Deontay wilder vs Anthony joshua

Team Joshua tried to claim that Wilder was ducking them because they didn't feel Joshua was ready for Wilder.

Wilder counters by facing Ortiz in a warm up tough fight and then fighting the best superior boxer in the Heavyweights division in Fury and almost slept him and was willing to rematch both tough dangerous fights and already slept Ortiz.

Wilder didn't duck anybody that was money making politics and Joshua not being ready against the power puncher in Wilder.

Team Joshua tried to claim that Wilder was ducking them because they didn't feel Joshua was ready for Wilder.

Wilder counters by facing Ortiz in a warm up tough fight and then fighting the best superior boxer in the Heavyweights division in Fury and almost slept him and was willing to rematch both tough dangerous fights and already slept Ortiz.

Wilder didn't duck anybody that was money making politics and Joshua not being ready against the power puncher in Wilder.
I always see people spout this rhetoric, but they can never give a proper answer as to why he turned down the $100m.

I always see people spout this rhetoric, but they can never give a proper answer as to why he turned down the $100m.

Very Simple, he would be underselling himself

We will see how much he gets vs Fury, instead, but it doesn't matter. If you had 125k worth of shares in amazon, you probably wouldn't sell them to me for 80k, even if that was more than you make at work. The undisputed fight could/would be huge and Wilder's team knows it

AJ apparantly made 85m against Ruiz, if wilder signed that deal giving him 40m each for 2 fights, that would give him about 30% of the pot. Hearn has already said the next time they negotiate they should offer 50/50, so he admits they tried to under sell wilder and they didn't accept

Ruiz flattening AJ, meant the deal couldn't happen anyway, so Wilder;'s team has been proven right ultimately

We will see how much he gets vs Fury, instead, but it doesn't matter. If you had 125k worth of shares in amazon, you probably wouldn't sell them to me for 80k, even if that was more than you make at work. The undisputed fight could/would be huge and Wilder's team knows it

AJ apparantly made 85m against Ruiz, if wilder signed that deal giving him 40m each for 2 fights, that would give him about 30% of the pot. Hearn has already said the next time they negotiate they should offer 50/50, so he admits they tried to under sell wilder and they didn't accept

Ruiz flattening AJ, meant the deal couldn't happen anyway, so Wilder;'s team has been proven right ultimately
For a start, Wilder's team weren't ultimately proven right, unless they're psychics and can predict the future. They had no idea Ruiz would fight AJ and they definitely weren't betting on AJ losing either.

Secondly, the offer did not come from Hearn, it came from DAZN. Hearn saying he'd offer 50/50 means nothing because he's not DAZN.

Thirdly, Hearn offered Wilder a 60/40 split in the first match and a 50/50 split in the rematch before the DAZN offer was made. Wilder also turned that down.

Fouthly (is that a word?) If he was being under sold why didn't they use that as an excuse? This is only being used as an excuse by Wilder fans after AJ lost to Ruiz.

There's so many holes to poke here, it's ridiculous. It doesn't even stand up to the most basic of scrutiny.

Yeah but he's asking for more of the pot than he's worth. If he was worth that much then why is he not getting paid the same as Joshua for his last fight? Ortiz was at least as big a name as Ruiz so if Wilder was worth as much as 50/50 then why can't he generate as much as Joshua? Simply because he isn't worth as much as Joshua. If he gets 50/50 from Hearn then good on him but don't try and pretend he is as big a draw as Joshua because he clearly isn't based on earnings. He didn't take the Joshua fight because he's fucking greedy. Fair enough but don't deny it.

but but but America......

People are genuinly delusional about the worth of fighters these days, Joshua earns £65m for a rematch in a fight he lost first time round....yet Wilder who hasnt earned that in 40+ fights, is by their logic...the main draw

you honestly couldnt make that kind of shit up, it's Trump levels of delusion

For a start, Wilder's team weren't ultimately proven right, unless they're psychics and can predict the future. They had no idea Ruiz would fight AJ and they definitely weren't betting on AJ losing either.

