Deontay wilder vs Anthony joshua

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by rustledjimjams, Nov 28, 2019.

1. GoldenAzazel

GoldenAzazel General Manager of PWD Platinum Member

Wilder wouldn't have been under Hearn. The deal was with DAZN, not Hearn. DAZN is just a network that work with many different promoters.

2. WklySportsMemes

WklySportsMemes Green Belt

How come you didnt answer the direct question????
    Wilder would of starched Povetkin but he failed a drug test ...remember. lol
    Ortiz is better than Whyte, so yeah. Would probably be favored to beat Whyte.
    Also flat lining Fury and drawing with him is pretty notable.
    Give credit to the consensus #1 heavyweight champ.

3. GoldenAzazel

Because I wouldn't criticise someone for getting knocked down multiple times by 270lbs boxers and getting back up every time, nor would I criticise someone for having depression and going through a rough time in their life. It doesn't matter if they're from the UK or not. I don't criticise people for these things because I'm not an asshole.

Wilder probably would have KO'd Povetkin, but he failed a drugs test. You're right there. But he could have faced tough opponents in the past like Wlad, or tried unifying titles, but deliberately chose not to.

There's fuck all to prove Ortiz is better than Whyte. Who is Ortiz's best win? Bryant Jennings? Christian Hammer? Whyte has fought and beaten a former world champion and beaten many former world title challengers. Compare that to Ortiz who has never beaten a former world champion, and his only wins against title challengers are Bryant Jennings and a 45 year old Tony Thompson. Not mentioning Ortiz is in his 40s now.

The fact that people have to bring up a clear robbery draw against Fury as some sort of accomplishment for Wilder is laughable in itself. It's not exactly "flat lining" a guy either if the guy gets up within the 10 count and outboxes you for the rest of the round.

Since when was Wilder consensus #1? Neither The Ring nor TBRB have Wilder at the #1 spot. Unless the word consensus has somehow changed its meaning.

I can give Wilder the respect he deserves, but I'm also not gonna sit here and make up shit about him, so I can blow smoke up his ass.

4. don't quote me!

don't quote me! Yellow Belt

I guess you now realise net worth and the earnings he accrued in particular calendar year (according to forbes ) are 2 completely different things

Fury is a bigger star in the US than AJ now IMO, beating Fury would give Wilder more props

Remember your own words; AJ wanted easy fights like Miller and Ruiz, whereas Wilder has been chasing Ortiz and Fury, the 2 toughest challenges he ever encountered. Seems strange for Wilder the be scared of a Tiger, but go chasing a lion(Fury). Ortiz was a big danger, in many ways, as wilder got battered and the referee could have stopped it in round 7, Wilder went in with him again, knowing he would get no credit for beating Ortiz

AJ had a tough fight with Whyte, way back, however his attitude has been different to Wilder's, when it came to rematching tough challenges. People talk about Wilder ducking Whyte, but it was a year ago when Whyte offered out AJ to his face, AJ said he would fight him, if he couldn't get Fury or Wilder. Since then Hearn offered his trademark low ball offer to whyte, in order to get the easily fooled AJ fans to turn on Whyte and AJ has looked for "easy fight, after easy fight" according to you.

5. don't quote me!

don't quote me! Yellow Belt

Hometown?? The judge that scored it for Wilder was from Mexico and the judge that scored it a draw was from the UK

Not everyone is as biased to their home country as you, it seems!!

Ran from every opportunity!! Don't exxagerate, he has been running toward Fury, who currently is building a case as the best of this millenium. A prime Fury is a better boxer than anyone on AJ's CV and wilder is chasing Fury like a homing missile

6. WklySportsMemes

Seems you make excuses and justifications for Joshua not wanting to fight and not wanting any part in continuing the fight.... Tyson's Drug usage and retiring to avoid getting smashed.. Yet you want to call Wilder out for wanting more money....Use your same justifications for Wilder simply wanting to make more money and have more control in the negotiations. Especially since he is clearly the better fighter over Joshua at this point.

Ortiz being better than White is not an outlandish statement....
    Rankings and the odds prove that.
    Fury and Joshua's record are no more impressive than Wilder's.
    Sure Fury out boxed Wilder after what most refs would of called a legit TKO.

