Deontay wilder vs Anthony joshua

rustledjimjams

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I haven't really been following boxing.

Can someone please tell me why this fight never happened? Who was holding out? Or ducking the other?

It just seems retarded to me that there's a ortiz, fury, and ruiz rematch. But not this fight.

I haven't really been following boxing.

Can someone please tell me why this fight never happened? Who was holding out? Or ducking the other?

It just seems retarded to me that there's a ortiz, fury, and ruiz rematch. But not this fight.

wilder talked the fight up but never appeared to actually want the fight. He turned down 80m for 2 fights. He fought a fat fury for less money, than Joshua for all of the belts. That in essence is why it didn’t happen. He must be fckin kicking himself now. And if he’s not then he should be

Wilder wishes he had taken it.

Whoever you like more didnt duck the fight

Right now its more joshua's problem. Deontays star only rose while AJ is facing a dangerously fast guy who allready took a big chomp of his worth.

If Deontay would have ko'd AJ they would have the rematch/triology

Whoever you like more didnt duck the fight

I’d say passing up 80m for 2 fights and the chance to be undisputed is fairly compelling evidence. Especially as Wilder has earned no where near that amount so far for 1 fight, even though he’s defended his title 10 times

Wilder ducked, but fanboys like to claim that AJ was avoiding him instead. Logic being that AJ got found out against Ruiz, that's why he didn't want none of Wilder...

Its been recorded that Wilder basically ducked the fight, although it was probably a bad business decision to build his brand and the fight up so he could get a better deal.

Wilder ducked, but fanboys like to claim that AJ was avoiding him instead. Logic being that AJ got found out against Ruiz, that's why he didn't want none of Wilder...

Nah deontay isnt scared of anyone. Hearn is impossible to deal with.

I don't understand the rhetoric here. Wilder ducked him? WTF...smdh. It's the exact opposite. Wilder was trying for years to get Joshua to agree to fight him, and Joshua and his managers were fucking too chicken shit, as they were raking in monster payouts just fighting at Wembley stadium against opponents they knew they would most likely win. Wilder fought Fury, because that team didn't really look to get into fake negotiating. There is a few interviews where Fury and his team discuss how fair Wilder was and they pretty much accepted the first deal that was sent their way.

I don't understand the rhetoric here. Wilder ducked him? WTF...smdh. It's the exact opposite. Wilder was trying for years to get Joshua to agree to fight him, and Joshua and his managers were fucking too chicken shit, as they were raking in monster payouts just fighting at Wembley stadium against opponents they knew they would most likely win. Wilder fought Fury, because that team didn't really look to get into fake negotiating. There is a few interviews where Fury and his team discuss how fair Wilder was and they pretty much accepted the first deal that was sent their way.

they hate wilder

wilder = floyd mayweather of boxing

is that why wilder passed on a 100M deal to fight breazeale (for 20M) and joshua twice (for 40M per fight) - only to fight breazeale for 12M instead?

wilder and his manager both acknowledged that this is what they were offered. the manager said they didn't take it because they weren't told how much AJ was going to make, and wilder said it was because he wants to "bet on himself", whatever the fuck that means.

is that why wilder passed on a 100M deal to fight breazeale (for 20M) and joshua twice (for 40M per fight) - only to fight breazeale for 12M instead?

wilder and his manager both acknowledged that this is what they were offered. the manager said they didn't take it because they weren't told how much AJ was going to make, and wilder said it was because he wants to "bet on himself", whatever the fuck that means.
So is that what you call negotiation though, when you don't know how much the other fighter is making? A contract usually shows the splits between fighters, obviously there is foul play here and nothing is black and white. That isn't a full story and you know it.

Wasnt it a money issue, as usual.I think Wilder wanted parity but was never gonna happen. A Wlad/Haye situation would have been awesome but AJ had more belts so Hearn was playing hardball.

So is that what you call negotiation though, when you don't know how much the other fighter is making? A contract usually shows the splits between fighters, obviously there is foul play here and nothing is black and white. That isn't a full story and you know it.
what foul play? he and his manager literally held a press conference and talked about why they weren't taking the deal. if there was more to the story, they would've told us, they had absolutely no reason not to.

he isn't making anywhere near that money fighting fury and ortiz.

wilder's net worth is less than 40M. he would've earned 8M more than he did for knocking out breazeale, and he would've trippled his career earnings fighting AJ twice. AJ could be making 2 billion dollars and it still would've been idiotic to pass on that fight.

if he wanted the fight so he could make the most money, he should've taken it. it was an absurd amount of cash thrown his way. if he wanted it so he could whoop AJ's ass and prove that he's the #1 HW in the world, unifying all the titles... he should've taken it. there is absolutely no scenario in which hearn and DAZN offer wilder one hundred fucking million dollars if they don't want the fight.

what foul play? he and his manager literally held a press conference and talked about why they weren't taking the deal. if there was more to the story, they would've told us, they had absolutely no reason not to.

he isn't making anywhere near that money fighting fury and ortiz.

wilder's net worth is less than 40M. he would've earned 8M more than he did for knocking out breazeale, and he would've trippled his career earnings fighting AJ twice. AJ could be making 2 billion dollars and it still would've been idiotic to pass on that fight.

if he wanted the fight so he could make the most money, he should've taken it. it was an absurd amount of cash thrown his way. if he wanted it so he could whoop AJ's ass and prove that he's the #1 HW in the world, unifying all the titles... he should've taken it. there is absolutely no scenario in which hearn and DAZN offer wilder one hundred fucking million dollars if they don't want the fight.
Nah, you're talking far too much sense. It was obvious the DAZN deal was shit because Joshua was going to get paid more than Wilder (despite it being Wilders biggest pay day ever by a huge margin) and Wilder had worked so hard getting his one WBC belt (that the WBC protected him against the #1 Contender in Whyte) and his belt must be worth more than the 3 Joshua had. Logic, don't you just love it?

Back