Dana on Jim Rome Show: "It's looking like Jon Jones didn't take the drug everyone thought he did."

and the haters cringe while reaching for schoolyard insults to hurl at the GOAT

So his b-sample failed for the same substance. Does that mean they fucked up twice? Who the hell is testing this?

If true, this USADA experiment is a massive fucking farce.

They set up a system where fighters' reputations can be destroyed in an instance with no due process.

No they setup a system where they can drug test fighters and try and catch them cheating. It's not their fault that people immediately jump to conclusions and immediately think someone is guilty before waiting for the whole process to take place.

They didn't invent drug testing. It has happened prior to USADA. And if there were no due process, we wouldn't have even heard about this.
no, USADA is fucking up

there's only 2 explanations here. either it's corrupted or they are incompetent
and they shouldn't fucking say that they have a potential violation because it already tarnishes the guy beforehand. no need for that

It was an interesting interview that just happened about 5 minutes ago. He also talked about Ronda and the Conor fight:

I'm paraphrasing now:

On Ronda: "I think Ronda will be back before the end of the year."

On Conor: "Yeah, he was dominating that first round against Diaz and it looked like he was going to put him away. But he got tired because Nate is the bigger, heavier man and took all of his shots."

Rome and Dana kept going back and forth on how Diaz was the much larger man and that Conor is being ballsy for going up "40 pounds."

wow... dana really trying to drive the narrative hard here.

HAHAHAHA

holy shit, dude. 40 pounds

Yeah, I can't remember if it was Rome or Dana saying it, but one of them said Nate's been walking around as heavy as 200 pounds and he'll go into the fight as the much bigger guy.

Interesting..... I thought if anything he would of got off on a tainted supplement like Romero. But saying the drug wasn't what we thought it was? Did USADA get it wrong or the AC? Didn't the athletic commission publicly identify the substance first?
In hindsight, it's a little funky that Jon and Brock both popped for the same thing, being on the same event yet not really knowing each other or training together

I wonder if there was an error with the testing giving a false positive. Unlikely but if so maybe same thing happened with brocks test.

So, they should have just pulled Jones from the fight but not told anybody why?

Basically, you are just kissed off that Jones may or may not have been busted. And in all likelihood, he probably did have a banned substance PED in his system. They did what they had to do. And if it turns out they were wrong, which is unlikely, his reputation will be restored.

Pull him from the fight with a fake injury....let him fight until the issue is actually resolved, I don't care either way but if you're going to punish someone, at least make sure they're guilty first.

I'm not "kissed off" or "pissed off" about anything. I just see a system that is in place that doesn't make sense. If they turn out to be wrong, his reputation will NOT be restored (well his reputation was shit before this so he's not the best example) but you can't restore his reputation as a clean athlete, people will always have suspicions and doubts because of the USADA test. People in this very thread without any facts other than an ambiguous statement by Dana are already suggesting a cover up of some sort.

There's zero chance USADA simply made a mistake and took Jones off UFC 200. Even if they did they'd never admit it. Jones would sue the pants off them if they simply " made a mistake " and took him off one of the biggest cards ever.

My guess is maybe Jones bullshit tainted supplement argument is going to work out.

USADA was right every other time except with Jones their biggest money maker... Coincidence !

Jones hid under the ring because he needed a nap!

I´ve lost ALL hespect for USADA. Damn idiots. And trying to sneak in on Nick when he wants to sleep.

Meh I will wait and see I don't believe a word Dana says. He is as crooked as Hilary.

Just when the LHW division thought they were safe.
no.gif

Maybe they proved something else was resulting in the presence of these estrogen-blockers due to a flaw in the testing? Like it was wrongly.identifying something else and they realized it with some kind of control test? Idk....

That's the only other thing I can think of but that will call into question the entire testing process. Shit would get nutty.

Back