Discuss and rate the last movie you saw part XI! (Read OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rurouni Kenshin (2012) - 2/6.

I watched about 4 eps of the anime before watching the movie. Didn't really like either. The movie had a pretty shallow story and not particularly good acting. I think the subtitles I used were fan-written and were a little fucked up. The movie has good sword fighting action though, but the best part of the movie can be seen in the trailer (when kenshin does that thing running in a circle on the ground.) The action isn't good enough to make this worth watching though.

Pitch Perfect

Lately I've been hooked on musical movies, not really musicals but I liked those too, and I liked this flick. I liked the music numbers , the comedic timing and I fucking love Anna Kendrick, and it helped that she had good chemistry with the male lead played by Skylar Astin, who himself has good screen presence , like an 80s movie teen movie nice guy that you root for rather than a 2000s douche bag

9/10

10 Years - 4/6.

I've yet to attend a formal high school reunion, but the movie takes you through all the emotions I imagine one would have. I wouldn't really call the movie a comedy. It's a little depressing and I'm sure will stir some shit up inside you, but it's aight.

Red Dawn
9/10
Great acting and action, fantastic American feel good film. Not on my must see list, but something patriots of this nation should check out. Never saw the original, but they did a great job updating the film for today's audiences. I lol'd at the Canadians complaining aboot this film

The Hobbit
5/10
Too many jokes, and they weren't funny. Thought it would be like Lord of the Rings, when it was just an over glorified hype. I almost fell asleep in it.

The Hobbit - 8.5/10

Found this movie superior to that of all the LOTR movies. As a whole it was structured better with a higher refined script that came across the screen.

Ill Manors - 9/10 - Very Good.

Plan B's first directorial movie and my God, what a beauty. Relatively unknown cast but very talented. The plot, storyline, all spot on. His next movie will be hard to top this regardless what he has in mind, but who knows?

Hobbit
Balls I see a toy line, to slow and cutesy. Fuck the new trilogy.

Seeking a Friend for the End of the World

8/10 , The Movie is not great by any means but I based this rating on how much I actually liked the chemistry between Keira Knightly and Steve Carrell even though alot of moments in the film were too convinient I still liked it.

Crazy Sexy Love

10/10

I really liked this ensemble cast. Carrell and Moore were great as the middle aged couple dealing with marital issues, Ryan Gosling screams charisma and has great chemistry with the always charming Emma Stone.

I saw these two movies recently because I'm a huge fan of Carell but just couldn't pick myself up to like either one of the movies that much. They both dragged and had many boring scenes. Carrell's new cinematic work has really hit a downslide for me. He's far to laid back and isn't anywhere near as funny as he was in Date Night, 40 Year Old Virgin and Dinner for Schmucks.

I would say Crazy, Stupid, Love was better than Seeking a Friend for the End of the World though but not by much. His recent Hope Springs doesn't look promising either, I may give it a miss.

Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 2

10/10

This movie was tight, great acting by an all star cast of Taylor Lautner, Robert Pattinson and of course an extremely emotional performance from america's new sweetheart K-Stew. Amazing story telling bro's, original concept and great wit.

Honestly the best film of 2012

I saw these two movies recently because I'm a huge fan of Carell but just couldn't pick myself up to like either one of the movies that much. They both dragged and had many boring scenes. Carrell's new cinematic work has really hit a downslide for me. He's far to laid back and isn't anywhere near as funny as he was in Date Night, 40 Year Old Virgin and Dinner for Schmucks.

I would say Crazy, Stupid, Love was better than Seeking a Friend for the End of the World though but not by much. His recent Hope Springs doesn't look promising either, I may give it a miss.

Well we should agree to disagree because I actually like the restraint he showed in both movies. In seeking a friend , I thought he just played a man who was good at heart but with recent events being far more important he feels defeated and doesn't feel like fighting until he runs into Knightly's character and finds a shot at love right before the end. In Crazy sexy love , sort of the same character, but I thought he just fit in well as the slight lead to a solid ensemble

Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 2

10/10

This movie was tight, great acting by an all star cast of Taylor Lautner, Robert Pattinson and of course an extremely emotional performance from america's new sweetheart K-Stew. Amazing story telling bro's, original concept and great wit.

Honestly the best film of 2012

lol I see what you did there

Definitely, Maybe (2008) - 8/10

I hate that I liked this movie so much. Ryan Reynolds was his self so nothing too groundbreaking there. But the story was solid for a romance. Kind of like a condensed good version of How I Met Your Mother. Weird how much older Abigail Breslin got in a year from this movie to Zombieland. Puberty hit that kid like a truck.

God Isla Fisher is so frickin' adorable in this movie to. Couldn't stop yelling at Ryan Reynolds' character because no one in their right mind would not realize how great she is

The Campaign - 7/10

Not the greatest comedy I've seen this year, but had some seriously funny moments. The movie just lacked those hilarious lines that make Will Ferrell movies great. Zach G was funny but his character was just such a weirdo.

Dylan McDermott and Jason Sudeikis were hilarious in this as the campaign managers

Definitely, Maybe (2008) - 8/10

God Isla Fisher is so frickin' adorable in this movie to. Couldn't stop yelling at Ryan Reynolds' character because no one in their right mind would not realize how great she is

s

Couldn't agree with you more on this, loved her in it

arbitrage-movie-poster.jpg

Great performances from all the lead actors. I would definitely watch this again.

9/10

Bourne Legacy - First 30 minutes of the movie were boring as hell and confusing. Once you get past that point it gets interesting and the pacing improves considerably. Edward Norton seems miscasted in this role. Overall good film I would recommend for Bourne fans. 7/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back