Deontay wilder vs Anthony joshua

AJ was seen as better than Ortiz, absolutely no doubt.
And AJ was seen as much more dangerous than Fury who they thought was just a fat bum. AJ has a KO punch, Fury presents no such danger and had come off two very underwhelming wins in his comeback. They saw Fury as a soft touch, they were proved wrong.
So yes I do think they were ducking AJ hard.
This was all before the Ruiz fight. If AJ struggles with Ruiz but wins then I'm sure we'll see Wilder get in the ring with AJ.
Fury is a better boxer than AJ but then he's a better boxer than Wilder as he proved. BUT he has no power whilst AJ and Wilder are the two heaviest hitting HW's in the sport.
No I think Ortiz is level below Ruiz and Joshua. Only Wilder fans rate him highly but he has no great wins on his record to show that.
I think Wilder would be favoured NOW after AJ has bad lost but I don't think he was favoured before.
I bet if AJ takes out Ruiz in good form then Wilder will continue to duck AJ.
I was getting at the end part of your post. Not what some people thought before hand. But what we know after the results... That's the truth and the facts. That after the dust settled Wilder is the clear favorite in the Joshua matchup. Joshua is in no way more intimidating or as dangerous of a fight than a Fury rematch. Wilder stands a better chance beating the vulnerable Joshua than he does in Fury. Fury can rise from Wilder's big shots and still fight. Joshua can not.

Ortiz due to age and being severely hurt by Wilder twice may not be the same. So it's not outlandish to put Joshua Ruiz, Parker or White slightly ahead of Ortiz. I dont agree, but it's not crazy talk. Some logic there. But I think Ortiz can still beat and have great odds against any of those guys. So since it's so debatable I'm putting them all at the same level atm....With Fury and Wilder being the clear best 2 in the division and the only undefeated ones of the bunch.
Oh and plenty of Wilder haters had Ortiz rated very highly as they picked him to destroy the "frail too skinny sloppy windmill non boxer" easy. Many people on here had Ortiz picked in the 1st fight.
Then when Wilder destroyed him and ate his best stuff all of a sudden the narrative towards Ortiz shifted drastically.

if AJ wins on Saturday (and its a big if) what is Wilder going to do when AJ calls him out?? It will be back to how it was before the Ruiz match one guy with 75% of the HW titles calling out the guy with the other. Lets see if wilder continues to make excuses not to unify like he has done his whole career (and I am not just talking about vs AJ)

And if Ruiz wins again lets see if wilder wants that smoke

Wilder could have a much better legacy if he hadn't avoided Wlad, Parker and the no1 contender for his belt Whyte.

I believe he only thought Fury because his team (not necessarily him) thought it would be a walk in the park given the ring rust and showings on his comeback fight.

And why he turned down the 100m I don't know I don't get why he is happy fighting for such small pay days when AJ gets a minimum $85m for his Ruiz rematch

if AJ wins on Saturday (and its a big if) what is Wilder going to do when AJ calls him out?? It will be back to how it was before the Ruiz match one guy with 75% of the HW titles calling out the guy with the other. Lets see if wilder continues to make excuses not to unify like he has done his whole career (and I am not just talking about vs AJ)

And if Ruiz wins again lets see if wilder wants that smoke

You think Wilder chased Ortiz and Fury, but was scared of other title holders Parker and the mighty Charles Martin?

Surely it's more a case that Joshua/Hearn/sky/90k at wembley can offer more money to parker/wlad and prince charles martin.

If you were faced with the prospect of facing wilder and getting knocked out and losing your title for 1million or facing AJ and getting knocked out and losing your title for 6- 10million as was the case in 2016-2018, why would any of these other belt holders face wilder?

And what's this 85m, what is it with AJ fans and their alice in wonderland figures

You think Wilder chased Ortiz and Fury, but was scared of other title holders Parker and the mighty Charles Martin?

Surely it's more a case that Joshua/Hearn/sky/90k at wembley can offer more money to parker/wlad and prince charles martin.

If you were faced with the prospect of facing wilder and getting knocked out and losing your title for 1million or facing AJ and getting knocked out and losing your title for 6- 10million as was the case in 2016-2018, why would any of these other belt holders face wilder?

