DC has no chance at the title

I love how him dominating the heavyweight division all of a sudden has no importance. Idiot fans on here are wishing the best fighter in the division doesn't get a title shot. Jones fans are really scared he's going to lose.

When did he dominate the heavyweight division? I must have missed it. I can recall him beating 3 or 4 decent HW's but not any top 5. Has he ever faced someone in the top 5 in either division?

I'm more inclined to think Cormier can get them down than to think he can't.

Why do you guys reduce all differing opinions to being "butthurt"? It sounds childish. Comier hasn't fought anyone near top 3-5 LHW caliber. It was a "safe" performance that went as expected. Now give him Texiera and see how he handles someone with power and wrestling.

I guess it's a good thing that Barnett doesn't have wrestling nor power. Hendo doesn't have power nor wrestling? Roy Nelson doesn't have power nor grappling? How many shit posts are you going to make in this thread?

Why do you guys reduce all differing opinions to being "butthurt"? It sounds childish. Comier hasn't fought anyone near top 3-5 LHW caliber. It was a "safe" performance that went as expected. Now give him Texiera and see how he handles someone with power and wrestling.

lol k bro

totally aren't butthurt that Cormier made another PRIDE fighter look like a child

we saw you guys go thru the same thing when Jones did it before

Cormier will not have the significant size, age and speed advantage over Jones that he had over Hendo. I greatly dislike JBJ but Cormier is not the guy to beat him.

If Cormier gets a hold of Gus or Jones they are prob going for a ride. If he gets on top of either of them, they are prob not getting up for the rest of the round.

to think he has no chance vs either is absurd.

DC wont be worried about Jones KO power, he will dive in with combinations to get the clinch and takedown. Jones is in trouble.

ya, good call. Hendo is much more worrisome to shoot in on. Jones will be trying to time a spinning kick on DC's shots. If it lands, he might win. If it doesn't, he's going to get mauled on the bottom for the rest of each round that this happens.

Cormier will look good at LHW until he faces guys with actual skill and in their prime. He looked distinctly average against old guys like Mir, Barnett and Hendo. His greatest moments were a lucky punch against Bigfoot and beating down a barista.

He will lose before he even gets to guys on the level of Gus or Jones.

I love how him dominating the heavyweight division all of a sudden has no importance. Idiot fans on here are wishing the best fighter in the division doesn't get a title shot. Jones fans are really scared he's going to lose.

It's not that it has no importance, it's just not translating the way people hinging all their support on it want it to. He beat up some seriously slow guys, arguably the slowest in UFC's HW division. That says literally nothing of how he would handle faster, range-y and dynamic strikers with good wrestling.

I won't count him out like a lot of people are, I think he's as credible a threat to Jones as anyone and definitely has the tools and potential to get the job done, but I still think it's hard to base the outcome of that fight on what he's done. On the other hand, we've seen Jones trounce shorter, stumpy wrestlers as well as strong strikers. Maybe not on Cormier's level but Cormier has also never faced anyone like him.

Never fought a top 5 in any division. Future champ? lol

It's hard to tell sometimes when people are being sarcastic.

For the record, as a Gusto fan, DC matches up terrifyingly against him. Gus would be in trouble for sure - while Jones is only likely in trouble... at least he might counter some of the wrestling. Gus will be on his back as soon as his reach gets breached, and he won't have an answer for it.

and anyone here is sipping the special koolaid if they think dc can hold either jones or gus down for an entire round lol.

Really?

So is hendo now a finesse BJJ player?

Because heavyweight is not light heavyweight. The same reason people were pissed Pettis was getting a shot at Aldo. What you've done in a different division is irrelevant.

It is far from irrelevant. DC has beaten larger, stronger man that JJ has ever faced. Moving from one weight class to another does not erase what a fighter has done in the past.

i6gZaRu4calli.gif

ibbHzW91BkB7NA.gif

DC would grind Gus to dust. Jones is a different animal though. I'm hopeful, if he makes it past Gus.

I guess it's a good thing that Barnett doesn't have wrestling nor power. Hendo doesn't have power nor wrestling? Roy Nelson doesn't have power nor grappling? How many shit posts are you going to make in this thread?

Cormier/Barnett was a decent scrap obviously dominated by Cormier. And no, Barnett isn't a great striker (albeit a respectable one). And lol out bringing up Roy Nelson, who is NOT a wrestler at all, or Hendo who hasn't wrestled since PRIDE. I'm sorry, those wins don't warrant a title shot. Give him Glover.

Cormier will not have the significant size, age and speed advantage over Jones that he had over Hendo. I greatly dislike JBJ but Cormier is not the guy to beat him.

This is exactly what I was thinking, Cormier hasn't dealt with anyone with the combination of length, speed, and strength as Jones. Jones is much younger, more experienced, and has fought through adversity. Plus, people seem to forget that Jones is a highly skilled MMA grappler.

Back