News Francis Ngannou vs Deontay Wilder talks have started

Who wins a potential fight?

• Total voters
Wilder can hurt anyone in the planet but it’s also true that he can get sloppy if he connects and doesn’t end the fight, Nganou might need more than a few to go to sleep.

If Nganou connects wilder is definitely getting hurt. I don’t see Nganou winning this or even coming close but it wouldn’t be a shocker either if he were to land, I can’t remember the last time I saw a combat sports athlete as physically impressive as him
Of course. If Wilder whiffs on that big right hand then Ngannou could counter and turn Wilder's lights out. That's why he needs to get off first and hit the target. He's a very fast starter so that's what I'm counting on to happen.

The same was said about Joe Joyce. Reportedly his bone density was 6× that of the average man and yet his chin just cracked in his last fight. Zhang wrecked him and Joyce is only a year older than Ngannou. As for the gamebred Pit Bull bone density claim I used to breed Pits and have researched canine skull morphology. I've never heard anything of the sort. Bro science aside if Wilder hits him with his signature straight right hand he will hurt him. At the very least he'll put him on his ass if not make him go to sleep.
Well you make some good points. I still find the match up pretty compelling. I do think Joyce is an example of a guy who could take a shot until he couldn't. Maybe it's just bro science but as a longtime fan it seems real.

Wilder isn't going to try to work a clinch with Francis. He will keep distance and connect.

Well you make some good points. I still find the match up pretty compelling. I do think Joyce is an example of a guy who could take a shot until he couldn't. Maybe it's just bro science but as a longtime fan it seems real.
Joyce had technically been stopped before in the amateurs but refs are quick to halt contests unlike in the pros. In Joyce's last fight he was legitimately knocked out by Zhang even though he was able to take Dubois' bombs just fine. He was able to eat them like skittles. Every fight is different. Chuvalo IMO had the best chin in heavyweight boxing history but he was still stopped. Foreman stopped him on his feet and Frazier holds a stoppage win over him as well. Vitali Klitschko never hit the canvas in his boxing career either but he was still stopped on a cut against Lewis. It took a kick in kickboxing to legitimately knock him out but it happened.

Ngannou took Ceril Ganes full power knee right to the jaw and didn’t flinch,it’s safe to say his chin is solid .

On the flip side Wilder hasn’t even fought a true power prime puncher of size yet and there’s no doubt if they traded shots Wilder us going to lose . He really needs to avoid being hit with anything solid at all , he was wobbly with Fury jabs .

I agree and Fury was known for pillow fists his entire career.

Wilder ate a billion shots. Outside of hw boxing, 1 shot KOs are rare. It's why Francis or Wilder are special punchers. More often than not, a KO is from accumulation. Not 1 and done.

Francis had a great showing but boxing us corrupt. You got to beat the champ. If out pointed or throwing 7 punches in championship rds will not win you a fight.

Lol @ morons crying racism. Anybody who saw Loma vs Haney none of those dorks cried racism there.

They're saying it's a special rules MMA fight, which to everyone's displeasure is a worse fight then had it been a ranked boxing match.

I prefer it to be a boxing match rather than MMA. Wilder brings nothing to the table in an MMA bout. Ngannou dominates him everywhere.

the X factor is francis' coaching staff. The game planning for fury was a huge factor in making it such a tight, competitive fight.

the X factor is francis' coaching staff. The game planning for fury was a huge factor in making it such a tight, competitive fight.

Definitely this, I was very impressed with their game-planning for Fury. Although I would think he'd need to fight almost in the opposite style against Wilder--he can't give him that distance.

They're saying it's a special rules MMA fight, which to everyone's displeasure is a worse fight then had it been a ranked boxing match.

I prefer it to be a boxing match rather than MMA. Wilder brings nothing to the table in an MMA bout. Ngannou dominates him everywhere.
Probably just something like boxing in the PFL cage with some clinching allowed. I'm fine with any rules that disallows Francis from just taking him down and winning with grappling.

Definitely this, I was very impressed with their game-planning for Fury. Although I would think he'd need to fight almost in the opposite style against Wilder--he can't give him that distance.

Not only did a mma fighter do so well against the lineal hw champion of the world in boxing, he did it being coached predominantly by mma coaches - double black eyes for boxing...

Probably just something like boxing in the PFL cage with some clinching allowed. I'm fine with any rules that disallows Francis from just taking him down and winning with grappling.

Ngannou would still give him a beating in the kicking and knees aspects...wilder has zero prior experience in mma so taking a mma rules fight with only a few months of training is very brave of him but also very unwise...

This is what I'm hoping for. 4oz boxing in a cage. Maybe some extra clinch rules that let them really dig in the clinch. I think that would bring the most interest, while still being something that could be promoted on a PFL card.

Not only did a mma fighter do so well against the lineal hw champion of the world in boxing, he did it being coached predominantly by mma coaches - double black eyes for boxing...
Isn't Dewey Cooper his trainer? He had 25 pro fights as a boxer.

That is a win for Boxing & a big fat L for Luke Fury

It showed a few things:

1) If you have the ability to Box, you Box. Even a 37 year old UFC HW champ made more in his pro Boxing debut than he ever did in all of his UFC fights combined & he didn't have to kiss anyone's ass & take insults on a daily basis like UFC guys do with Dana
2) UFC contracts will get ever more restrictive to stop UFC being a feeder league for Boxing & anyone with decent Boxing ability deciding whether to go the MMA route or go into Boxing will go into Boxing if he has any modicum of ambition

Khaosai Galaxy & Samart Payakaroon going into Boxing from Muay Thai & becoming world champs wasn't an L for Boxing, it was a gain because it enlarged the talent pool. If fighting for UFC was so good then UFC guys wouldn't be calling for random Boxing bouts on a daily basis in an allegedly "dead" sport (as told to them by Dana & Joe Rogan)

It is not just about money for Francis but about freedom he says. MMA is a sport where Dana White likely has more fans than Demetrius Johnson & where fighters are just replaceable cogs in the UFC machine. I could never imagine a scenario where Bob Arum or Eddie Hearn are bigger stars than Naoya Inoue or where Inoue would allow himself to be humiliated & talked down to on a daily basis by Arum or Ohashi because they promote him

As a Boxing fan I appreciate that Francis took it seriously, came to fight & not just collect a paycheque. He is not a replaceable cog to me, & I would be interested to see him vs Wilder or Chisora, & I couldn't care less whether he fights under Top Rank or Matchroom or some other promotion (unlike in MMA where whether you fight with UFC or not determines your worth)

Cooper did box professionally but he was mostly known for being a kickboxer and other than Jessica Rakoczy and jessie vargas, he has trained mostly mma fighters.

Isn't Dewey Cooper his trainer? He had 25 pro fights as a boxer.

If they fight it will be boxing rules. No way is wilder going to give up his advantage when he doesn’t have to. Same for any of the top HWs.

Ngannou would still give him a beating in the kicking and knees aspects...wilder has zero prior experience in mma so taking a mma rules fight with only a few months of training is very brave of him but also very unwise...

2-3 leg kicks could potentially finish the fight. It takes more than a couple of months to condition you legs. It will be boxing if it happens, which I also don’t think won’t happen

Dewey Coop coaches boxing and kickboxing, pretty sure he’s around mayweather gym.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back