Dana pumps the brakes on Nick Diaz's return

Who cares anyway? Any Top 20 fighter destroys this stokton bum easily nowadays.

Well, it's not surprising. Diaz at the moment isn't worth this huge jump in pay. He has not fought in 6 years, and not won in 10. It's not like he breaks PPV records. Against Silva was roughly 600k and against condit was 400k.He has not fought in 6 years so I doubt he brings in this large PPV base since most casuals likely don't even remember him at this point, and we know the hardcores don't buy PPV's.

Maybe we should listen to a person who can talk for himself, rather than listening a promoters strategy to lower the price of a fighter everyone wants to see fight.

Well, as long as dumbasses listen to this goof, he'll have an audience.

Heard stories about Nick Diaz during his retirement from the sport. As harsh as it may sound, the guy became a complete alcoholic. He’s been making money off doing appearances and sponsorships but even that seems to be drying up now.
It's because those appearances were piggy backed off Nate Diaz's success after the Conor fight. They need to both be active for that to be an option or at least have Nate be active. Nick doesn't have much of those options anymore for appearances and sponsors since Nate isn't fighting much and Nick hasn't fought. That's part of the reason he most likely wants to fight again, it's the reason most go back to fighting after retiring. Not every fighter builds an income stream away from fighting and if they have money saved up it usually doesn't last forever.

Does anyone actually want to watch and old man Nick Diaz fight? Seriously. Even if you are his biggest fan, you know how this shit turns out. Especially since anyone old enough to be a fan of Nick has already watched a few dozen other guys age out and turn into punching bags.

Why can’t the Ufc put on legend vs learned fights. Why does he have to want to fight the young up and comers Dana js such a fat head

Here we go again. The Diazs dont play Dana's games like Jones does. They just wont fight if Dana is lowballing them

Dana is a bum...
https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fmattconnolly%2Ffiles%2F2017%2F04%2Fphoto_0171122151iedhkp.jpg

The only time Dana ever talks negatively about a fighter to the public, it’s 100% a negotiation tactic.

A lot of the fighters are alcoholics its just not publicized. Nick def will be a mess. Ive seen him around numerous bars in Beverly Hills drunk as hell and smoking stogs with a few of his homies. I still want to see the guy bang though. Pay him, the fans will watch.

Sounds like Nick Diaz has the same issue as Dan Hardy. They're trying to cherry pick opponents rather then accept the fights the UFC puts in front of them.

Reactions: lsa
Translation: Nick wants actual money to fight, these up and comers will fight for nothing. They want it more!
I don't read it like that. I see it as Nick wants a high profile, meaningful fight and the UFC is like "dude you've been inactive for a long time. Fight a mid tier guy and show everyone you're back. I'm not going to give you wonderboy Thompson coming off a 5 year layoff."

It's like BJ Penn asking to fight Dustin Porier

Does anyone actually want to watch and old man Nick Diaz fight? Seriously. Even if you are his biggest fan, you know how this shit turns out. Especially since anyone old enough to be a fan of Nick has already watched a few dozen other guys age out and turn into punching bags.

To be fair Diaz bros have always been punching bags

Back