest and personally my second favorite movie of his. Pulp Fiction still remaining at the top of the list. Christoph Waltz could quite possibly be one of the finest actors I am a relative new fan of in years. His performance is top notch and he is the reason I loved this film as much as I did. Dicaprio also has an astounding performance. Good action and genuinely awesome dialogue! It loses a point due to length... It could have been trimmed a bit.

Killing Them Softly 8/10 - great all around ... the political undertone of the movie is great...subtly done...pitt, jenkins and ganolfini all put on a great performance

Kauwboy 7/10 - different movie...foreign film ... tale of a young boy dealing with loss and he displays it greatly

Killer Joe-6.5/10.I'm not a matthew maccaha-whatever can't act.He annoyed me through the whole movie.The plot was decent.

total recall-3/10.I just put it on the dvd player and watched bits and pieces but was bored by the blandness and decided to go on sherdog instead.

django unchained --- 6.5 out of 10.

Felt about an hour too long. 3hrs watching the HObbit flew by, 3hrs watching this dragged.

1st half was great then went down hill. acting was great but story just dragged on too long and the ending was kinda...lame.

Samsara 9/10 Filmed over the course of 5 years this is a collage of absolutely stunning video segments, some time lapsed of natural wonders, disasters, etc. I can't comment on the music (there's no dialog) as I'm deaf but the I couldn't take my eyes off the screen as everything was so beautiful and compelling. This would be awesome to see at Imax but it will definitely give your home theater system a workout.
samsara_poster_large_zps5a0ab94e.jpg

Looper 7/10

Was entertaining enough, but definitely not how the trailers made it out to be. JGL definitely coming into his own as an actor. Bruce Willis was a little subdued compared to films past. Didn't bring the star power I am accustomed to.

Story wise. Prerelease I was excited about it. While watching it, it became predictable. When it was over I was already thinking of how differently it could have ended instead of being satisfied with how it did.

Like I said though, it was entertaining enough to warrant a rental. Not a purchase.

Looper 7/10

Was entertaining enough, but definitely not how the trailers made it out to be. JGL definitely coming into his own as an actor. Bruce Willis was a little subdued compared to films past. Didn't bring the star power I am accustomed to.

Story wise. Prerelease I was excited about it. While watching it, it became predictable. When it was over I was already thinking of how differently it could have ended instead of being satisfied with how it did.

Like I said though, it was entertaining enough to warrant a rental. Not a purchase.

I'd give it an 8/10.

I agree that JGL put on a top notch performance. He was able to act out small details that you could recognize Willis in. That's about where the similarities end though. One of my favourite aspects of the movie was that the trailer didn't reveal too much about itself. I enjoyed the way they played the story out, and was more than satisfied with the ending. To each their own though.

Samsara 9/10 Filmed over the course of 5 years this is a collage of absolutely stunning video segments, some time lapsed of natural wonders, disasters, etc. I can't comment on the music (there's no dialog) as I'm deaf but the I couldn't take my eyes off the screen as everything was so beautiful and compelling. This would be awesome to see at Imax but it will definitely give your home theater system a workout.
samsara_poster_large_zps5a0ab94e.jpg

These are like the biggest cop-out films ever.
Anyone with enough money and patience can make one.

Sure, they look great, but they're not anything special.

wait, you're deaf?
You should make an "ask a deaf guy anything" thread.

Why do people like Dredd so much? I thought it was a mindless action flick with overdone slowmoe scenes.

Never thought it was anything special in any way, maybe I'm just the kind of guy who appreciates a good story. Most of my favorite movies are Dramas.

But still to give Dredd a rating like 8 or 8.5 how ? It's nowhere near the level of action flick like say Taken 1.

Death Race 6/10

thought this movie was going to suck cause of Tyrese but it was decent, although the ending was lame.

Judge Dredd 1995 1/10

This movie sucks. Stallone was a horrible choice. Adding Rob Schneider for comic relief was fucking stupid. Action sucked. Garbage movie.

It made me really like how the new Dredd just kept Judge Dredd anonymous cause in this one, they were milking the fact that it was Stallone. Awful.

Why do people like Dredd so much? I thought it was a mindless action flick with overdone slowmoe scenes.

Never thought it was anything special in any way, maybe I'm just the kind of guy who appreciates a good story. Most of my favorite movies are Dramas.

But still to give Dredd a rating like 8 or 8.5 how ? It's nowhere near the level of action flick like say Taken 1.

i think people accepted it for what it is: an action flick with little story. I liked the slow mo scenes and I watched it in 2d. I'd say Taken is equally as shallow a movie and I prefer Dredds special fx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back