Media Dana White says Chandler vs McGregor is "likely"

It's his new style of fighting that's his biggest problem. He turned into the very type of fighter his old style was built around beating, which was the slow, hulking, brute type of fighter. Meanwhile everybody else, who do indeed still largely fight like this,are far more practiced at fighting like this than him and so are coming off better when he tries to match them at it.

Don't get me wrong, the hunger and fame thing are still huge issues. But I mean, look no further than Dustin admitting Conor still sparked him in the 2nd fight but just never followed up on it like he used to which would've finished him. It should've been another 1st round KO like their first fight. But Conor just isn't that fighter anymore and so Conor instead is the one who let Dustin off and comeback, and not that Dustin had changed or improved enough.

He's his own biggest problem. He needs to go watch his old fights and recreate that style again and he'd be doing a lot better.
He basically abandoned everything that made him a special fighter.

At 145 he was lean, FAST, had reach advantage and sufficient power.

At 155+ he has "warning track power" at best, he isn't bigger or faster than the average ranked guy, he doesn't use his kicks anymore which helped him dictate range and confuse opponents as to what is coming.

He is a predictable and extremely limited head hunter now.

Chandler who struggled with old Tony is a perfect opponent for Conor. Although he could just wrestlefuck a win.
The guy who was beating the brakes of Poirer too

Easiest fight for Conor in the top 10. But this is probably at WW so not even top 10.

Yeah but is Conor able to give performances like that now? Eddie fight was 6 yrs ago
And not just the time, he also stopped training, developed a pretty serious drinking problem and had a major injury. I doubt he will ever be close to the same as when he was still "hungry" before the Mayweather fight and now selling Proper 12 for what people estimate was about $100 million for him.

Why do people think 34 year old 2023 post broken in half leg Conor is going perform like 2013-2018 Conor?

Conor is 1-4 since beating Eddie Alvarez in November 2016. All losses by stoppage, only win over a completely shot Cowboy in the middle of a 7 fight winless streak.

Why on earth would you assume he is even remotely close to the fighter he was in his 20s at this point in time after this horrendous injury when we wasn't looking so hot before that?

How about add to that in his absolute peak, he couldn't make it two rounds with Nate Diaz. He threw all his best shots, Nate took them and beat him up and tapped him.

Conor has always been a marketing sensation with good timing. No doubt he's a great puncher, but he's abysmal at wrestling and BJJ and has below average cardio.

There is no point in time Conor was the best lightweight in the world, and there is no reason to believe he could ever consistently beat top 10 ranked lightweights.

Even the up and coming guys like Gamrot, Tsarukyan and Fiziev would beat him without much fuss. He's a good puncher with good timing and nothing else going.

How about add to that in his absolute peak, he couldn't make it two rounds with Nate Diaz. He threw all his best shots, Nate took them and beat him up and tapped him.

Conor has always been a marketing sensation with good timing. No doubt he's a great puncher, but he's abysmal at wrestling and BJJ and has below average cardio.

There is no point in time Conor was the best lightweight in the world, and there is no reason to believe he could ever consistently beat top 10 ranked lightweights.

Even the up and coming guys like Gamrot, Tsarukyan and Fiziev would beat him without much fuss. He's a good puncher with good timing and nothing else going.
He was better than he used to be. When he was at 145 the guy moved as fluid as a cat. Thats all been gone a long time.

He was better than he used to be. When he was at 145 the guy moved as fluid as a cat. Thats all been gone a long time.

A no camp Chad Mendes still took him down on his first attempt, and held him there without fuss.

Chad probably beats him if he wasn't coming off the couch.

He's largely the product of good timing. Nate Diaz was wrestled to decision losses by MULTIPLE featherweights. He beat the shit out of Conor in his absolute prime.

Conor is a marketing sensation like Brock and Rousey. Never the best, but good marketing and one good skill.

A no camp Chad Mendes still took him down on his first attempt, and held him there without fuss.

Yup.

POuXWKY.gif

Oh wait.

Well that's sure awkward to get caught lying like that.

Yup.

POuXWKY.gif

Oh wait.

Well that's sure awkward to get caught lying like that.

I didn't count the scramble in the first 5 seconds of the fight as a take down, but sure, credit him with TWO take downs. Its just that easy.

Conor sucks on the mat and gets dominated on the ground over and over.

Chandler comes across as a company kiss ass, like Cowboy, and will probably agree to throw the fight for the right compensation.

Even if Chandler uses his wrestling he’ll lose. Conor gave Khabib his toughest fight and since the fight would be 5 rounds, that’s plenty of time for Conor to catch him
Conor did not give Khabib his toughest fight, he also broke the rules like 21 different times between cage grabs, grabbing gloves, knees on the ground and grabbing shorts. It was crazy they didn't take a point from him. Tibau gave him a tougher fight without breaking the rules over 20 times.

Last edited:
I didn't count the scramble in the first 5 seconds of the fight as a take down, but sure, credit him with TWO take downs. Its just that easy.

Conor sucks on the mat and gets dominated on the ground over and over.

Ohhhhh, you meant the second attempt?

giphy.gif

Well this is awkward.

Must've meant the 3rd one.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Hey there you go!

Oh wait, not again not even 20 seconds later???

giphy.gif

Conor did not give Khabib his toughest fight, he also broke the rules like 21 different times between cage grabs, grabbing gloves and shorts. Tibau gave him a tougher fight without breaking the rules over 20 times.

Tibau decision aside, you do know there's a scoring system in place that determines who did best, right? Conor's the only one who unanimously won a round fighting Khabib. By definition he had to have given the hardest fight seeing as no one else did, not even Tibau. Justin came the next closest by winning round 1 on 2/3 judges score cards, which yeah now there's a robbery if ever there was one and was ridiculous considering he was saved by the bell. But still, Conor won round 3 on all scorecards and is the only one.

Winning a round > losing every round. There's literally no point in having a scoring system if you're planning to just throw it away whenever it suits you.

i rarely approve of anything conor-related, but... this is a good scrap. it's a good matchup in terms of where they both are in their careers as well.

He’ll find a way to fuck it up. He’ll get reckless and wild then get caught. Chandler is my boy, but that’s my gut feeling.

Conor matches well with the shorter, hyper-aggressive slugger in Chandler. McNugg has a good chance of winning.

Conor will have a big reach advantage. I also expect Conor will be the bigger man at WW (recent Conor pics he looks like he gained a lot of size, I don't think he can even make 155 at his new physique). Conor isn't what he used to be, but I think this is a good style matchup for him. Only area Chandler has edge would be wrestling but I doubt he'll even use it in this fight

If its 170 or 155, Chandler will win.

And at 170 Chandler wont have to kill himself to make 155.

Conor has literally made a Welterweight career out of fighting Lightweights, it's so cowardly.
He has only fought two LWs at WW and both have fought at WW more times than Conor. Plus Conor started at and was at his best at 145 so he's smaller than both Nate and Cerrone. Also Nate was the one to ask to fight at 170 not Conor, it would have been to Conor's advantage to demand Nate make the weight cut on short notice.

Back