News Francis Ngannou vs Deontay Wilder talks have started

Who wins a potential fight?

• Total voters
How does Wilder do it?

I have never seen a more devastating puncher in my life. The guy weighs in at about 210 lbs and gets bullied in the clinch by Fury. But he was the one to leave Fury unconscious (briefly at least). Ngannou couldn't do it and he was the one bullying Fury in the clinch. I was surprised that he couldn't finish Fury at the end of round 8.

How does Wilder do it?

I have never seen a more devastating puncher in my life. The guy weighs in at about 210 lbs and gets bullied in the clinch by Fury. But he was the one to leave Fury unconscious (briefly at least). Ngannou couldn't do it and he was the one bullying Fury in the clinch. I was surprised that he couldn't finish Fury at the end of round 8.

Relatively light frame (strong but wiry build most fights) allows him to generate enough speed to land his punches and get in position to do so. Still "enough" mass to land heavy. Type II muscle fibres.

Long limbs generate great leverage. He's athletic enough to get those long limbs moving quick enough to land and the long levers magnify the effect of the force he can apply. (more tangential velocity at the end of that lever when rotating/ greater speed of glove at the end of the lever or radius)

Great timing. Every body part contributing starts and finishes it's part in the punch at the maximum possible velocity. So perfect summation of forces. He can have great timing in his movements, without necessarily having a perfect boxing technique. I'd say he's freakish in this and combined with the previous fact, may be what makes the most difference.

Lot's of fighters have some of those elements. Not many have them all.

Back