And what's this 85m, what is it with AJ fans and their alice in wonderland figures
Bottom line is that wilder has done nothing to try and unify the belts and AJ has taking tough fights early in his career. I am not saying one is better than the other, I am boxing fan not an AJ or Wilder or Fury fan. For people to say X is the best they need to fight the others simple as that and I seems to me wilders people want to take as little risk as possible.

The USD85m is AJ share of the Ruiz rematch its widely reported so not alice in wonderland figures.

Bottom line is that wilder has done nothing to try and unify the belts and AJ has taking tough fights early in his career. I am not saying one is better than the other, I am boxing fan not an AJ or Wilder or Fury fan. For people to say X is the best they need to fight the others simple as that and I seems to me wilders people want to take as little risk as possible.

The USD85m is AJ share of the Ruiz rematch its widely reported so not alice in wonderland figures.

Wilders team have always taken the path of least resistance and will continue to do so.
Look who he’s defended against! he accepted the Joshua fight then chased fury based on his comeback fight. Did anyone really think it was a harder fight based on how fury looked? Of course not
He re ran Ortiz because he thinks his name still has value. Though he’s a fighter in his 40s that doesn’t have 1 good name on his record. It only placates wilder fans. And in over 40 fights wilder has still only 1 good name that he’s beaten

Same fans are trying to justify it and saying he takes more risks than Joshua did when he was winning other belts. It’s laughable fckin nonsense everyone knows it apart from biased or thick fans

I don't understand the rhetoric here. Wilder ducked him? WTF...smdh. It's the exact opposite. Wilder was trying for years to get Joshua to agree to fight him, and Joshua and his managers were fucking too chicken shit, as they were raking in monster payouts just fighting at Wembley stadium against opponents they knew they would most likely win. Wilder fought Fury, because that team didn't really look to get into fake negotiating. There is a few interviews where Fury and his team discuss how fair Wilder was and they pretty much accepted the first deal that was sent their way.

So fighting at a sold out Wembley, or fighting in small American states , with half filled arenas? Hmmmm, let me think what id do.

I was getting at the end part of your post. Not what some people thought before hand. But what we know after the results... That's the truth and the facts. That after the dust settled Wilder is the clear favorite in the Joshua matchup. Joshua is in no way more intimidating or as dangerous of a fight than a Fury rematch. Wilder stands a better chance beating the vulnerable Joshua than he does in Fury. Fury can rise from Wilder's big shots and still fight. Joshua can not.

Ortiz due to age and being severely hurt by Wilder twice may not be the same. So it's not outlandish to put Joshua Ruiz, Parker or White slightly ahead of Ortiz. I dont agree, but it's not crazy talk. Some logic there. But I think Ortiz can still beat and have great odds against any of those guys. So since it's so debatable I'm putting them all at the same level atm....With Fury and Wilder being the clear best 2 in the division and the only undefeated ones of the bunch.
Oh and plenty of Wilder haters had Ortiz rated very highly as they picked him to destroy the "frail too skinny sloppy windmill non boxer" easy. Many people on here had Ortiz picked in the 1st fight.
Then when Wilder destroyed him and ate his best stuff all of a sudden the narrative towards Ortiz shifted drastically.
Wilder hasn't lost BUT really we all know he lost that first fight.

Wilder hasn't lost BUT really we all know he lost that first fight.
No, reality says it was a draw.
Again, if you allow Fury fans to write their own narrative for the scoring that Fury won, you have to allow Wilder fans to say it would of and should of been a TKO according to many other refs.
If we are allowed to just go ahead and make up our own outcomes of the fight and disregard the official results I'm going with Wilder by TKO.

"Little risk as possible", this one sided analysis, is why I accused you of being like the other AJ fanboys on the thread.

AJ has a deeper CV than Wilder, BUT Wilder taking on a prime Fury is a tougher challenge than AJ has ever faced. There are reasons both those facts have become reality

"Little risk as possible", this one sided analysis, is why I accused you of being like the other AJ fanboys on the thread.