If I invested in apple when it started, because it's my favorite fruit, it would be a good decision, regardless of the rationale

Secondly, the offer did not come from Hearn, it came from DAZN. Hearn saying he'd offer 50/50 means nothing because he's not DAZN.
If someone from AJ's camp says it, then the claim (underpaid) has even more merit

Thirdly, Hearn offered Wilder a 60/40 split in the first match and a 50/50 split in the rematch before the DAZN offer was made. Wilder also turned that down.
I think he accepted it, but the Povetkin fight got called by the governing body

Fouthly (is that a word?) If he was being under sold why didn't they use that as an excuse? This is only being used as an excuse by Wilder fans after AJ lost to Ruiz.
They did, that's why they asked what AJ was being paid, during the DaZN negotiations, they suspected they were being undervalued and essentially they seem to have been proven right

but but but America......

People are genuinly delusional about the worth of fighters these days, Joshua earns £65m for a rematch in a fight he lost first time round....yet Wilder who hasnt earned that in 40+ fights, is by their logic...the main draw

you honestly couldnt make that kind of shit up, it's Trump levels of delusion

You're right. I'm in this Facebook boxing group and it seemed 80% of people on there were convinced Ruiz held all the cards for the AJ rematch and should get paid more. I tried to explain about how big AJ is in the UK and how many arses he's put on seats there but got shouted down.

If I invested in apple when it started, because it's my favorite fruit, it would be a good decision, regardless of the rationale

If someone from AJ's camp says it, then the claim (underpaid) has even more merit

I think he accepted it, but the Povetkin fight got called by the governing body

They did, that's why they asked what AJ was being paid, during the DaZN negotiations, they suspected they were being undervalued and essentially they seem to have been proven right
I didn't say it wasn't a good decision because they got lucky. I'm saying they weren't right because their reasoning was bullshit. If he said that he's not fighting AJ because he'd beat him and 2+2=5, then just because AJ lost it doesn't mean 2+2 now does equal 5.

When did Hearn claim this?

No, this offer was from January.

So he turns down an offer where he knows exactly what him and his opponent are getting and it's pretty fair, then they offer him a fixed sum that was 10 times more than what he ever made up until that point and he still turned it down. Then you have him and his fans saying he's been under sold and low balled, and that AJ is ducking him. Do you see how incredibly dishonest and full of shit Wilder, his team, and his fans are here?

If Wilder doesn't want the fight right now because he wants to milk it for all it's worth then why not just say that instead of talking shit? If what your argument claims is true and they're treating Wilder like an investment then admit that they're pricing themselves out of negotiations for the meantime until they're ready to cash in.

I didn't say it wasn't a good decision because they got lucky. I'm saying they weren't right because their reasoning was bullshit. If he said that he's not fighting AJ because he'd beat him and 2+2=5, then just because AJ lost it doesn't mean 2+2 now does equal 5.

When did Hearn claim this?

No, this offer was from January.

So he turns down an offer where he knows exactly what him and his opponent are getting and it's pretty fair, then they offer him a fixed sum that was 10 times more than what he ever made up until that point and he still turned it down. Then you have him and his fans saying he's been under sold and low balled, and that AJ is ducking him. Do you see how incredibly dishonest and full of shit Wilder, his team, and his fans are here?

If Wilder doesn't want the fight right now because he wants to milk it for all it's worth then why not just say that instead of talking shit? If what your argument claims is true and they're treating Wilder like an investment then admit that they're pricing themselves out of negotiations for the meantime until they're ready to cash in.

OK, January, when they were negotiating with Fury

Either way if Wilder is offered 40/60 and then if he wins 50/50 in jan

How can he then accept essentially 30/70 (DaZN) and if he wins 30/70 2 months later

What kind of negotiating is that?

It's usually always about the money https://www.boxingscene.com/wilder-ill-repeat-only-way-joshua-fight-happens-50-50-split--137488

OK, January, when they were negotiating with Fury

Either way if Wilder is offered 40/60 and then if he wins 50/50 in jan

How can he then accept essentially 30/70 (DaZN) and if he wins 30/70 2 months later

What kind of negotiating is that?

