• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

RBR DAZN Joshua vs Helenius Aug.12th

Why is everyone acting like AJ has nothing for Wilder? He's a better boxer, hits hard, and wilders chin ain't exactly granite
because people forget that every time wilder fought a big man who could also box, he looked like a fool. he knocked ortiz dead, but he was getting pieced up in both fights... and we all saw what fury did to him.

not to say that i'd be putting any money on joshua if these two fight, but people like to overlook wilder's deficiencies simply because he's a monstrous KO artist.

the fact that joshua doesn't have the sturdiest chin makes him highly susceptible to a KO from someone with nuclear power like wilder. the fact that wilder can't box his way out of a wet paper bag makes him susceptible to one as well. i'll give it 65/35 to wilder, because he knows how to force a shootout early and he'll fare better in that kind of fight. but acting like AJ stands no chance against him is foolish.

Robert in his prime (pre-Chisora hand injury) would have been a favorite against this version of AJ. Since the Sauerland days Robert has never really been in a 12 rounds shape anymore. It's a shame his career went like it did.
Nah. No version of Helenius would've been favored over the current version of AJ.

Nah. No version of Helenius would've been favored over the current version of AJ.

Maybe not in betting lines, but imo he should have been. At least really close to 50/50. I'm talking about the version that KO'd Brewster, Peters etc. He was a lot more explosive and quicker back then. AJ is the one elite boxer that's style was always pretty suitable for Helenius. Last night he just didn't have the required gas tank to go 12 rounds, on top of being too old and out of prime.

That said, hopefully he retires now. He finally made a decent money in the past couple years, no reason to continue.

he was overthinking and reluctant to pull the trigger but he got the highlight to sell the wilder fight, job done

Maybe not in betting lines, but imo he should have been. At least really close to 50/50. I'm talking about the version that KO'd Brewster, Peters etc. He was a lot more explosive and quicker back then. AJ is the one elite boxer that's style was always pretty suitable for Helenius. Last night he just didn't have the required gas tank to go 12 rounds, on top of being too old and out of prime.

That said, hopefully he retires now. He finally made a decent money in the past couple years, no reason to continue.
Helenius was better back then but he has always been a cut below the genuine elites. AJ has crushed several big hitters (Wlad, Povetkin, Whyte, etc). While AJ's chin isn't that sturdy Helenius' chin is even worse. Duhaupas, who isn't even a puncher, KO'd him when he was only 32 years old. He's also not skilled enough to outbox any version of AJ.

Helenius was better back then but he has always been a cut below the genuine elites. AJ has crushed several big hitters (Wlad, Povetkin, Whyte, etc). While AJ's chin isn't that sturdy Helenius' chin is even worse. Duhaupas, who isn't even a puncher, KO'd him when he was only 32 years old. He's also not skilled enough to outbox any version of AJ.

Yeah, he was never elite, but he was considered an elite prospect for awhile back then. He was definitely skilled enough in his prime to outbox this version of AJ. Even last night he had multiple competitive rounds against him, arguably winning one or two, while being light years away from his prime in a short notice fight.

100% AJ is a weirdo.

I have always said he’s on sort of medication, could be something for depression/bipolar. There is something not right with him.

Either than or he’s just a fucking retard.

Hasn't he said he has had suicidal thoughts and depression? I'd guess he has this mask on himself to cover some of that. I don't mean to keep bringing up the bipolar thing and I don't think he's there yet but he is displaying some signs of mania as google BARD explains the win/loss cycle of a bipolar disorder here:

"Yes, there are real win/loss cycles in bipolar disorder. This is a type of rapid cycling, which is a pattern of four or more mood episodes (manic, hypomanic, or depressive) in a 12-month period. Win/loss cycles are often seen in people with bipolar II disorder, which is a milder form of bipolar disorder.

People with win/loss cycles often experience extreme mood swings that are triggered by their success or failure in a particular activity. For example, if the person wins a game, they may experience a manic episode, which is characterized by feelings of euphoria, excitement, and increased energy. On the other hand, if the person loses a game, they may experience a depressive episode, which is characterized by feelings of sadness, hopelessness, and decreased energy.

The win/loss cycle in bipolar disorder is sometimes called "success-defeat syndrome." This is because the person's mood swings are often triggered by their success or failure in a particular activity."

To elaborate on that, just compare Helenius or most other fighters in defeat. Even though Wilder stormed out it wasn't in the same way and he later got a grip on himself. It's fine to be elated by victory and upset by defeat but if your personality is being dictated by whether you win or lose it implies an underlining problem.

Joshua's post fight celebration was probably one of the most disgraceful things I've seen. Low character.

It was certainly biazrre at points, the Degeneration X cock crossing, then leaving the ring to meet and greet whilst Helenius lay slumped in a pile wasn't a great look. And the fucking line about 'his back, his back' must have sounded better in his head. Odd bloke.

Yeah, he was never elite, but he was considered an elite prospect for awhile back then. He was definitely skilled enough in his prime to outbox this version of AJ. Even last night he had multiple competitive rounds against him, arguably winning one or two, while being light years away from his prime in a short notice fight.
He was a good prospect but we've had tons of those. Helenius never lived up to his potential. There's no chance he outboxes Joshua. Having a competitive round or two isn't enough. Notice that Joshua started adjusting and going through the gears. He always does this mid-fight. Even against Usyk he was able to box with him at times, and he made some nice adjustments in the mid rounds, in their first fight. Helenius just doesn't have the IQ or athleticism to keep up with him.

Joshua's post fight celebration was probably one of the most disgraceful things I've seen. Low character.

That was sheer relief pouring out of him. He lacks confidence and going rounds with someone like Helenius doesn't look good. Scoring a KO like that gave him a desperately needed confidence boost.

Looked like Garcia and GBP celebrating tbe Campbell win.

His post fight meltdowns after losing are disgraceful too. See Usyk 2 for example. Weird person.

I did not realize how much damage AJ took.

He was a good prospect but we've had tons of those. Helenius never lived up to his potential. There's no chance he outboxes Joshua. Having a competitive round or two isn't enough. Notice that Joshua started adjusting and going through the gears. He always does this mid-fight. Even against Usyk he was able to box with him at times, and he made some nice adjustments in the mid rounds, in their first fight. Helenius just doesn't have the IQ or athleticism to keep up with him.

Personally I see nothing on this current AJ that pre Chisora Helenius couldn't have handled. He was so much better back then. Even now had Helenius had a 12 round gas tank the fight could have easily gone to decision and being seen as competitive. But it's ok, we can agree to disagree. Prime vs prime AJ was ofc still a better boxer, that's not what I was trying to argue here.

Back