7. GoldenAzazel

Not really. I'm just not gonna sit on my ass and criticise a guy for it when I know 99.9% of people would do the same. I haven't criticised others for it with fighters I'm not a fan of either.

Avoid getting smashed by a guy he already decisively beat? Okay then.

What justifications specifically are you referring to? Wilder being offered $40m to fight AJ is more than he's ever made and might ever make. Wilder wanting more money wasn't even the issue according to him and Finkel. The issues were a) they weren't ready to take the fight because they wanted to build Wilder's brand more, and b) they weren't sure what AJ was making. You don't even know what you're talking about dude, because Wilder didn't even use the excuses you just said for turning down the deal.

What does Wilder being the better fighter at this point have to do with the deal either? The deal was offered before AJ lost where most people had AJ ranked above Wilder. AJ is also the bigger draw than Wilder which plays a big factor in negotiations.

Rankings? What rankings have Ortiz above Whyte right now? I'm generally curious because I know for a fact ESPN, Boxrec, The Ring, and TBRB all have Whyte above Ortiz and justifiably so. Fuck knows about the odds. Don't even know where I'd find that.

AJ's record is easily way more impressive than Wilder's. It's not even close, dude. As I said before, AJ beat Wlad, Povetkin, Parker, Whyte, unified 3 world titles, and did it all within 22 fights. Wilder has one notable opponent that he's beaten and that's Luis Ortiz and one world title. He took 40 fights to do that. Wlad straight up trumps anyone Wilder has beaten and that's not close either. Next you'll be arguing that Ortiz is better than Wlad.

Most refs obviously would have been wrong because of what happened after the knock down.

8. GoldenAzazel

Nah, actually you're right. He's trying to get that Fury fight and fair play to him for that. Fury turned down the rematch and Wilder wanted it. No excuses for Fury there. What I had in mind when I made that statement was the refusal to unify belts, fight Wlad, or fight AJ. He's been very vocal about the Fury rematch though.

9. WklySportsMemes

And 99.9% of the people wouldn't get in there with Joshua either.... lol Thread.

see everything you use to justify Joshua or Fury's shortcomings can be said for what you are holding against Wilder.

You are talking out of your ass and have a clear bias. Making up criteria and excuses as you go.

There is nothing outlandish or crazy about these simple points.
    - Ortiz is better than Whtye. Definitely debatable but a statement that's not out if left field
    - Joshua refused to walk towards the ref multiple times after he was knocked down and looked for his corner for help
    - Fury pulled out of a rematch with Vlad and avoided for it many reasons.
    -Fury did not want an immediate rematch with Wilder
    -The best and biggest name/win on Fury and Big Josh's record HAS THE SAME SHORTCOMINGS YOU GIVE WILDER FOR IN ORTIZ.....
    OLD, PAST PRIME, OVER THE HILL AND 40 PLUS ONLY MATTERS WHEN ITS PEOPLE WILDER BEATS I GUESS.
    You guys know Klitchko was 41 coming off a long 1 year and a half layoff. ..and one of the worst perfomance of his career when AJ massively struggled with him....right...
    I

10. GoldenAzazel

You wouldn't get in the ring with AJ for $40m? Lol that's an easy $40m. I'd get KO'd in a second but I'd still be $40m richer.

So I guess you can't answer the question about where Ortiz is ranked above Whyte <Lmaoo>

Not even going into the Fury thing because I've already stated in this thread that he's ducked the Wilder rematch, but obviously you can't read.

The difference is you're comparing a multiple world title holder who has 40 title defences, was the lineal champion, is arguably the best heavyweight boxer of this millennium, and completely owned the division for almost a decade to Luis Ortiz. How the fuck can you even think that comparison is justified? Are you on drugs? If this is what you think is reasonable, then I think I'm done with this conversation lmao

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019 at 5:03 PM
    Blake_UK and Jonny Ninja like this.
  11. WklySportsMemes

No Vlad is not even close to the best boxer of this millennium. Are you stupid or something????? Yes you are. Kind of proves your knowledge of boxing.
    Lol exactly....
    Vlad was 41....was totally outclassed by Furry his last outing and coming off a year and half layoff. Not the heavyweight Hall of Famer anywhere near his prime he once was that capitalized off of the weakest heavyweight division ever. And definitely not the exaggeration you made up about him being the best....So you want to talk Resumes for Wilder, but crown Vlad as heavyweight king????lmfao hahahaha. What a joke. So transparent. Think before you make up criteria as you go.

