deontay wilder k.o was

You're trying to draw me back into an argument ive already been through about 10x on this thread. Do I really need to explain yet again that i'm not disputing that the punch made contact? pretty sure I already replied to you and clarified exactly what I meant by "dive".

Amir Khan took a dive against Canelo too.

What is it about a "big fight" that brings out all the tinfoil hat crowd?

Honestly, just stick to WWE, you're stinking up the joint.

It’s lost in translation. He fixed it like hearns fixed duran

Wilder gets a lot of his power fighting off the step. If you crowd him you take away a fair amount of its bite. His punching becomes good heavyweight punching in most every respect when he can't step into the shot. This becomes apparent when we see that moet of his KO's come from that right hand and then occur when he steps into the punch.

Fury should fluid movement and refusing to let Wilder "get set" can tame him, however when he can punch off that step he gets downright scary. Fury was a little sluggish in a few spots and he paid for it.

It'a awful hard to box on a tightrope for 36 full minutes, and it's awful likely that a human will make a couple mistakes at the elite level. When you take a B level guy at that level and put him in with one of the big three, you see how much the A's (Wilder, Fury, and Joshua) have above the rest. Ortiz is a weird A-/B+ but he also cheated a bunch so I don't know what to do with that besides lose respect for him.

Joshua gets a bit timid around guys that touch him up. Klitschko got right back into the fight and was on a trend to win, but Joshua got good advice at the veryate stages of the match and was urged to get inside and fight Klitscko. I don't know if Wilder's power will let Joshua make mistakes that he can learn from later. If Joshua fights Wilder and Wilder makes him feel some of that pain early, Joshua might go into hiding and give Wilder the space to punch.

Just something about Joshua's body language. He trash talks a guy in the ring, sticks his tongue out, but doesn't have alpha body language the way a guy like Canelo does, for example. I think Wilder has legir confidence in himself but I think Joshua has to convince himself more.

it is an interesting mix up. I think it is kind of like Rock paper scissors. I think Fury has the optimal style to beat Wilder, being loose, and good movement. I think AJ has a good style for Fury, since he is more technical than Wilder, and can generate power without having to set up as much as Wilder. I also think Wilder has the perfect style for AJ, since AJ is a bit slow and robotic, he will give Wilder a lot of time to set up and get his timing down.

it is an interesting mix up. I think it is kind of like Rock paper scissors. I think Fury has the optimal style to beat Wilder, being loose, and good movement. I think AJ has a good style for Fury, since he is more technical than Wilder, and can generate power without having to set up as much as Wilder. I also think Wilder has the perfect style for AJ, since AJ is a bit slow and robotic, he will give Wilder a lot of time to set up and get his timing down.
I think there is a way for AJ to fight that would nullify a lot of Wilders advantages and really improve his chances of winning with much lower risk. AJ needs to get right up in Wilders grill and work him from close range leaning on him in between attacks. Wilder has no in fighting game and can't shorten his punches so he'd be effectively harmless at that range but AJ has shown some nice inside work with uppercuts and short hooks. I think it's Wilder's achilles heel.

I think there is a way for AJ to fight that would nullify a lot of Wilders advantages and really improve his chances of winning with much lower risk. AJ needs to get right up in Wilders grill and work him from close range leaning on him in between attacks. Wilder has no in fighting game and can't shorten his punches so he'd be effectively harmless at that range but AJ has shown some nice inside work with uppercuts and short hooks. I think it's Wilder's achilles heel.

I agree that is AJ's best chance. The problem is Wilder is a lot faster and a different animal than Wlad, who is slow and robotic. I just dont think AJ has the foot speed to deal with Wilder. Wilder has the speed and reach adv over AJ. Wilder DOES need to use his jab effectively tho. He did start doing that vs Ortiz later on, and you could see Wilder making subtle adjustments to the right hand he threw behind the jab, and he got the job done. Ortiz has better foot work than AJ, IMO, and also southpaw with better timing than AJ.

to be honest tho, I thought Breazeal would do better than he did, and all my Game of Thrones theories have been ass the last few weeks. So I really dont know what I am talking about.

I agree that is AJ's best chance. The problem is Wilder is a lot faster and a different animal than Wlad, who is slow and robotic. I just dont think AJ has the foot speed to deal with Wilder. Wilder has the speed and reach adv over AJ. Wilder DOES need to use his jab effectively tho. He did start doing that vs Ortiz later on, and you could see Wilder making subtle adjustments to the right hand he threw behind the jab, and he got the job done. Ortiz has better foot work than AJ, IMO, and also southpaw with better timing than AJ.

to be honest tho, I thought Breazeal would do better than he did, and all my Game of Thrones theories have been ass the last few weeks. So I really dont know what I am talking about.

