Dana: "Yes winner of Lawler vs Brown gets the next shot at the title."

Not Lawler, Rory or Woodley's though.

Yeah sure Lombard has a worst resume than Woodley and Rory..:icon_cry2

Woodley lost to Marquardt and Shields, both whom Lombard beat.

Rory lost 2 fights ago and has never beaten a top5 guy. On the other hand, Lombard is undefeated at WW and beat a top5 guy in Shields.

Lawler might have a better resume I agree, but he also had his shot not long ago. It's very debatable if he deserves it more than Lombard, the other's aren't.

Brown will get pummelled. So Lawler gets 2 title shots in a row. Makes no sense.

Makes perfect sense. He barely lost to hendrix. Was an extremely close fight. He's already whooped Rory. So who should he have to fight to get a title shot? Woodley only won cause of a freak accident with condit. Woodley should win at least a couple more fights. Lombard? He beat Jake shields. Big deal.

Rory and Woodley must be pissed right about now

Before Lawler's fight with McDonald I would have said he's one of the easiest opponents in the higher division for Brown. But just like Matt he's found his riddum these past few years. Going to be a good fight if ref doesn't screw it up.

Now, anyone who truly believes Robbie is just going to run over Brown?

1. Watch more MMA.
2. Be prepared to be very surprised.

I honestly don't know who's going to win. If I had to pick a winner, I would go with Robbie by default. But Brown has the style to give him hell.

This fight is going to be sick.

What if you watched MMA and have followed both of their careers?

You think Browns style of brawling and grit fighting is going to give Lawler any problems.

Robbie is a better striker, has better threshold to take shots, stronger, more technical, better scrambler, and has way more power.

Brown is going to try to make this a dog fight and gets folded within 2 -3 rounds.

Because Rory doesn't deserve a title shot. Tyron Woodley is definitely top 5, but beating Koscheck & Rory is not enough to get a shot at Hendricks.

Beating Rory,Koscheck and Condit do. Rory has the best resume outside of Lawler.
Rory and Woodley are the number 2 and 3 guys, imo those 2 should get the ts.. but dana is being dana and only wants exciting fighters get the ts.

What if you watched MMA and have followed both of their careers?

You think Browns style of brawling and grit fighting is going to give Lawler any problems.

Robbie is a better striker, has better threshold to take shots, stronger, more technical, better scrambler, and has way more power.

Brown is going to try to make this a dog fight and gets folded within 2 -3 rounds.

There haven't been too many of those who survived a Brown stand up beating though. Actually don't remember him losing to a striker because he hasn't. Agree Robbie's the best striker he's fought but don't see him knocking Brown out with shots to the chin at least.

This is the elitsts bullshit I'm talking about. Exposed? As what, not being the #1 WW in the world? Nothing to be ashamed of, he'll still be my favorite WW to watch.

Everyone saying Brown gets finished early, will you give him some props if he makes it competitive?

I like both Brown & Lawler - I have watched both for years.....I think Brown has a very good chance of winning...Lawler has the better standup, Brown has the better ground game..BUT Brown definitely has more heart IMO!

lawler has a great recent resume. kos, rory, jake, and if he wins; brown also.

There haven't been too many of those who survived a Brown stand up beating though. Actually don't remember him losing to a striker because he hasn't. Agree Robbie's the best striker he's fought but don't see him knocking Brown out with shots to the chin at least.

I fully acknowledge how tough Matt is and I don't think Robbie will KO him.

What I do think is Matt is going to move straight forward, stand right infront of him and get stopped with a barrage of head kicks, hooks and body shots.

Robbie won't be discouraged if he Matt survives an early barrage like Mein and Silva did. He'll smile, pace himself, reset and unleash another attack.

Makes perfect sense. He barely lost to hendrix. Was an extremely close fight. He's already whooped Rory. So who should he have to fight to get a title shot? Woodley only won cause of a freak accident with condit. Woodley should win at least a couple more fights. Lombard? He beat Jake shields. Big deal.

So split decision=whooped now? Lawler won the last two minutes of the fight. Before that it was a close fight. And if the ref hadn't stood them up, Rory probably would have cruised to a unanimous victory.

Lombard is 36 years old and very experienced if hes not ready now hell never be ready

Then he might never be ready.
Beating Shields in the last fight of his UFC career and Marquardt, who is 1-3 since his welterweight debut isn't exactly enough to warrant a title fight.

I could see it if there was no one else, but there are enough more deserving contenders right now.

i'd love to see matt brown and dhk win, just to complicate things in the ww division.

Although nobodies fault, this reminds me of how much of a shitty situation it is to have a champion sidelined with an injury.

Robbie will have fought twice since fighting Hendricks while Hendricks sits on the sidelines holding the belt.

Back