So again you keep proving your bias.... you want to exaggerate the Vlad that Joshua fought... Then not count Ortiz's accomplishments or the fact that he never had the opportunity to fight the best Pros in his prime.
    If you are going to gloss over the giant glaring facts about Vlad at 41 you need to do the same for Ortiz to not sound like a hypothetical tard.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019 at 4:42 PM
  12. surgeyou1

surgeyou1 Welcome to the Machida Era...Part Deux

That's about as nuanced a response that idiotic statement deserves.

Ducking Joshua...lol

WklySportsMemes likes this.
  13. cocksure

cocksure Silver Belt

Wilder has done it again, finished a guy in style just before AJ fights. Who sets these dates?
    I slightly favour Andy but can he land that concussive shot on Joshua again? I just hope the scorecards paint a fair picture, whoever the rightful winner is.

GoldenAzazel likes this.
  14. Jonny Ninja

Jonny Ninja Black Belt

Didn’t you know Ortiz is the greatest HW since pulev! I mean he’s beaten .......?????

Trying to put him on a level with wlad is some of the most ridiculous nonsense I’ve ever read on here. You’re wasting tour time arguing with idiots like this

GoldenAzazel likes this.
  15. GoldenAzazel

That's why I stopped responding. Comparing Wlad at any age in his career vs Ortiz is a joke, but apparently because they're both in their 40s, I can't say one win is clearly better than the other lmao

Jonny Ninja likes this.
  16. RDL81

RDL81 Green Belt

Wilder could have a much better legacy if he hadn't avoided Wlad, Parker and the no1 contender for his belt Whyte.

I believe he only thought Fury because his team (not necessarily him) thought it would be a walk in the park given the ring rust and showings on his comeback fight.

And why he turned down the 100m I don't know I don't get why he is happy fighting for such small pay days when AJ gets a minimum $85m for his Ruiz rematch

GoldenAzazel likes this.
  17. aries

aries Silver Belt

So turning down $100 million dollars for a 3 fight deal, one of which he was already signed up to, with the remaining 2 against AJ is not ducking??! At least make a coherent argument.

Deaths Head and GoldenAzazel like this.
  18. WklySportsMemes

Ducking Joshua...lol[/QUOTE]
    I dont thinks its ducking if you went on to fight as good as if not better competition.
    I think Ortiz is a better Boxer than AJ and a tougher fight for Wilder.
    I think Fury is much better than AJ and tougher match up as well. (This is coming from somebody who could not stand Fury and thought he wouldnt last at this level this long. )
    I also think Wilder would easily starch AJ.
    Legit questions for you.
    Do you think Fury is better than AJ?
    Do you think Ortiz is on par with Ruiz and Joshua?
    Do you you think Wilder would be favored over Joshua?
    Do you know the countless other pages and stipulation of the offer contract or contract?

19. aries

aries Silver Belt

AJ was seen as better than Ortiz, absolutely no doubt.
    And AJ was seen as much more dangerous than Fury who they thought was just a fat bum. AJ has a KO punch, Fury presents no such danger and had come off two very underwhelming wins in his comeback. They saw Fury as a soft touch, they were proved wrong.
    So yes I do think they were ducking AJ hard.
    This was all before the Ruiz fight. If AJ struggles with Ruiz but wins then I'm sure we'll see Wilder get in the ring with AJ.
    Fury is a better boxer than AJ but then he's a better boxer than Wilder as he proved. BUT he has no power whilst AJ and Wilder are the two heaviest hitting HW's in the sport.
    No I think Ortiz is level below Ruiz and Joshua. Only Wilder fans rate him highly but he has no great wins on his record to show that.
    I think Wilder would be favoured NOW after AJ has bad lost but I don't think he was favoured before.
    I bet if AJ takes out Ruiz in good form then Wilder will continue to duck AJ.

GoldenAzazel likes this.
  20. r-harper-1

r-harper-1 Red Belt

Why would wilder duck someone he’d destroy early

WklySportsMemes likes this.