• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Did Fury vs Usyk lose luster for you?

He lost to AJ. That, to me, suggests he can't beat the best HWs.
Then again, I posted here multiple times that I really wanted Francis to stay composed and survive Fury. Or blitz and give his all in the first. Never considered he could actually outbox and win.
Ruiz is a tank, but a very short tank. Too fat, which hinders movement. Well, as long as they all face each other, I'm satisfied.

Usyk beat AJ by split decision with the 2 Usyk judges giving him 4-5 rounds. Should we really hold that against him?

No ones denying Ruiz is fat.

Usyk beat AJ by split decision with the 2 Usyk judges giving him 4-5 rounds. Should we really hold that against him?

No ones denying Ruiz is fat.
I meant Ruiz... And I watched the rematch, ofc.
I don't care much, just want all of them to be as active as possible. Today was surprisingly beautiful, as we've had kind of often in the recent past.

Just goes to show how the alphabet belt system really effects how we view these fighters. It really forces us to speculate about shit that should be decided in the ring.

I like Wallin btw think he's underrated af.

In terms of AJ I know we were all inclined to think he was overrated. But do we really expect Fury or Wilder to do better after tonight? Everyone shit on AJ for struggling to Ruiz but could Ruiz be in the mix too? After he came to the AJ rematch wildly out of shape and lost no ones given Ruiz a second thought.

Ruiz is in the mix but he isn't what he looked against AJ at the MSG. Skinny Arreola dropped him a couple of times. And he couldn't put old Ortiz away in his last fight. Wallin is in the mix as he beat Gassiev last fight. But Wallin as good as he is isn't champion material IMHO.

If you want a name that has made a boom recently it's a big chinese dude in Zhang Zhilei. Southpaw, can box and has power. KO'd Joyce twice and arguably beat Hrgovic.

From the prospects, best talent right now is on paper Bakhodir Jalolov. As tall as Fury, but more athletic, a southpaw, with likely more power and a better amateur pedigree.

Fury needs to lose about 80 pounds before he fights Uysk.

lol at wilder

I know you guys hate Wilder for being a basketball guy who went to boxing since his two jobs didnt earn him enough money which he needed for his wife and daughter with life threatening spina bifida ... but hes legit as fuck and the most unique puncher ive ever seen.

Yall just mad basketball haters.

it was a mistake taking this fight if he was going to fight usyk .. hindsight is 20/20 of course .. everyone thought this was gonna be a light sparring session .. but he looks like he took some good shots on top of a knock down .. it was the worst case scenario apart from outright losing ... he can't be ready in 2 months for that battle

Nah I still wanna see it because the winner will be the first undisputed HW champ in a long ass time.
But the Ngannou fight must have Usyk licking his chops. Fury might not be such a big favorite now

I'd still like to see it. Style makes fights. I think Fury has more problems with big punchers.

fury can right the ship .. beat usyk then KO ngannou in a rematch .. I'm confident he stops ng in a rematch ... this was not proper tyson fury tonight .. someone said he also had that 'i don't wanna be here' look when he arrived at the place .. something was wrong with mentally ... also fat sloppy looking .. no way he trained 12 weeks for this .. ridiculous ..

the problem with fury is that he just cannot stay focused .. he comes in one fight looking sharp and ready for battle(wilder 2) then look how he came in for wilder 3 .. granted I believe that had to do with his newborn being in the hospital .. but it happened again tonight .. he always plays down to his competition but it bit him in the ass tonight .. ala wilder cherrypicking fury .. but this is 100 times worse because he got clowned by a nonpro smh

fury can right the ship .. beat usyk then KO ngannou in a rematch .. I'm confident he stops ng in a rematch ... this was not proper tyson fury tonight .. someone said he also had that 'i don't wanna be here' look when he arrived at the place .. something was wrong with mentally ... also fat sloppy looking .. no way he trained 12 weeks for this .. ridiculous

Come on stop with this. Fury claimed he ready for something like 20 plus rounds or more and said he was taking this fight very seriously. This is not the first time Fury hasn't looked great in his fights. It's easy to look good against a washed Chisora.

I think he was shook after the knockdown and fought scared after. Maybe a wake up call. Fury is not this invincible beast that fans make him out to be.

I just watched the highlights on YouTube - and aside from being embarrassingly out of shape, is there any chance that Fury was coked up? He was rubbing his nose quite a bit in there.

He was acting weird prior to the fight anyway, so it wouldn't surprise me.

Not taking anything away from Ngannou... he was much better than I expected him to be and was one punch away from generating boxing's "Miracle on ice" moment.

Come on stop with this. Fury claimed he ready for something like 20 plus rounds or more and said he was taking this fight very seriously. This is not the first time Fury hasn't looked great in his fights. It's easy to look good against a washed Chisora.

I think he was shook after the knockdown and fought scared after. Maybe a wake up call. Fury is not this invincible beast that fans make him out to be.

yeah he was wary after the knockdown but I'm not convinced he trained properly for 12 weeks .. the way he looks tells a different story .. again all that speaks to him not taking ng seriously .. his face looked fat .. which is an obvious tell ... he was in shape for wilder 2 ..

he's notorious for playing down to his competition .. he thought no way does this nonpro have anything for me .. probably thought he'd toy with him .. never take anyone too lightly .. especially in boxing where you can be put out cold in a matter of seconds .. and on top of all this, no one is talking about his demeanor pre fight .. again he looked serious and like he didn't want to be there .. totally out of character .. something was off

No way, the fight is intriguing as ever to me. Now both guys are coming off lackluster performances so there's even more intangibles that I want to see play out.

no it didnt lose luster i just dont think it will happen this year, Fury is too out of shape to be ready for Usyk by December

if it does happen this year Usyk will box circles around Fury

Back