It's usually always about the money https://www.boxingscene.com/wilder-ill-repeat-only-way-joshua-fight-happens-50-50-split--137488
They can't negotiate with more than one person at a time then and see which one is the better deal? The DAZN deal was offered at that time too. How is this relevant? Just seems like another excuse.

He won't accept a fixed sum of 10 times more than he previously earned or a 60/40 then 50/50 in the rematch. There is no negotiating if you refuse all offers.

So Wilder is full of shit then and he claims AJ is ducking him even though he knows that's not the case. He knows he's not worth a 50/50 split at this point in time, so he prices himself out, makes excuses, then claims AJ is ducking him. Glad we cleared that one up.

They can't negotiate with more than one person at a time then and see which one is the better deal? The DAZN deal was offered at that time too. How is this relevant? Just seems like another excuse.

He won't accept a fixed sum of 10 times more than he previously earned or a 60/40 then 50/50 in the rematch. There is no negotiating if you refuse all offers.

So Wilder is full of shit then and he claims AJ is ducking him even though he knows that's not the case. He knows he's not worth a 50/50 split at this point in time, so he prices himself out, makes excuses, then claims AJ is ducking him. Glad we cleared that one up.

If the fight happens in the US then 50/50 is fair. AJ is not a huge PPV commodity in the US. If Eddie Hearns admits it should be 50/50, then there is no argument

Some of you are pulling harder for AJ than his own manager!!

wilder Turning down DaZN 30/70 and then if you win 30/70 deal was one the simplest, most obvious, decisions you can get,

End of discussion. thanks for your participation

Never forget that Joshua knows he can't beat Wilder.
"I'm not ready for Wilder" is a real quote, and it came straight from Joshua. https://www.thecoli.com/threads/anthony-joshua-im-not-ready-for-deontay-wilder-yet.577117/

I'm not even going to get into contract negotiation talks and all that shit with people who don't know what they're talking about either.
Just talking from a pure fighting standpoint, Joshua knows he can't beat Wilder, the Ruiz beatdown on June 1st only wrecked what confidence he may have had. And he's certainly not in a rush to get schooled by Tyson Fury.

Joshua is a paper champ, through and through. It's a shame his victory made his supporters crawl from under their rocks and restart this whole bullshit "But what about Joshua vs Wilder!" shit again. We know that fight isn't happening, Joshua and his handlers don't want it.

"I'm not ready for Wilder" is a real quote, and it came straight from Joshua. https://www.thecoli.com/threads/anthony-joshua-im-not-ready-for-deontay-wilder-yet.577117/

I'm not even going to get into contract negotiation talks and all that shit with people who don't know what they're talking about either.
Just talking from a pure fighting standpoint, Joshua knows he can't beat Wilder, the Ruiz beatdown on June 1st only wrecked what confidence he may have had. And he's certainly not in a rush to get schooled by Tyson Fury.

Joshua is a paper champ, through and through. It's a shame his victory made his supporters crawl from under their rocks and restart this whole bullshit "But what about Joshua vs Wilder!" shit again. We know that fight isn't happening, Joshua and his handlers don't want it.

cold hard facts

uk still shooked

If the fight happens in the US then 50/50 is fair. AJ is not a huge PPV commodity in the US. If Eddie Hearns admits it should be 50/50, then there is no argument

Some of you are pulling harder for AJ than his own manager!!

wilder Turning down DaZN 30/70 and then if you win 30/70 deal was one the simplest, most obvious, decisions you can get,

End of discussion. thanks for your participation

Literally within the first few seconds of the interview it proves you're arguing from a place of dishonesty. The question was IF there were no belts on the line what would he offer? There are belts on the line and AJ has 3 of them. He also put in the work to unify against better competition unlike Wilder. Thanks for proving you're all for taking things out of context and beyond reason.

The US isn't the world. AJ makes more money and sells more PPVs worldwide. That can't be discredited just because you feel like it. It's not even like Wilder is a big star in the US anyway. The dude can't sell out a venue for shit, something which AJ has already done in the US.

