• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Did Fury vs Usyk lose luster for you?

It has crossed my mind that perhaps Usyk and AJ fights were the worlds 2 best HWs and Fury and Wilder weren't quite on that level. Not saying that's true but it's crossed my mind.

ima repeat myself: Usyk and Wilder are the only legit guys the modern era has produced.

it sucks that combat sports just becomes worse and worse due multiple reasons but it will take some decades .... so enjoiy it as long as you can :D

Not all combat sports are getting worse and worse, mostly just boxing.

Not all combat sports are getting worse and worse, mostly just boxing.

my man maybe you are old but it doesnt really change the fact that "esports" (video games), soccer and parents being scared of CTE will change many things when it comes to combat sports.

It takes some decades so enjoy it as long as you can :)

Why would it lose luster? You have two undefeated HWs trying to unify.

It has crossed my mind that perhaps Usyk and AJ fights were the worlds 2 best HWs and Fury and Wilder weren't quite on that level. Not saying that's true but it's crossed my mind.

It's normal to cross your mind with that thought because Fury and Wilder have been very protected for a decade. Wilder only fought one good opponent his entire career, a 40 year old Luis Ortiz who wasn't that much proven himself btw and OLD. And Fury spent a decade fighting Pianeta, Seferi, Schwarz, Wallin (whom he didn't expect to be that good btw), whyte and for the third time just a little bit out of his prime del boy chisora. With a different ref he would likely have a KO loss from one dimensional Wilder. But hey it was nice for casuals to see him as the second coming of Ali because he could dodge four punches in a row from Tom fookin Schwarz. Joshua is robotic and a fake gold medalist but at least comes in shape and is serious about the sport. Usyk is the only legit great HW in this era.

Bro just got beat up by a 36 year old making his pro debut, needed to get bailed out by corrupt judges.

I'll probably watch it drunk if nothing else is on, but its far from something I have marked on my calendar

You know its sad when video game nerds are in better shape than 9/10 combat athletes and they would get kicked out of the team for a shiti perfomance (for whatever reasons) in a video game tournament.

<36>
You're talking to one of the current Champions of Fight Night Champion. I have the North American Title right now. 8x Champion. 2x World Champ, 5x North American Champion, 1x USA Champion.

I dominated a kid who was 96-30. Next fight I defended my title against some kid who was 68-110.
Almost lost my title and barely won.
Why because I saw his shit record and had faced him before and KOd him in like 3 rounds the last time. This time he came to fight and almost beat me since I thought I would just walk through him.
That's what happened to Fury.

Fury will duck Usyk until the cows come home.

Francis will have the balls to step up to the plate and most likely make it a more fun fight than Tyson would anyway.

Enough with this fraud getting a shot at Usyk. Let's move on from that I don't want to see it anymore.

Yet AJ got bodies by Ruiz...
Usyks last bout wasn't his greatest, let's say

That's boxing in a nutshell. They hyped up Rollie vs Tank but in his next fight Rollie got pieced up by an 80 year old man and the ref jumped in as soon as Rollie landed a clean punch to stop it early and save him from the embarassment because Rollie was supposed to win.

Boxing is a business not a sport. Fury only took this fight because he thought it would be easier than fighting Usyk but he got fucked up and the fraud "sport" that is modern boxing got exposed once again.

Fuck boxing man, wake me up when people actually want to fight each other.

It's normal to cross your mind with that thought because Fury and Wilder have been very protected for a decade. Wilder only fought one good opponent his entire career, a 40 year old Luis Ortiz who wasn't that much proven himself btw and OLD. And Fury spent a decade fighting Pianeta, Seferi, Schwarz, Wallin (whom he didn't expect to be that good btw), whyte and for the third time just a little bit out of his prime del boy chisora. With a different ref he would likely have a KO loss from one dimensional Wilder. But hey it was nice for casuals to see him as the second coming of Ali because he could dodge four punches in a row from Tom fookin Schwarz. Joshua is robotic and a fake gold medalist but at least comes in shape and is serious about the sport. Usyk is the only legit great HW in this era.

Just goes to show how the alphabet belt system really effects how we view these fighters. It really forces us to speculate about shit that should be decided in the ring.

I like Wallin btw think he's underrated af.

In terms of AJ I know we were all inclined to think he was overrated. But do we really expect Fury or Wilder to do better after tonight? Everyone shit on AJ for struggling to Ruiz but could Ruiz be in the mix too? After he came to the AJ rematch wildly out of shape and lost no ones given Ruiz a second thought.

and Ruiz destroyed Ortiz. Who took Wilder to hell and back..who slept Fury but was saved by corrupt reffing. Also Fury just got pieced up by an MMA fighter.....

Makes you wonder just how much shit we've been wrong about because the best fight so seldomly.

I'm still interested but for the causal 100 percent it has. Fury arguably lost to a fighter making is debut. He made the whole division look bad, if the Usyk fight wasn't already agreed the judges might have scored it for Francis.

This fight we just saw will always be referenced when discussing how good or bad this generation of heavyweights is.

Just goes to show how the alphabet belt system really effects how we view these fighters. It really forces us to speculate about shit that should be decided in the ring.

I like Wallin btw think he's underrated af.

In terms of AJ I know we were all inclined to think he was overrated. But do we really expect Fury or Wilder to do better after tonight? Everyone shit on AJ for struggling to Ruiz but could Ruiz be in the mix too? After he came to the AJ rematch wildly out of shape and lost no ones given Ruiz a second thought.
Boxing has become a game of marketing. Instead of fighting each other they tell us who we should believe will win and then call it a day and pad their record against bums. When it comes time to actually fighting each other it's an entirely different story. AJ was supposed to be able to tear Usyk apart and Ngannou was supposed to be an easy warm up match for Fury. Now that the fights actually happened look who came out on top.

Yet AJ got bodies by Ruiz...
Usyks last bout wasn't his greatest, let's say

Whose to say Ruiz isn't the best obese HW not Tyson? I mean besides losing the rematch to AJ he was out of shape(even by his standards)what has Ruiz done to suggest he can't beat the best HWs?

and Ruiz destroyed Ortiz. Who took Wilder to hell and back..who slept Fury but was saved by corrupt reffing. Also Fury just got pieced up by an MMA fighter.....
Yes, we agreed on everything, actually.
That's why I said Ngannou vs Usyk next. Fuck Fury.
Hopefully AJ won't duck Wilder. And Ruiz can duck the buffet for a bit.

Whose to say Ruiz isn't the best obese HW not Tyson? I mean besides losing the rematch to AJ he was out of shape(even by his standards)what has Ruiz done to suggest he can't beat the best HWs?
He lost to AJ. That, to me, suggests he can't beat the best HWs.
Then again, I posted here multiple times that I really wanted Francis to stay composed and survive Fury. Or blitz and give his all in the first. Never considered he could actually outbox and win.
Ruiz is a tank, but a very short tank. Too fat, which hinders movement. Well, as long as they all face each other, I'm satisfied.

That fight ain't happening in December.

Back