• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

RBR DAZN Joshua vs Helenius Aug.12th

Think AJ will be tentative as usual and go down first against Wilder. Then will get up and throw caution to the wind, hurting/possibly flooring Wilder before Wilder knocks him out. Zhang/Joyce prob both beat AJ as well imo. A rubber match with Ruiz may be his best most winnable option imo. But I hope he fights Wilder as wanna see that fight.
If AJ even gets up after the first shot

Agree with pretty much everything you said. But yeah Breazale landed an overhand right in the corner while he was getting hammered, Wilder momentarily wobbled then backed up.
I don't think that Wilder was wobbled or seriously hurt in that fight against Breazeale. Wilder had Breazeale hurt and went in for the kill and got caught with a couple of shots that got his attention. He backed away to say to the ref that one of the shots landed on the back of his head. Those were good punches from Breazeale though and reminded Wilder that he can get caught when he gets wild like that. He definitely didn't look wobbled though.

I feel bad for Helenius, getting slumped by Wilder and now AJ. Would have preferred to see a different face in there against Joshua.

And that means he's bipolar according to your expert analysis lmao

Armchair psychologist of the year right here
there's clearly something going on there. His face said it all through the fight. His erratic behavior does resemble early bipolar behavior.

I'm an interdisciplinary student in a number of social sciences for the record. If I'm also a fight fan I'm going to notice some of this stuff.

Reactions: mon
At least we'll get AJ vs Wilder next. Better late than never even if AJ is no longer the same fighter. I still see shades of the old AJ in there. A flash of brilliance at times. But Wilder is the favorite at this point. However, we haven't seen Wilder take a big shot since he was knocked out by Fury. Helenius didn't last long enough to put any leather on him and that's the only guy he's been in with since. AJ needs to let go. If he can do that he'll be a real live dog.

At least we'll get AJ vs Wilder next. Better late than never even if AJ is no longer the same fighter. I still see shades of the old AJ in there. A flash of brilliance at times. But Wilder is the favorite at this point. However, we haven't seen Wilder take a big shot since he was knocked out by Fury. Helenius didn't last long enough to put any leather on him and that's the only guy he's been in with since. AJ needs to let go. If he can do that he'll be a real live dog.
I think the KO has made him more confident. On paper I'd say he should use his next fight to really go for it but he's at a risky stage and may just need to carry that energy in the Wilder fight.

I think the KO has made him more confident. On paper I'd say he should use his next fight to really go for it but he's at a risky stage and may just need to carry that energy in the Wilder fight.
Right. But how long will that confidence last? It's easy to be confident when you just knocked out Helenius compared to standing across the ring from Wilder.

Right. But how long will that confidence last? It's easy to be confident when you just knocked out Helenius compared to standing across the ring from Wilder.
tough to say. Wilder's not really unhittable but neither is Joshua. I'd think Joshua needs to blitz him but it all depends if Joshua was actually setting up that big right tonight or if was just trying to land it. If we believe the narrative that it was precise timing he might manage it but I can't see Wilder letting him try to figure him out for so many rounds. He'll either have to "figure Wilder out fast" or just go all at it in the first rounds. If he loses he loses by waking up on the canvas so he needs to do what he can with the confidence and accept that may be how it ends.

Tonight this fight was basically Ruiz v Joshua 2 meet Jake Paul v Tommy Fury. I'd say he fought timid, saw success with the right, and just tried to land it.

tough to say. Wilder's not really unhittable but neither is Joshua. I'd think Joshua needs to blitz him but it all depends if Joshua was actually setting up that big right tonight or if was just trying to land it. If we believe the narrative that it was precise timing he might manage it but I can't see Wilder letting him try to figure him out for so many rounds. He'll either have to "figure Wilder out fast" or just go all at it in the first rounds. If he loses he loses by waking up on the canvas so he needs to do what he can with the confidence and accept that may be how it ends.

Tonight this fight was basically Ruiz v Joshua 2 meet Jake Paul v Tommy Fury. I'd say he fought timid, saw success with the right, and just tried to land it.
We saw him stop Pulev. He seemed to gain his confidence back for a split second only to run into Usyk where he lost it again. Usyk isn't even a puncher. So, who knows what his confidence will look like against Wilder on the night. AJ couldn't find his range with his straight right hand and Helenius kept leaning back to avoid it. That's actually what cost Helenius. When AJ finally did land it he was leaning back out of position when it caught him on the chin. There's nothing to figure out about Wilder's game. He's always looking to land his straight right hand. Rinse and repeat. AJ just needs to get to him first which will require a fast start. The opposite of what he just did against Helenius.

there's clearly something going on there. His face said it all through the fight. His erratic behavior does resemble early bipolar behavior.

I'm an interdisciplinary student in a number of social sciences for the record. If I'm also a fight fan I'm going to notice some of this stuff.

I don't think he is bipolar but his public persona is definitely fake imo. It must be hard putting out this extra nice personality all the time. He has cracked over the years but it must take a toll.

wow so just heard Helenius took this fight on 2 weeks noticed straight after another fight. Two fights in two weeks. He made a million for this. Fair play.

Over confidence has gotten him knocked the fug out too....
If there is one guy you dont want to leave yourself open for , it's Wilder.

All we know is he still has elite level power & he is still dangerous when he lets his hands go. He also still gun shy. Doesn't respond well to getting hit. Also, he seems to damage pretty easily.

Its bad enough to have a trashcan take like that ... But imagine this, he honestly believes the fight will be rigged, yet he still watches it. Lmao
He must've seen that all 3 judges were from England and automatically figured they'd be for AJ. What he's too ignorant to realize is that they'd already been selected for AJ vs Whyte 2 which was an all-British showdown. That fight obviously collapsed, and Helenius stepped in, but the domestic judging panel was already set.

I don't think he is bipolar but his public persona is definitely fake imo. It must be hard putting out this extra nice personality all the time. He has cracked over the years but it must take a toll.

Some of his actions do resemble mania. His facial expression for most of the fight displayed a great deal of uncertainty. I think his mind was not in a good place in any case and small cracks can cause things to worsen later. He was elated by the victory but he's riding a high, and I feel like his mind would have been sapped if he lost tonight. I was thinking if he loses he should be put on suicide watch, and then at the end he made that comment about a loss being like suicide. Maybe it meant nothing but these things tend to be red flags for serious problems and I think he should get therapy before it worsens. Could help his boxing too and get his head straight. In any case if he loses again he's just going to find himself in the same position again and basically that elation he showed tonight after winning will be totally reversed. His mental state tonight was totally determined by whether he wins or loses and that's just going to keep repeating. Basically he went from an dangerous low to an extreme high, and he loses he'll go from an extreme high to an extreme low.

edit: actually does he already see a therapist?

Last edited:
He was supposed to but then got KO’d by a fat Mexican and she turned him down
Ruiz didn't KO him. Stopped him but that was a TKO and a strange one at that. AJ protested it but he had the fight beaten out of him so I didn't think it was necessarily a bad call.

You had it an even fight? LOL. Helenius maybe won the 1st round due to AJ's slow start. Then you predict it would've been a robbery? Gold.

Some close rounds he definitely won min 2 rounds. That crotch stuff after the KO shot was pretty cringe low class from AJ while the man was still down. He really has exposed himself as a tool recently. I hope Wilder sleeps him.

Back