Dana: "Yes winner of Lawler vs Brown gets the next shot at the title."

Towelie by TKO

The Continental Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Oh snap!

I know there are a ton of elitist Brown doubters who are salivating at finally getting their "I told you so!" moment. Robbie is probably the best WW in the world right now, so even if Brown loses he should get some respect if he at least makes it competitive, which I think he will.

Too bad Josh Rosenthal is in prison. He'd be the ideal ref for this fight. I'd hate to see an early stoppage here. Brown might get hurt early but he's never been finished with strikes and is tough enough to weather an early storm.

Oh snap!

I know there are a ton of elitist Brown doubters who are salivating at finally getting their "I told you so!" moment. Robbie is probably the best WW in the world right now, so even if Brown loses he should get some respect if he at least makes it competitive, which I think he will.

Too bad Josh Rosenthal is in prison. He'd be the ideal ref for this fight. I'd hate to see an early stoppage here. Brown might get hurt early but he's never been finished with strikes and is tough enough to weather an early storm.

It's going to be a bad night for Brown if it doesn't get stopped early, that's for sure.

But, yeah, I agree dude, hopefully it's a decisive finish.

Wait, what? Why wouldn't it be the winner of Rory/Woodley?

So which is it?

UFC started few days ago marketing UFC 174 with winner of Woodley-MacDonald getting a titleshot...

I think they gave the title shot to entice Robbie to take the fight. I mean 5 fights in span of 12 months is a heavy workload. They were probably scrambling to find a main event for this card.

That being said, Robbie smashes Brown. It won't be competitive.

Wait, what? Why wouldn't it be the winner of Rory/Woodley?

Because there's a high probability of that fight being a snoozer and 0% probability Lawler/Brown will be.

Marquardt, Shields, and DHK would be title shot material.

Beats the pants off Matt Brown's resume.

Not if Brown somehow pulls the upset here.

Brown will be exposed in this fight.

I think they gave the title shot to entice Robbie to take the fight. I mean 5 fights in span of 12 months is a heavy workload. They were probably scrambling to find a main event for this card.

That being said, Robbie smashes Brown. It won't be competitive.

lol, they don't need to try to entice Robbie to fight. He wants to fight.

Because there's a high probability of that fight being a snoozer and 0% probability Lawler/Brown will be.

Not if Brown somehow pulls the upset here.

Brown will get pummelled. So Lawler gets 2 title shots in a row. Makes no sense.

And yet the commercial I just watched said Rory and woodley were fighting for a title shot. I get tired of the ufc changing things. Don't say it in the first place.

Back