AJ has a deeper CV than Wilder, BUT Wilder taking on a prime Fury is a tougher challenge than AJ has ever faced. There are reasons both those facts have become reality

Prime fury hahahaha. He chased him based on his comeback fight. The one where he fought a CW, was fat as fck and watched a fight in the crowd during one of the rounds. Prime fury? And he ducked Joshua to fight that version of fury. Had agreed verbally to the offer. You think everyone’s as fckin stupid as you pal

The irony that you accuse anyone of bring a fan boy is priceless. The shit you type is laughable nonsense

Last edited:

He hasn't taken on a prime Fury what are you on about he took on a fury after a two year lay off and massive drink and drug binge.....he fought two nobodies and looked rubbish doing it.....I am not saying Fury didn't rise to the occasion against wilder but wilder never agreed to fight a prime fury that's just being an after timer saying that.

Again, if you allow Fury fans to write their own narrative for the scoring that Fury won, you have to allow Wilder fans to say it would of and should of been a TKO according to many other refs.
If we are allowed to just go ahead and make up our own outcomes of the fight and disregard the official results I'm going with Wilder by TKO.

87% of sherdog thought fury won. All fury fans? Of course not! No doubt you’ll try to claim that this site is full of brits instead
Almost all pundits and media had fury winning. Fury fans haven’t written the narrative as you well know. But wilder fans suddenly think the 10 count rule should be done away with lol. It’s a pathetic excuse to counter everyone else saying it was a hometown decision, which it was! The count was long, Ref should’ve stopped it immediately! Desperate nonsense. Who stops a fight immediately when a guy gets put down in a title fight in the 12th. He beat the count, was steady on his feet then won the rest of the round. Yet idiots like you think the rules of the sport should be changed so their protected fighter gets the win

Then you don't know shout about boxing. Fury is allowed a ten count he beat that. Fury outscored Wilder according to nearly 90% of Sherdog voters, The Ring magazine and the TBRB. I'll go with them over your opinion thanks.

Aj losing to Ruiz Saturday is probably the only way a AJ vs Wilder fight happens.

Aj losing to Ruiz Saturday is probably the only way a AJ vs Wilder fight happens.

I don’t think so. A wilder loss and we may get it as the other orgs seem more straight forward with their mandatory picks. Whyte has been mandatory for most of the last 2 years, other than when breezy jumped him just before the mandatory was ordered??

I don’t think so. A wilder loss and we may get it as the other orgs seem more straight forward with their mandatory picks. Whyte has been mandatory for most of the last 2 years, other than when breezy jumped him just before the mandatory was ordered??
Thinking more in terms of AJ taking the pay cut and wilder getting 50/50 or a split in his favour....plus his handlers thinking it relatively risk free.....I am sure the mandatory counts for nothing with WBC they will go along with whatever wilder and co tell them

Then you don't know shout about boxing. Fury is allowed a ten count he beat that. Fury outscored Wilder according to nearly 90% of Sherdog voters, The Ring magazine and the TBRB. I'll go with them over your opinion thanks.
TKO doesn't involve a ten count. Now that's not knowing anything smh.

What really counts,is actual reality... Your opinion on scoring is not valid.
"Sherdog voters" have nothing to do with who wins a fight lol.... was that a joke????

87% of sherdog thought fury won. All fury fans? Of course not! No doubt you’ll try to claim that this site is full of brits instead
Almost all pundits and media had fury winning. Fury fans haven’t written the narrative as you well know. But wilder fans suddenly think the 10 count rule should be done away with lol. It’s a pathetic excuse to counter everyone else saying it was a hometown decision, which it was! The count was long, Ref should’ve stopped it immediately! Desperate nonsense. Who stops a fight immediately when a guy gets put down in a title fight in the 12th. He beat the count, was steady on his feet then won the rest of the round. Yet idiots like you think the rules of the sport should be changed so their protected fighter gets the win
I know you're too stupid to get the point.
But here you go again slow learner.
Just like Wilder fans aren't qualified pro refs to make up and appoint a TKO the same exact for Fury fans who think they are judges.
You are not a judge or qualified to do it.
STFU and accept reality. The fight was a draw.
I'm sorry you cant handle reality.
You are probably one of those idiots here who cry robbery every fight.

Back