Discuss and rate the last movie you saw part XI! (Read OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

honestly everyone tends to hit on the same things for picking apart the movie and while i appreciate that there is a lot to find annoying, i still cant help but watch it and think of it as a damn entertaining movie that is better than pretty much 95 percent of the comic book films out there to date and better than a lot of summer blockbuster films too.

Django Unchained- 8.5 or 9/10 for me.

honestly everyone tends to hit on the same things for picking apart the movie and while i appreciate that there is a lot to find annoying, i still cant help but watch it and think of it as a damn entertaining movie that is better than pretty much 95 percent of the comic book films out there to date and better than a lot of summer blockbuster films too.

disagree. it sucks and is stupid. but that's just my opinion.

movies_liberal_arts_poster.jpg

Saw this film on my flight to Hawaii. Yes my girl Lizzie is in it. :p

7/10

Life of Pi, saw it in the cinema today in 3D, final showing I believe. Great movie - 9/10.

It starts off a little slow and it goes quickly into religion which kind of turned me off but then it started building up nicely and then on the boat, the special effects were amazing. For a survival type film, with what they had to work with, they did a superb job. And the acting was brilliant as well. Definitely have a look if you can.

Pitch Perfect 5/10 Didn't hate it, even chuckled a few times. Would not recommend
Total Recall ('12) 6/10 The action was good. The story....yeahhhh If not for Kate Beck looking all sorts of hot would have given it a 5.
Looper 7/10 I liked the story. Emily Blunt is one of my favorites. So classy.

lol agree to disagree, man. what was your opinion on Dark Knight and Batman Begins.

i like Dark Knight best out of all three. but i generally dislike all three. i'm pretty biased because i loved Burton's first take on the Bat. for me, Nolan's Batman/Wayne is nothing more than a whiny bitch with laryngitis.

Zero Dark Thirty 10/10. Great fucking movie. You wont believe its almost 3 hrs long that movie flies by!!!!!!!!!

Django Unchained.

9/10.

Just came back from seeing it. Awesome. Was 100% entertained the whole time. Tarantino does it again :cool:.

Dredd 6.5/10
Was ok. Doesn't have any repeat viewing value but I'd watch a sequel.

The day 5.5/10
Night of the living dead without zombies.

lol agree to disagree, man. what was your opinion on Dark Knight and Batman Begins.

I loved the dark knight, liked batman begins, and hated the shit out of batman rises. i think that movie might kill the franchise for me

Hitchcock - 9/10

I don't know why but I thought this movie was great. It isn't exactly some life changing story or anything. Its just a cool little insight into the behind the scenes of the making of the movie 'Psycho.'

It left me wanting to know more about Hitchcock and his films. as the only films I've seen by him are Strangers on a Train and Rear Window.

My biggest gripe with this movie is the makeup/prosthetics on Anthony Hopkins to make him look like Hitchcock were not textured right. It was like the top half of his face was 80 years old, and the bottom half was 50 years old. The complexion didn't match, like a jaundice yellow color. and it distracted me every time there was a closeup

The Edge - 10/10

Anthony Hopkins. Alec Baldwin. Alaskan Wilderness. Survival movie. Kodiak Bear. Attempted murder. Anthony Hopkins saying motherfucker. Pretty much no way this movie does any wrong by me.

Django Unchained - Hovered between 7 and 8 out of 10 for most of the movie, imo.

*Excellent use of music and very nice selections. Has a good western feel (I know it's in the south, but I'm talking about movie genre type. It's a western style movie shot in the south.)

*I was entertained the entire time. Definitely got my $10 worth

*Character development for most characters was a little lacking, besides Django's mentor (compared to most Tarantino flicks). Django seems just like/no different than Jaime Fox, a guy who squints a lot and is permanently generic-pissed with a squint for every scene. Plus we learn very little about him, just the basics.

*Suspenseful but I was too able to predict every outcome to 97% accuracy or greater, so that could have been better

*Samuel Jackson's character was freakin awesome.

*I'm not sure if I would see again. Probably not, because nothing stuck out that I'd want to re-see (nothing you'd miss the first time).

*Overall, it was on par with Inglorious Basterds, but IB was a notch or two more clever and well developed. Still better than nearly every other movie out in the last year or two

downfall.jpg

downfall -

about the last days of hitler and the german command as the russians take over berlin. inspiration for thousands of hitler rant videos.

absolutely amazing film. interesting, tense, atmospheric, moving. superb performances all round.

9.8/10

Texas Chainsaw 3D

Doesn't even deserve a full length review.

Half baked, half wit, half assed piece of garbage that offers very little in the entertainment department and most importantly in the scares department.

2/10

django - 7/10, ruined it after tacking a whole 2nd ending on. should have rolled the credits then put the last half hour on at the end

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back