Dana: "Yes winner of Lawler vs Brown gets the next shot at the title."

Everyone is expecting Brown to be ''exposed''? Really?...Meh MMA fans.

Y are people still doubting matt brown? Hope he wins. Deserves the title shot imo

That being said, Robbie smashes Brown. It won't be competitive.

Lawler by murder

Brown will be exposed in this fight.

Brown will get pummelled.

Probably going to be the end of Brown's streak

Brown gets demolished hard

Oh lawd Im bout to make some money on Matt Brown.

Lawler was a footnote just a year ago. He managed to stay off his back against a one armed Hendrix and suddenly he's an juggernaut? He's still the predictable, one dimensional, easily fatigued fighter he's always been. He can't finish Brown. He can't last five rounds. In 16 UFC bouts, Matt Brown has never been out struck. He's got at least as much skill as Robbie Lawler does and just as much power. Lawler will be fighting off his back foot for every second of this fight and if you don't think that makes a difference just watch how bad Lawler looked against K1 Tim Kennedy

Brown by submission rd 4.

even if he won he should be behind rory or tyron imo

Lawler was a footnote just a year ago. He managed to stay off his back against a one armed Hendrix and suddenly he's an juggernaut? He's still the predictable, one dimensional, easily fatigued fighter he's always been. He can't finish Brown. He can't last five rounds. In 16 UFC bouts, Matt Brown has never been out struck. He's got at least as much skill as Robbie Lawler does and just as much power. Lawler will be fighting off his back foot for every second of this fight and if you don't think that makes a difference just watch how bad Lawler looked against K1 Tim Kennedy

Oh really? How many top 10 wins does Brown have?

You are comparing a higher-level MIDDLE WEIGHT grappler in Kennedy to an mid sized WW in Brown?

If you are bringing up fights from 2011 why not mention Browns loss to Seth Baczynski??

Lawler has knocked out better grapplers than Brown, finished higher ranked fighters and beat better strikers.

Brown has better cardio i'll give him that but if that's all he has, I'm not liking his chances against Lawler.

This is the elitsts bullshit I'm talking about. Exposed? As what, not being the #1 WW in the world? Nothing to be ashamed of, he'll still be my favorite WW to watch.

Everyone saying Brown gets finished early, will you give him some props if he makes it competitive?

It is not bullshit. Crediting Brown for his accomplishments and believing he is not a top tier WW are two different things. To many people, an impressive win streak has created a hype that Brown IS the #1 WW in the world. After his fight with Zombie Silva, many people on this forum were clamoring for an instant title shot. Therefore, he is certainly in a position to be "exposed", and it has nothing to do with being an "elitist" (I'm actually still wondering how the use of this word even applies to your argument, but for the sake of things, I'll go along with it).

Brown has a good little streak going and if he beats Robbie who came close to beating Hendricks I think he deserves a shot. I don't think he will beat Robbie though.

I think Matt Brown deserves the chance to fight someone for a shot at the title.
I can't think of a better person than Lawler to take that fight.

I can see Robbie going for Matt's really weak body, early in the fight. Should be a barn burner if Robbie doesnt KO him off the bat.

well they better get a TS... RL shouldve gotten one now tbh imo.

in the UFC 174 trailer it says Rory vs Tyron is for the next title shot

so this must be for the one after that

If there are indeed UFC 174 ads touting Rory-Woodley as a fight for the next title shot, I have half a mind to sue the UFC under the Minnesota Consumer Fraud Act and seek an injunction precluding them from running the ad.

How does the UFC get away with dishonest advertising? Minnesota law certainly doesn't allow it. See Minn. Stat. Ann.

Go for it, although I suggest vCash as it probably won't sting as much as losing the green stuff.

Brown showed toughness against Silva, but anyone who watched that fight knows that Brown was outclassed until Silva went into Zombie mode. Even after so, he still landed a body kick that nearly crumbled Brown.

Serious question - if Silva doesn't gas in that fight, do you believe Brown still wins it? I don't, not by a long shot. Hypothetical, yes. But it was clear in the first couple minutes that a spry Silva was better than a spry Brown....unfortunately for Silva a couple minutes was all he had in the tank.

LOL - I realize I should have stopped reading right there. .

Back