Dana pumps the brakes on Nick Diaz's return

Any lawyer worth his salt could make it start after he stopped working for them.
I dont know why you are confident in that. A standard nfl contract extends for the length of time a player refuses to perform or retires. No specified time limit.

Well, it's not surprising. Diaz at the moment isn't worth this huge jump in pay. He has not fought in 6 years, and not won in 10. It's not like he breaks PPV records. Against Silva was roughly 600k and against condit was 400k.He has not fought in 6 years so I doubt he brings in this large PPV base since most casuals likely don't even remember him at this point, and we know the hardcores don't buy PPV's.
This...idk why people think bringing Diaz in is going to get them like...a million buys

Dana making it look like a fighter doesn't want to fight when in reality it's a matter of $$$, typical bald goof

Hmmm...on the one hand, Dana in fact does underpay his fighters and deserves our scorn for such loathsome policies. But, I mean, Nick hasn't fought or won in forever...he will get slaughtered by just about anyone he gets in the cage with (and then retire)...will like create bullshit and headaches leading up to the fight...I can see why Dana wouldn't want to break the bank on such an unknown commodity. STOP! Before any Shertards start spouting ten-year old, historical facts about Nick Diaz's accomplishments: now Nick is old and just a ghost of a shadow of what he once was. For some reason, a lot of Shertards fail to comprehend the passage of time and the aging process.

Jarl

Translation: Nick wants actual money to fight, these up and comers will fight for nothing. They want it more!

I remember reading somewhere that Diaz wants something like $3 million a fight. He has a bit of a fanbase, but he's not really that big of a draw, is 38 years old, is riding a 3 fight losing streak, and hasn't won a fight in 10 years.

No he can't pull Couture. Couture didn't party and drink 5 years straight. You guys are pathetic. Nate will look like bum when fighting Leon. And Nate is still a fighter although shot one. Sorry to say but Nick is not fighter but alcoholic now.
Unfortunately, you are right. Stranger shit has happened. Kinda.

I dont know why you are confident in that. A standard nfl contract extends for the length of time a player refuses to perform or retires. No specified time limit.
Because Diaz is in California, which caps nearly all contracts at 7 years from their start. Diaz is likely past 7 years at this point. Having said that, I doubt Diaz uses it, it would be a long and expensive case.

"Except as otherwise provided in subdivision (b), a contract to render personal service, other than a contract of apprenticeship as provided in Chapter 4 (commencing with Section 3070), may not be enforced against the employee beyond seven years from the commencement of service under it. Any contract, otherwise valid, to perform or render service of a special, unique, unusual, extraordinary, or intellectual character, which gives it peculiar value and the loss of which cannot be reasonably or adequately compensated in damages in an action at law, may nevertheless be enforced against the person contracting to render the service, for a term not to exceed seven years from the commencement of service under it. If the employee voluntarily continues to serve under it beyond that time, the contract may be referred to as affording a presumptive measure of the compensation."

Same lowballing technique used on GSP.

Nick Diaz wants to play around and lay down and clown during a fight to make money this dude doesn’t want to stand and bang and that’s why we watch this shit

The UFC is trying to sacrifice Nick to say a Vincent Luque or Geoff Neal while Nick's team is trying to negotiate for Wonderboy or Usman.

He actually would have a small chance against Neal and even Luque.
But Wboy would beat him easily by managing the distance.
And Usman vs Nick would be GSP vs Nick basically.

Give him Lawler, Mike Perry, Matt Brown.
Condit would beat him again. inb4 1,2, 5 Diaz or some shit like that.

Fine by me, I don't want to see him return if it's not on his own terms, and in fun fights.

Dana runs the same play every time and still people fall for it.

"I just don't think (Insert fighter name here) really wants to fight anymore, he/she is not hungry" means "he/she is not happy with the money offered because we just lowball and underpay everyone."

You can say what you want about Nick Diaz, that he hasn't competed in 6 years, hasn't won a fight in 10 years, he's probably washed up - and you'd be right on all those accounts. But it's irrelevant here.

The Diaz bros are big business. A Nick Diaz comeback generates huge interest and revenue, and he deserves to be compensated for that.

In Diaz's last fight, he made 500k (minus 100k for testing positive for weed) for headlining a PPV that drew a 4.5 million gate and sold 650k PPVs at $50 or $60 per. Is there anyone besides Dana White that thinks that sounds like fair compensation?

They’ll pay him what he’s contracted for. He probably wants more. His last reported payout was $500k.
I was hoping for kflo to respond to this one.

... and now we have the exact reason Nick isn't fighting. Straight from UFC PR ladies and gentlemen.

Dana runs the same play every time and still people fall for it.

"I just don't think (Insert fighter name here) really wants to fight anymore, he/she is not hungry" means "he/she is not happy with the money offered because we just lowball and underpay everyone."

You can say what you want about Nick Diaz, that he hasn't competed in 6 years, hasn't won a fight in 10 years, he's probably washed up - and you'd be right on all those accounts. But it's irrelevant here.

The Diaz bros are big business. A Nick Diaz comeback generates huge interest and revenue, and he deserves to be compensated for that.

In Diaz's last fight, he made 500k (minus 100k for testing positive for weed) for headlining a PPV that drew a 4.5 million gate and sold 650k PPVs at $50 or $60 per. Is there anyone besides Dana White that thinks that sounds like fair compensation?

Yes, but also keep in mind that PPV you are talking about was 6 years ago.

Though I agree Diaz would likely drum up some business, I doubt it does that much in todays PPV landscape. The average UFC fan has not seen him compete in 6 years, and that makes a difference, plus the fact he is hard to deal with and may skip out on press etc with his last earnings I can understand why UFC might not be willing to pay that much out for the headaches.

I was hoping for kflo to respond to this one.

... and now we have the exact reason Nick isn't fighting. Straight from UFC PR ladies and gentlemen.
Yes, that was a very important PR message the ufc needed to get out to sherdog today genius.....

fuckin retard.

Back