Dana pumps the brakes on Nick Diaz's return

lol Leon Scott is fighting a Diaz. Rightly or wrongly Khamzat has far more ticket selling juice right now than Leon.
It's just a theory

I pulled up search results on YT, filtered most recent month, and the most popular khamzat video pulled in 167K views, most popular leon video was on search results, but it was usman talking about leon, 247K views.......

it's safe to say, that neither guys are that popular right at this moment.

if you do the same filter for Colby Covington, the search results, filtered the same way, blow both guys combined, out the water.

mma memories are short, people forget, this is not scientific, but a rough estimate. Khazmat is simply not very popular right now. He hasnt been fighting for years and ingrained in people's heads.

Wow! I am shocked.

lets remember nick also has to get in the usada testing pool for months b4 a fight....

What's funny is that Dana thinks anyone besides a few Dana/UFC yes-men nut-huggers is buying this BS. Nick's not letting Dana low-ball him on fight money. Period.
nick has a contract. he can fight out his contract. he doesn't want to.

A UFC contract has to have a time limit, if it doesn't they wouldn't want to go to court trying to enforce a contract signed a decade ago.

oh yeah this is all dana's fault lol
The last time we heard from Nick he was a total fucking mess on Ariel's show.

Theres no way Nick didnt mess this up for himself.

if i never saw nick fight again i wouldn't lose any sleep over it. 6 years out of the game would only make him anything but slower and less competitive. I want to see the best not who was once the best.
I dont think getting hit in the head again will do Nick any good.

A UFC contract has to have a time limit, if it doesn't they wouldn't want to go to court trying to enforce a contract signed a decade ago.
nick signed a 3 fight deal in july 2014. he fought once.

could be a power play move to bring nick's price down. maybe it's just a money issue.
nick fought once on his 3 fight deal, making $500k against anderson. pretty sure that's the min price.

Heard stories about Nick Diaz during his retirement from the sport. As harsh as it may sound, the guy became a complete alcoholic. He’s been making money off doing appearances and sponsorships but even that seems to be drying up now.
rumor also has it Ronda rousey was his gateway to it. Another reason for the fans to love her.

Wolftickets. Classic Dana move. Publicly shame a fighter and try to pressure him to accept a deal/fight.

shame on Dana for doing this, it seems to be his go to move lately

Nope, if the contract is paused, no time limit. Nate Quarry was under contract as of a few years ago, and his last fight was in 2010. And why wouldn't the UFC be willing to go to court? They can outspend and outlast any fighter, even the highest earning ones.
nick fought once on his 3 fight deal, making $500k against anderson. pretty sure that's the min price.
He also got PPV points for that fight, so I suspect he has to negotiate any non-disclosed purse pay on a fight by fight basis.

Fuckin dum dum. Dana the Red contradicts himself. So a guy thats been around the block, fought forever, and is pretty damn unique in his own right isn't like a hungry young savage trying to make a name for himself?

d99454ecd37d214296091b98de896aef

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back