News Dana White says Mcgregor vs Chandler will "Hopefully" Happen This Year "There Is No Set Date, Eyeing End of The Year"

Not gonna lie..Everytime I hear there is a delay I think it is Conor.. He has been saying he wants a fight for over a year now... Refused to enter the pool.. Conman McGregor doesn't want Chandler..

Fake news, he's been in the pool. He's been back in the pool for over 6 months.

Dana White went on the Pat Macfee Show and was asked about about Mcgregor vs Chandler saying:
"Eventually. Hopefully this year. I'm hoping for the fall"

Is this fight ever gonna happen or was Mcgregor screwing Michael Chandler over this whole time? lol

I really don't give a damn, Dana.

I dunno why but it's kinda hilarious seeing a company guy (bootlicker) like Chandler getting strung along.

I don't dislike him, but his desperation to get this payday (which probably won't even happen) is comical.
It sums up the modern MMA game, in many ways.
Hard to get upset over someone wanting to make potentially 10 million plus for himself and his family. That’s the equivalent of him fighting 15+ times.

Imagine someone coming to you and offering you a 5 year or more salary for one night of work. I think you’d fight for that.

He did enter the pool now though

Hes tied for the most tested athlete this year lol

(With two tests but still)

Yeah, He was also claiming he was ready to go before he entered the pool
Fake news, he's been in the pool. He's been back in the pool for over 6 months.

Read what i said.. I said he was saying he was ready to fight fight even before he was in the pool.. I never said he was not in the pool now.

I doubt he is ever going to get in the octagon again unless he is handed a title fight

O
I'm really starting to wonder if Conor is like on his last fight on his contract and isn't signing a new deal and we got some stale mate going on.

By all accounts Conor is ready to go and the UFC is one dragging their feet.

Conor is no moron and he has things like Paq boxing matching he could take. The middle east throwing crazy money around to make fights. He could probably get a second Floyd fight or maybe something crazy like PFL fight vs Nate Diaz with the Saudi's funding it. Hell, Conor is big enough he could go to the Saudi's and book his own damn show and make bank with them.

Something just really seems off in the recent months.
Think he has 2 fights left? He signed a 5 fight deal prior to the Khabib fight, so he's only had 3 fights since then (Khabib and Porier x 2). You are right though, the whole thing doesn't really make sense; and no one wants to explain what the hold up is.

Jeez. Is this gonna happen?

Read what i said.. I said he was saying he was ready to fight fight even before he was in the pool.. I never said he was not in the pool now.

I doubt he is ever going to get in the octagon again unless he is handed a title fight

You said he "refused to enter the pool"

Conor's never fighting again. If he does it will be in a few years when he finally realizes that he's been sliding into obsolescence. And he'll lose

And he did.. He was claiming he wanted to fight for months and never submitted his paperwork.. He had to make sure all the juice was cleared.

Nope he never refused. Fake news. Who went to try to take his sample that he turned away?

Business
Conor probably didn't renew his contract

The Saudis are trying to steal Conor from the UFC

<31>

Don't really care if or when this fight happens

Only interested in watching the elite guys fight. The ones who are still relevant

I haven't been watching much MMA and at this point don't care about the past primes losing ugly and uninspiring by winning.

It's a joke two years in the making? Chandler is corny and passed and Conor has outgrown fighting.

There’s no reason why given…
It’s definitely starting to look like a contract dispute as I hear he only has two fights left. They don’t want him with just 1 fight left with no extension because he has all the leverage, especially if beats Chandler. McGregor as a free agent will probably do that gimmick fight with Jake Paul. There’s a boxing match he could even do with Nate. There’s also other boxers he could make money with. He has tons of option outside the UFC to make money on his own. McGregor as a free agent just isn’t good business for the UFC.

There’s no reason why given…
It’s definitely starting to look like a contract dispute as I hear he only has two fights left. They don’t want him with just 1 fight left with no extension because he has all the leverage, especially if beats Chandler. McGregor as a free agent will probably do that gimmick fight with Jake Paul. There’s a boxing match he could even do with Nate. There’s also other boxers he could make money with. He has tons of option outside the UFC to make money on his own. McGregor as a free agent just isn’t good business for the UFC.
Wasn't there some court ruling a few years ago in favor of fighters, where UFC couldn't hold fighters hostage in perpetuity anymore via not giving them fights or continually extended their contract?

Back