Dana: "Yes winner of Lawler vs Brown gets the next shot at the title."

Bummer for Lombard who is likely to torch DHK, but this title eliminator makes sense. For Robbie, beating Ellenberger and Brown is a legitimate claim to a rematch. If Brown wins, he finally got the ranked marquee win he needed to stake his claim.

Wait, what? Why wouldn't it be the winner of Rory/Woodley?

That's what I was thinking. I mean I wouldn't have a problem with Lawler/Brown getting it especially given Lawler's first title match and Brown's streak.

I completely expect Brown to get destroyed here, I expect a finish in the first or second, but I'm prepared to be wrong.

I was really bitter when Brown talked all kinds of smack about how he was the best without beating any top guys and then pulling out of the Condit fight, which was his shot to prove he could fight the top dogs.

I half expect him to pull out of this fight and keep trying to talk his way into a title shot, but he has his opportunity to prove me (and a lot of others) wrong here.

Sucks for Lombard

I think the winner of his fight (Lombard/ Kim ) has a shot to be line next after Brown/Lawler face Hendricks, if , if the winner is more impressive than the winner or Rory / Tyron

As exciting as the fight could be, why is brown getting a number 1 contenders bout over Tyron and Rory? The number 2 and 3 guys...

Winner of Lawler/Brown vs Winner of Tyron and Rory should happen

I completely expect Brown to get destroyed here, I expect a finish in the first or second, but I'm prepared to be wrong.

I was really bitter when Brown talked all kinds of smack about how he was the best without beating any top guys and then pulling out of the Condit fight, which was his shot to prove he could fight the top dogs.

I half expect him to pull out of this fight and keep trying to talk his way into a title shot, but he has his opportunity to prove me (and a lot of others) wrong here.

You know he is a tough guy , but it would shock me if he broke Robbie down with Pressure , Lawler in terms of striking as at least a notch or two above anyone Brown has taken down so far in terms of power and pressure himself.

As exciting as the fight could be, why is brown getting a number 1 contenders bout over Tyron and Rory? The number 2 and 3 guys...

Winner of Lawler/Brown vs Winner of Tyron and Rory should happen

He would have the longest streak in the division with a number of exciting wins , and a win over Robbie the man who was a 5th round away from winning the title over Hendricks and one who looked great in dispatching of Ellenberger would give Brown the Marquee win of his impressive streak.

I liked Robbie vs Hendricks, but i'd rather see Lombard or T-Wood fight Johnny next instead of the rematch.

You know he is a tough guy , but it would shock me if he broke Robbie down with Pressure , Lawler in terms of striking as at least a notch or two above anyone Brown has taken down so far in terms of power and pressure himself.

Yep, if Robbie can survive calmly what Manhoef brought to him in that fight, Matt Brown wont break Lawler.

Yeah sure Lombard has a worst resume than Woodley and Rory..:icon_cry2

Woodley lost to Marquardt and Shields, both whom Lombard beat.

Rory lost 2 fights ago and has never beaten a top5 guy. On the other hand, Lombard is undefeated at WW and beat a top5 guy in Shields.

Lawler might have a better resume I agree, but he also had his shot not long ago. It's very debatable if he deserves it more than Lombard, the other's aren't.
Lombard is going to destroy dong. He'll have his shot early next year guaranteed.

He would have the longest streak in the division with a number of exciting wins , and a win over Robbie the man who was a 5th round away from winning the title over Hendricks and one who looked great in dispatching of Ellenberger would give Brown the Marquee win of his impressive streak.

Brown is gonna lose.

Brown is gonna lose.

I'm counting on it , but more shocking results have happened , see Dillashaw/Barao , but should Brown pull off his own shocker his title shot will be justified.

Oh well, if Brown's gonna lose, may as well have his streak broken by the uncrowned champ.

There will have to be a finish or else they probably won't get a title shot. Depends on if the other fighters finish their fights. I don't agree with how it works but was just reminding people.

I'm counting on it , but more shocking results have happened , see Dillashaw/Barao , but should Brown pull off his own shocker his title shot will be justified.

According to unified rules, shockers are actually banned in MMA.

Back