Dana: "Yes winner of Lawler vs Brown gets the next shot at the title."

You guys realise that Dana saying this doesnt mean shit right?

Brown probably saw the end of the hendricks fight and thought, "Really, you're just gonna let the guy lay on you for the victory? I can beat Lawler if this is the best he can do..." And yes, that was the best he can do...

The Matt Brown's are going to the superbowl

Sick fight.
WW is insane right now. Woodley, Lombard, McDonald, Brown, Lawler and DHK are right up there for a title shot.

Not Lawler, Rory or Woodley's though.

Rorys is debatable. Maia and woodley vs nate, shields, and dong. I was hoping rory-woodley winner gets the TS and lawler-browne fights dong - Lombard. Timing seems right.

Not Lawler, Rory or Woodley's though.
Woodley lost to two of the guys Hector beat the breaks off of. Lombard has the superior resume for sure.
Rory would have Ellenberger, Maia, and Woodley. Which is roughly equal with Hector imo
Robbie for sure has a better resume over Lombard. That I agree with. Only issue is that Lawler just fought for the title.

lol, they don't need to try to entice Robbie to fight. He wants to fight.

Actually, at the post fight conference it was mentioned that Robbie wanted to take time off because he's be training so much, just moved and hasn't seen his kids in a bit.

Brown will be exposed in this fight.

This is the elitsts bullshit I'm talking about. Exposed? As what, not being the #1 WW in the world? Nothing to be ashamed of, he'll still be my favorite WW to watch.

Everyone saying Brown gets finished early, will you give him some props if he makes it competitive?

You guys realise that Dana saying this doesnt mean shit right?

I agree. I think Dana says that a lot of fights are for the "title shot" just to convince ppl to watch the fight. He even said at one point that Shogun vs Vera was for a number 1 contender spot and he knew he was bullshittin on that one.

'Winner gets a title shot'...how many times have we heard that from Dana. And how many times did they really get it.

Gonna be a good fight. Probably going to be the end of Brown's streak unless Robbie punches himself out.

Brown will get pummelled. So Lawler gets 2 title shots in a row. Makes no sense.

Makes plenty of sense. The first fight was close, and it was awesome. I think it was scored correctly, but it wouldn't have taken a whole lot for the fight to have gone the other way.

If Robbie can string together two high profile wins after a respectable performance against the champ, why wouldn't he get another title shot? Apparently he's so good that you've completely counted out Matt Brown.

Any combination of match-ups between these three fighters are fights I would pay to see.

This is the elitsts bullshit I'm talking about. Exposed? As what, not being the #1 WW in the world? Nothing to be ashamed of, he'll still be my favorite WW to watch.

Everyone saying Brown gets finished early, will you give him some props if he makes it competitive?

What's your definition of competitive. I think Brown gets demolished hard, but I think he takes more punishment than average WW would take before going out.

I respect Brown's toughness but he's his grit won't allow him to threaten Lawler at all.

Oh snap!

I know there are a ton of elitist Brown doubters who are salivating at finally getting their "I told you so!" moment. Robbie is probably the best WW in the world right now, so even if Brown loses he should get some respect if he at least makes it competitive, which I think he will.

Too bad Josh Rosenthal is in prison. He'd be the ideal ref for this fight. I'd hate to see an early stoppage here. Brown might get hurt early but he's never been finished with strikes and is tough enough to weather an early storm.

As much as I love Brown's style and how he fights; he is going to get killed against Lawler. Brown is tough, and recovers quickly when hurt but he does get hurt quite often. Whether its strikes to the body or head. And Lawler just hits too dam hard and takes a great punch.

Regardless of if it's a number 1 contender fight, this fight is going to provide some fireworks. Taking Lawler by TKO but Brown's proved me wrong plenty of times.

Now, anyone who truly believes Robbie is just going to run over Brown?

1. Watch more MMA.
2. Be prepared to be very surprised.

I honestly don't know who's going to win. If I had to pick a winner, I would go with Robbie by default. But Brown has the style to give him hell.

This fight is going to be sick.

I think they gave the title shot to entice Robbie to take the fight. I mean 5 fights in span of 12 months is a heavy workload. They were probably scrambling to find a main event for this card.

That being said, Robbie smashes Brown. It won't be competitive.

I hate to agree, but I have to. Brown is an awesome fighter but I just can't see how he beats lawler. Lawler is a freaken beast.

Wait, what? Why wouldn't it be the winner of Rory/Woodley?

Because Rory doesn't deserve a title shot. Tyron Woodley is definitely top 5, but beating Koscheck & Rory is not enough to get a shot at Hendricks.

But the new commercial telling those stupid UFC fans to buy the next PPV says Rory-Woodley is.

Could the UFC be lying and showing their paying fans no respect? No way, I'm shocked.

Back