This was from when AJ was 19-0 and had only just beaten Wlad. <Lmaoo>

Seriously can you Wilder fans argue in good faith or just bring up shit from years ago or use quotes out of context? It's fucking embarrassing the levels you have to stoop to just to protect your boy.

Biggest fight in boxing ( unless canelo and floyd rematch), needs to happen. Aj brings an army of casual buys with him, and that’s why he controls the money flow.

Literally within the first few seconds of the interview it proves you're arguing from a place of dishonesty. The question was IF there were no belts on the line what would he offer? There are belts on the line and AJ has 3 of them. He also put in the work to unify against better competition unlike Wilder. Thanks for proving you're all for taking things out of context and beyond reason.

The US isn't the world. AJ makes more money and sells more PPVs worldwide. That can't be discredited just because you feel like it. It's not even like Wilder is a big star in the US anyway. The dude can't sell out a venue for shit, something which AJ has already done in the US.

This was from when AJ was 19-0 and had only just beaten Wlad. <Lmaoo>

Seriously can you Wilder fans argue in good faith or just bring up shit from years ago or use quotes out of context? It's fucking embarrassing the levels you have to stoop to just to protect your boy.
"Protect my boy"?
The only one being protected here is Joshua. Two years and five fights later and Joshua still isn't ready for Wilder, nothing has changed. If anything he has less confidence in his ability to beat Wilder now than 2 years ago due to Joshua looking worse and worse and Wilder looking better and better.

attempt to look at these issues in isolation

Belts, The amount of belts is not a big factor, when Canelo faced GGG, in the 1st fight Canelo was the A side, even though GGG had more belts. Ruiz had 3 belts last weekend, AJ had none and yet Ruiz a 10/90 split of the revenue. If Floyd fought Crawford do you think floyd would be the b side? I know you are desperate to respond and say Wilder isn't floyd. These cases prove the no. of belts doesn't dictate the purse split

now that we have established that, there is no point talking about live gate, or worldwide appeal for wilder fights, Hearn has essentially admitted in the video they are equal revenue draws, hence why 50/50 would be a reasonable split.

Imagine pulling harder for AJ than his own salaried manager

Rejecting a 30/70 deal (and 30/70 again if you win), when you are an equal revenue draw, (according to the other guys manager!!) is perfectly understandable to any reasonable person.

There's so many holes to poke here, it's ridiculous. It doesn't even stand up to the most basic of scrutiny.

He knows all of this dude!

"Protect my boy"?
The only one being protected here is Joshua. Two years and five fights later and Joshua still isn't ready for Wilder, nothing has changed. If anything he has less confidence in his ability to beat Wilder now than 2 years ago due to Joshua looking worse and worse and Wilder looking better and better.
Mate, who the fuck was Wilder fighting at 19-0 it weren't world champions, that's for sure. All you can do is bring up quotes from years past instead of focusing on the now because you know Wilder and his team turned it down.
attempt to look at these issues in isolation

Belts, The amount of belts is not a big factor, when Canelo faced GGG, in the 1st fight Canelo was the A side, even though GGG had more belts. Ruiz had 3 belts last weekend, AJ had none and yet Ruiz a 10/90 split of the revenue. If Floyd fought Crawford do you think floyd would be the b side? I know you are desperate to respond and say Wilder isn't floyd. These cases prove the no. of belts doesn't dictate the purse split

now that we have established that, there is no point talking about live gate, or worldwide appeal for wilder fights, Hearn has essentially admitted in the video they are equal revenue draws, hence why 50/50 would be a reasonable split.

Imagine pulling harder for AJ than his own salaried manager
Yeah, man let's just ignore critical parts of the conversation because you don't like them. Canelo already had 3 titles with 6 title defences at that point in his career and was a bigger draw, Ruiz had signed the contract to agree to that split. You're taking things out of context again to fit your bs narrative.

Again I'll ask it, can you Wilder fans argue in good faith or nah?

Back