Discuss and rate the last movie you saw part XI! (Read OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
the last movie i saw was so horrible it pisses me off even thinking about it. i'll give it a -9/10, stupid chick flick that my gf was told that was funny buy her friend.

Abduction, 7.5/10.

decent action throughout, acting was ok. fight scenes were pretty good, there was even a part where the main guy manages to get a triangle choke on one of the bad guys.

The Hobbit!

8.5/10

I love LOTR so I was quite weary about watching the Hobbit. Would Peter Jackson be successful once again? Would it be more childish as the Bilbo is more oriented towards children.

I was not disappointed, it was beautiful made and quite funny with good acting from "Gandalf". All in all, a nice movie.

Looper - 9/10

A great sci-fi movie. Visuals were great. JGL did such a good job of mimicking Bruce Willis' mannerisms. Especially in his scene with Jeff Daniels. It was eerie really. Kind of confusing at times, but about 50% of the way through I figured out what was going on! Also Emily Blunt in a nightie...

Dredd - 8/10

Stunning visuals, short and quick action shoot em up. I have no knowledge of the old comic book or the previous movie so I went into this movie blind, but I loved it. The violence was a tolerable level. I liked that the movie wasn't like two people trying to end ALL corruption and violence in this apocalyptic world, but instead just another day in the office for them.

BRAVE - 9/10

Pixar knocks it out of the park again. They created a great world, lots of laughs, great characters, sweet at the same time. My only quarrels with this film are that its plot was very basic, like I've seen it all too many times before. The movie also had a bizarrely short runtime for a pixar movie. I felt like there was so much more they could've done. Regardless the movie was still great

So odd, Pixar's Brave is the least talked about release I've seen from them.
I remember absolutely no promotion or hype behind that film.

Anywho, just saw Elizabeth and the sequel.
Both great. And if you watch them back-to-back, you'll get a sense of the evolution of film. They are shot so differently.
9/10 for the first. 8/10 for the second.

This is 40 - 7.5/10

So I'm a huge fan of Paul Rudd and Knocked Up, so I had to see this movie. Overall, I really liked it. It was sort of depressing at parts, but it had a lot of good, funny moments as well. Tbh, the two daughters are my favorite part. Oh, and you get to see Leslie Mann's tits. It wasn't as funny as Knocked Up by any means, but definitely something worth checking out.

They were CGI'd. Weird, huh?

Safe with Jason Statham. 5.5/10 only good thing about it was some of the action, for the rest it was clich

My GF got me to watch S Darko the other night.

1/10

Poor acting, i didnt care for any of the characters, the effects were shitty and the movie lacked all the creativity and humour of Donnie Darko.

I refuse to put this movie in the same timeline as the original so there's no way in hell im calling it a sequel.

machete 10/10

very entertaining movie. almost like a Mexican version of sonny chibas 'street fighter in some regards.

Looking forward to the sequels.

the last movie i saw was so horrible it pisses me off even thinking about it. i'll give it a -9/10, stupid chick flick that my gf was told that was funny buy her friend.

What was the movie called if you can remember?

Dredd - 8/10

I thought this movie was going to be shit but it ended up being the shit.
American version of The Raid, Jugde Dredd style. Basic straight forward plot, very little dialogue, no backstory and no fucking around. Just action. Loved it.

It's a shame this movie bomb really bad, killing any hope of sequels. I wish they could conitnuesly pump these out like Resident Evil or Underworld movies (two series in which I could care less about). But they won't :icon_sad:

Question
did the psych girl Anderson quit? or did she continue to be a Judge?

Yeah I gotta say the way
he knew the judges were corrupt was super lame.

he knew because

him and Anderson both called it in (1024) but the corrupt Judge only responded to him. Still kinda lame, I know but hey they had to move on :icon_lol:

Django Unchained
6/10

Rarely funny, neither clever nor smart.

Even Calvin Candie can help but question the why these two didn't just ask to buy Django's wife. And instead of just shaking hands and walking out when given the chance they decide to engage in a gun fight they can't win.

Just a weak effort from QT. Foxx and DiCaprio have good performances but Waltz seems completely miscast here. He is a fine actor but I just didn't buy him in this. And the movie was at least 1/2 hour too long.

Dredd - 8/10

I thought this movie was going to be shit but it ended up being the shit.
American version of The Raid, Jugde Dredd style. Basic straight forward plot, very little dialogue, no backstory and no fucking around. Just action. Loved it.

It's a shame this movie bomb really bad, killing any hope of sequels. I wish they could conitnuesly pump these out like Resident Evil or Underworld movies (two series in which I could care less about). But they won't :icon_sad:

Question
did the psych girl Anderson quit? or did she continue to be a Judge?

well it's not shown, but i assume she continued to be a judge. she handed in the badge because she knew she technically did things that would be an automatic fail. and yea i knew how he kenw they were corrupt, i was just saying that was super lame lol.

Cloud Atlas - 6/10

really could have been good but was too all over the place. loved the music though.

Doona-Bae-wenn4143198.jpg

she was great.

The Game
7 out of 10
Excellent first 40 minutes, Douglas' character definitely reminded me of Patrick Bateman in some ways. Then it got a bit too crazy and not to say predictable, but it felt cliche once certain plot points were revealed. The ending wasn't satisfying to me, but it was a solid film overall. Entertaining despite its flaws and I would recommend watching it on a rainy day.

Lincoln
7 out of 10

Brilliant acting by a great cast, but I thought the overall pacing of the movie was poor. My friend is a history buff so he filled me in on the significance of Lincoln's stories and his family issues. From a purely general audience perspective though, the movie could have solely focused on the trial and Lincoln's influence over its results. For me, that was by far the best part of the film. Enjoyable, but I wouldn't recommend this to anyone looking for a riveting biopic.

Taken 2
6 out of 10

I'll have to watch the original again, but I felt like this one had way too many quick shots. A lot of the cuts during the action pieces had me confused as to what was the actually going on. I loved the scenes involving Liam figuring out where he was, but the inclusion of the daughter was... meh. Enjoyable, but nowhere near as bad ass as the original.

Skyfall
7 out of 10

I'm not a big Bond fan, but this movie got goooood when Javier Bardem showed up. He was a bad ass and I do wish Bond would have died, because Silva is that damn good. Part of the intrigue with this movie was the fact that Bond had to become himself again and we got to witness that journey. It was entertaining, but I say the first half of the film drags its score down a bit.

Abduction, 7.5/10.

decent action throughout, acting was ok. fight scenes were pretty good, there was even a part where the main guy manages to get a triangle choke on one of the bad guys.

lily-collins-sexy%2Bhot%2Breal%2Bface-4190.jpg

The only thing I liked about the movie was her.

She's 23, isn't she a bit old for you?

and yeah, she would get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back