DC has no chance at the title

Is there anyone other than Jones fans who doesn't want DC to get a title shot?

Sorry you are sensitive. Dan was nothing more than a sacrificial lamb for Cormier, who also outweighed him by what, 25 pounds? I saw nothing that warranted a title shot. He dominated Hendo like he was expected. He isn't going to take Jones down, and even if he does, he certainly won't keep him there.

Cormier won't take Jones down lol? I imagine you think Jone's wrestling is somewhat close to Cormiers? :redface:

Damn, Cormier just dominated Hendo like he's never been dominated before and finished with a submission and people still aren't impressed? Don't know what more people expect him to do, Jones is in trouble.

umm dc has fought much bigger and stronger guys than jones,, he most definitely can control jones and jones cant knock him out, you guys just dont like him bc he is boring with his style but you can count on it cormier 5 rounds to 0 even if it is boring against anyone

lol wut.. no.. Cormier will wragdoll the fuck out of Jones and will finish him convincingly.

Not impressed 35lbs heavier just threw him around. How did he not finish him in the 1st..no sub game, no strikes, just bear'd him.

Yeah, you know DC doesn't really cut because of his Kidneys. He's basically a chubby Middleweight.

Also, only Prime Nog, prime Anderson and Prime TRT Vitor have finished Dan.

Cormier/Barnett was a decent scrap obviously dominated by Cormier. And no, Barnett isn't a great striker (albeit a respectable one).

You said power and not great striker.

And lol out bringing up Roy Nelson, who is NOT a wrestler at all

Nelson is a grappler as I said in my post. He just fell in love with his power and abandoned his grappling. Nelson isn't that much of a striker, he just has crazy power.

or Hendo who hasn't wrestled since PRIDE. I'm sorry, those wins don't warrant a title shot. Give him Glover.

Come on, how does beating Shogun warrant a title shot, but destroying the guy who beat Shogun twice doesn't? How does beating Manuwa warrant another title shot, but beating guys like Barnett, Bigfoot, Mir and Nelson doesn't? You gonna tell me Edgar didn't get a title shot after dropping down to FW even though he lost his 2 previous fights?

With this style of fighting, he has no chance to defeat JBJ or Gustaffson. Those guys will pick him apart, he won't be able to take them down and even if they're taken down, they won't be grinded like Hendo is. DC style is so crap :(

This is quite possibly the dumbest thing anyone has ever said on these forums.

Discredit DC more please. He has beaten guys bigger than Jones. Guys with just as long reach as Jones. DC is a master at closing the gap. Saying DC won't be able to get inside Jones reach is a joke and half ahahah.

Cormier is a god damn OLYMPIC WRESTLER. He's also like 5"10 and VERY USED to having a reach disadvantage.

Of course he's a threat to Jones. Anyone who says otherwise is a complete fucking retard and unfortunately it looks like there's a lot of them around here.

Cormier is a god damn OLYMPIC WRESTLER. He's also like 5"10 and VERY USED to having a reach disadvantage.

Of course he's a threat to Jones. Anyone who says otherwise is a complete fucking retard and unfortunately it looks like there's a lot of them around here.

truth

Discredit DC more please. He has beaten guys bigger than Jones. Guys with just as long reach as Jones. DC is a master at closing the gap. Saying DC won't be able to get inside Jones reach is a joke and half ahahah.

exactly, that being said he is the worst macthup for jones as he deals with reach well and has beaten guys much bigger and stronger than jones. I don't think Jones takes a round from DC and I like Jones, Its just a bad macthup as Jones relies on strength and cormier is stronger

Jones fans on here are equal to the Mayweather fans on eastsideboxing that don't want Mayweather to fight Pacman. Jones fans are perfectly cool with Glover getting a title shot, but no way should an undefeated ex-Olympian get a shot... For some reason they think he needs to continue dominating guys who are ranked below him.

Cormier has a great chance and would make for a very interesting fight with Jones.

That's a gauntlet if Cormier gets the shot after Gustafsson.

lmao DC will ragdoll anyone in the division

agreed.

cormier is the strongest and best wrestler at 205. i have no idea where some posters are getting the idea that he has no chance lol.

Que? His style is what makes him so tough for Jones, he's a more technical boxer like Gus was, who might even be quicker than Bones, but he'll be able to ragdoll JBJ if the fight ever gets into close range.

Jones fans on here are equal to the Mayweather fans on eastsideboxing that don't want Mayweather to fight Pacman. Jones fans are perfectly cool with Glover getting a title shot, but no way should an undefeated ex-Olympian get a shot... For some reason they think he needs to continue dominating guys who are ranked below him.

To be fair, Cormier has been fighting cans so far at 205, Hendo's a big name can, but he's still a can at this point.

And if we listened to all of the talking heads, Dillshaw was going to get murdered tonight!

Back