Dana: "Yes winner of Lawler vs Brown gets the next shot at the title."

Lawler is too much for Brown in my opinion, but Brown has proven me wrong before.

Well if Dana said a fight was for a title shot then it must be true......................

Those two are my favorite fighters so it's going to be tough to watch. Might root for Brown because he is the underdog and hasn't had a title shot yet.

Not Lawler, Rory or Woodley's though.

Not Lawler, but he had a recent title shot and lost.

Probably equal to what Rory and Woodley has achieved. Lombard should have finished Shields, I believe he could have but chose to coast and is paying for that decision.

Yeah sure Lombard has a worst resume than Woodley and Rory..:icon_cry2

Woodley lost to Marquardt and Shields, both whom Lombard beat.

Rory lost 2 fights ago and has never beaten a top5 guy. On the other hand, Lombard is undefeated at WW and beat a top5 guy in Shields.

Lawler might have a better resume I agree, but he also had his shot not long ago. It's very debatable if he deserves it more than Lombard, the other's aren't.

Exactly.

Rory only "good" win is VS Ellenberger and hes not so hot right now. He also got mounted by Maia in the first round....

The next title fight will probably go to who looks most impressive between Lawler/Brown, Woodley/MacDonald, and Lombard/Kim.

Brown looked good against his opponents but Lawler is a beast on another level. Robbie by liver shot TKO.

Wasn't Lawler already at #1 on his division before his last victory?

Wtf Dana, if you don't like the guy just say it.

I'm not comparing the fighters, I'm comparing Lawler's response. Kennedy Had Lawler backing up the whole fight because of the TD threat and Brown will having him backing up with pressure. You can watch any Lawler fight and watch him struggle with his opponent's pressure, Kennedy, Manhoef, Jacare, Hendrix when he felt like moving forward. Between Brown's aggression and Lawler's inevitable gassing he's going to be doing a lot of back pedaling.

The only better striker on Lawler's resume this decade is Melvin Manhoef and I don't think that's something he takes a lot of pride in.

As For Baznitzkty, if Lawler starts jumping for Guillotines it'll be relevant.

First i just want to say i respect Brown and look forward too and gladly pay to see him fight.

That being said, i completely disagree with your assessment. You can not compare Matt to Kennedy, Manhoef, Jacare and Hendricks. All of those fighters were bigger than Robbie and offered a high level threat be it KO power or grappling. Matt Brown is smaller than each of those guys, not nearly as strong and while having adequate power and grappling, he possesses no "elite" tool to threaten Lawler.

Matt has good skills, a great gas tank and remarkable spirit with a ton of heart. But his tenacity wont phase Robbie like it has past opponents. If Robbie gets Matt hurt but is unable to finish he wont gas himself out nor will he suffer an adrenaline dump. He will reset, and continue to pick Matt apart with his striking.

Matt doesn't have the technique nor the raw strength to take Robbie down and his tendency to come straight forward, make it a brawl, flat footed with play into Robbie's hands.

I respect Brown, and i have never ever ever given any fight a absolute winner prediction but i am 100% confident that Robbie ends Matt's streak.

Sidenote: Hendricks and Rory are both better strikers than Brown AND any fighter would be proud to beat Manhoef they way Lawler did. he survived a legit striking killer with mega power, took heavy shots and ended up finishing him.

First i just want to say i respect Brown and look forward too and gladly pay to see him fight.

That being said, i completely disagree with your assessment. You can not compare Matt to Kennedy, Manhoef, Jacare and Hendricks. All of those fighters were bigger than Robbie and offered a high level threat be it KO power or grappling. Matt Brown is smaller than each of those guys, not nearly as strong and while having adequate power and grappling, he possesses no "elite" tool to threaten Lawler.

Matt has good skills, a great gas tank and remarkable spirit with a ton of heart. But his tenacity wont phase Robbie like it has past opponents. If Robbie gets Matt hurt but is unable to finish he wont gas himself out nor will he suffer an adrenaline dump. He will reset, and continue to pick Matt apart with his striking.

Matt doesn't have the technique nor the raw strength to take Robbie down and his tendency to come straight forward, make it a brawl, flat footed with play into Robbie's hands.

I respect Brown, and i have never ever ever given any fight a absolute winner prediction but i am 100% confident that Robbie ends Matt's streak.

Sidenote: Hendricks and Rory are both better strikers than Brown AND any fighter would be proud to beat Manhoef they way Lawler did. he survived a legit striking killer with mega power, took heavy shots and ended up finishing him.

I agree with all of that. I think Dana knows it too and wants to see the Hendricks/Lawler rematch because the fight was so close.

Hendricks vs Rory/T-Wood winner will probably be booked by the time Lawler/Brown happens. They might be in for a little longer of a wait.

Hendricks vs Rory/T-Wood winner will probably be booked by the time Lawler/Brown happens. They might be in for a little longer of a wait.

This is what I assume Dana meant. The winner of brown lawler is next, after the winner of Rory and woodley

Robbie tends to be vulnerable when he's having large-combination punches thrown at him. If Brown can rush him at the proper time, he'll be able to overwhelm Lawler and make this bout closer than it appears on paper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back