Dana: "Yes winner of Lawler vs Brown gets the next shot at the title."

Oh really? How many top 10 wins does Brown have?

You are comparing a higher-level MIDDLE WEIGHT grappler in Kennedy to an mid sized WW in Brown?

If you are bringing up fights from 2011 why not mention Browns loss to Seth Baczynski??

Lawler has knocked out better grapplers than Brown, finished higher ranked fighters and beat better strikers.

Brown has better cardio i'll give him that but if that's all he has, I'm not liking his chances against Lawler.

I'm not comparing the fighters, I'm comparing Lawler's response. Kennedy Had Lawler backing up the whole fight because of the TD threat and Brown will having him backing up with pressure. You can watch any Lawler fight and watch him struggle with his opponent's pressure, Kennedy, Manhoef, Jacare, Hendrix when he felt like moving forward. Between Brown's aggression and Lawler's inevitable gassing he's going to be doing a lot of back pedaling.

The only better striker on Lawler's resume this decade is Melvin Manhoef and I don't think that's something he takes a lot of pride in.

As For Baznitzkty, if Lawler starts jumping for Guillotines it'll be relevant.

Robbie is the best WW in the world? lol. He just handily lost to Hendricks.

Then he might never be ready.
Beating Shields in the last fight of his UFC career and Marquardt, who is 1-3 since his welterweight debut isn't exactly enough to warrant a title fight.

I could see it if there was no one else, but there are enough more deserving contenders right now.

He's not only ready but it's a good chance he wins the title over any of the top 5.I guarantee you Lawler or Woodley Who He Trains With would say he's been ready for quite some time.

Go for it, although I suggest vCash as it probably won't sting as much as losing the green stuff.

Brown showed toughness against Silva, but anyone who watched that fight knows that Brown was outclassed until Silva went into Zombie mode. Even after so, he still landed a body kick that nearly crumbled Brown.

Serious question - if Silva doesn't gas in that fight, do you believe Brown still wins it? I don't, not by a long shot. Hypothetical, yes. But it was clear in the first couple minutes that a spry Silva was better than a spry Brown....unfortunately for Silva a couple minutes was all he had in the tank.

Silva didn't gas, he got the shit kicked out of him. It's different.

Here's another hypothetical, if Brown doesn't take that body shot in the first, is the fight even close?

Not Lawler, Rory or Woodley's though.

To be fair Lombard beat two guys that beat Tyrone. If you compare their fights vs common opponents, Hector is the better MMA fighter.

He's not getting a title shot anytime soon though. Not because he's not ready or good enough, but because he is a former Bellator champ. And if he was a can, he would have been fast tracked to a shot and been embarrassed by now at Bellators expense. In reality tho, Hector is a beast and more than capable of winning the strap.

Last thing these guys want is for Bjorn to be able to say ''we have world class athletes, hector went into ufc and became champ''.

Sucks for Hector and fans like myself who wanna see him fight for the title. If he keeps winning though, they wont be able to deny him

In the Lawler-Hendricks fight, I was saying to myself, Robbie, why don't you use your kicks!? Than he perfectly used them in the Ellenberger fight, and that's why he won that fight impressively. IMO he would have won the belt with those kicks!

Now Brown in the other hand, is very durable, heart of a champion, but he has a big weakness, he fold like a lawn chair when punched in the stomach ( who wouldn't :icon_conf ) We saw it in the Silva fight, almost got tko'ed in the first round, and got tagged again in the later rounds.

It's gonna be a war :) I'm a fan of both, but my prediction is Lawler is going to land a BIG kick on Brown's midsection, probably in round 2-3 ( 5 rounders ? ) and after that it's game over.

Lawler TKO round 3

Why? 6 of his last 7 fights ended in KO or TKO. That sounds like power to me.

The analogy was "JUST AS MUCH POWER AS LAWLER". Silva was a human punching bag in their last fight and Brown struggled to KO him. You're telling me if Lawler had that many unabated shots at Silva that he wouldn't have put his lights out? Gimme a break.

Silva didn't gas, he got the shit kicked out of him. It's different.

Here's another hypothetical, if Brown doesn't take that body shot in the first, is the fight even close?

Good lord.

1. Silva crumbles Brown to the ground.
2. Silva attempts submission, fails.
3. Fighters back on their feet and Silva can barely move.

Matt Brown is so powerful that he lands 0 punches and 0 kicks, yet the other fighter has noodle legs. Clearly Silva wasn't gassed, the invisible blows must have weakened him.

I think Matt Brown's got this. Won't be easy, but he can beat Lawler.

Lawler will finish him like a good supper, he got crumbled a few time by Erick Silva for heavens sake, Erick Silva. Go ahead and have the stretcher ready after Robbie lands a few body shots.

Awesome. The two guys I want to see the least fight for a belt.

I would rather see Rory, Woodley, Lombard, or even DHK then see Brown or a rematch with Robbie. I think we saw Robbie's best already and its not good enough. I don't think Brown gets by Robbie but if he does, its an easy fight for Hendricks.

I don't think you know what "Handily" means. I'd be willing to bet big on Lawler if he rematched Johnny.

Actually I do. Maybe you should google it?

Every non retard scored that fight for Hendricks including basically every media scoring site.

What you are willing to bet doesn't matter. What matters is Hendricks won and is the best WW in the world by all accounts.

On one hand this fight is going to be freakin awesome.

On the other they're my two favorite fighters, so it's bittersweet.

Lawler via liver kick.

Every non retard scored that fight for Hendricks including basically every media scoring site.

What you are willing to bet doesn't matter. What matters is Hendricks won and is the best WW in the world by all accounts.

Nonsense. Johnny had to win the last round by lay'pray to get the decision. He lost a 10-8 round and AT LEAST one other round so the decision was crap. I like Johnny but Robbie was jobbed in the same manner as Johnny was jobbed vs GSP. UFC's judging criteria is flawed.

Wait, what? Why wouldn't it be the winner of Rory/Woodley?

Technically both are for 'a title shot'.

This is the scenario. Lawler needs time off. So have the winner of Rory/Tyron fight Hendricks next and have Lawler/Brown sit on the sidelines ala Cormier. So technically both are for a title shot.

That will allow Lombard, DHK, Saffeidine and possibly Condit all have fights before the next shot.

Edit: he did use the terminology 'next title shot'

I scored the match for Johnny too. Johnny won the match, but Robbie won the fight.

Good lord.

1. Silva crumbles Brown to the ground.
2. Silva attempts submission, fails.
3. Fighters back on their feet and Silva can barely move.

Matt Brown is so powerful that he lands 0 punches and 0 kicks, yet the other fighter has noodle legs. Clearly Silva wasn't gassed, the invisible blows must have weakened him.

Yea but everyone knows its the invisible blows that hurt the most........

good break down tho, pretty spot on

I would say brown handily beat silva, but hendrick barley got by lawler winning the fight by points and taking advantage of the scoring system, in ur eyes it makes him the best, cant knock you for that, but in many others eyes it doesn't, completely opinionated

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back