I think Wlad moved pretty wall against AJ. He was thinner and lighter on his feet than he was against Fury, and Joshua did pretty well behind the jab in the first 4 rounds, when the fight was technical. I don't really think Wilder's footwork is better than Wlad's in the Joshua fight.

Also, what's your take on Wilder vs Gregor Clegane ?

I think Wlad moved pretty wall against AJ. He was thinner and lighter on his feet than he was against Fury, and Joshua did pretty well behind the jab in the first 4 rounds, when the fight was technical. I don't really think Wilder's footwork is better than Wlad's in the Joshua fight.

Also, what's your take on Wilder vs Gregor Clegane ?

Haha, Wilder KOs even zombie Mountain.

Also, I don't mean Wilder has better technical footwork, just he is a faster person in general. He is a bit clumsy even, but he makes it work.

Haha, Wilder KOs even zombie Mountain.

Also, I don't mean Wilder has better technical footwork, just he is a faster person in general. He is a bit clumsy even, but he makes it work.

"Making it work" is pretty much what defines Wilder.

Wilder definitely has the faster feet so for AJ to make it work he'd have to enter in after occupying Wilder mostly with the jab coupled with head movement or make an entry off of Wilders work especially off the right hand. Ortiz may have slightly better footwork than AJ but he wasn't faster on his feet and he had a significant reach disadvantage vs Wilder of 5" that hurt him as he was still in range for Wilders big shot but he couldn't reach Wilder.

But I do think that Wilder needs to use his jab if he wants to beat AJ, I think that will be a key factor in this fight. Wilder has a slight reach advantage of an inch over Joshua, I don't think it will make much difference. The speed advantage is there but I think AJ has better timing and Wilder is prone to telegraphing his shots which will give Joshua more reaction time. But these are all hypotheticals. I still think AJ would be wise to close down Deontay where he can nullify his punching power and his speed advantage. That tactic relies a lot on how well he can make the entry into close range, he needs to be working on his head movement a lot to facilitate it.

Expected. Breazeale is just a terrible heavyweight. Slow, plodding, chubby, unathletic, average power for a heavy.

Nonsense. Fury beat Wilder cleanly, and for 12 full rounds, he kept winning those rounds regardless of Wilder throwing power punches for 36 minutes. This bum got KO'd because he is a bum that is unathletic and slow, low skill level and tried to walk down Wilder. Please share the video of Fury getting KO'd in round 1 from a shot like that, infact, share me a clip of Fury getting KO'd in 36 minutes :D

You’ve misunderstood what I said dude. I absolutely agree he won that fight. It wasn’t a poor decision, it was fcking robbery. What I meant was ‘had’ that shot landed on fury, he wouldn’t of got up. That was a harder, cleaner punch. And I’ve always rated fury’s chin as well, or at least his recovery

I agree with you on your point about giving Wilder no space to throw his big shots. I think this is how Joshua would beat Wilder by crowding him and putting his weight on him as the bigger man to tire him out. Joshua can throws close range shots so can work at close range but Deontay hasn't really shown any ability to do that. I think the safest place to avoid Wilders power is to be right up on top of him. Make it a fight in a telephone booth and I think we'll see Wilder really struggle to get his shots off.

I think Joshua seemed a bit timid when Klitschko came back at him because he'd gassed himself out a bit and knew he was vulnerable at that moment, so he had to concentrate on just being defensive to survive. I disagree with you on Joshua not being alpha though, he sticks his tongue out when he is happy with his work and he knows he has the other guy on the ropes. Joshua in head to heads preceding fights is very alpha and he often asserts himself over his opponents. One example is when he told Breazeale to get out of his face and he was not about that life. Breazeale virtually shat himself, you could see the fear was palpable on Breazeale's face. Wilder didn't have the same effect on Breazeale when those two faced off. Joshua can be pretty intimidating, for all his nice guy act the man has a dark side.

The fight between them is won and lost on whether wilder can keep it long or Joshua can close that gap and be on the inside. It’ll be a 3 rounder, no more. Joshua will eat wilder alive on the inside but he’s fcked at range

Amir Khan took a dive against Canelo too.
As did - clearly - Manny Pacquiao in his fourth fight against JMM. That piece of stunningly bad acting almost rivals Duran's dive against Hearns, which was equally pathetic. "Oh look at me, that punch really hurt, I don't think I can stand up now, I'm feeling sleepy."

Disgusting.

Last edited:
Back