Dana on Jim Rome Show: "It's looking like Jon Jones didn't take the drug everyone thought he did."

200.gif

Called it, Jones will get past this with little trouble. The guy is a fucking artist for how he manages to save his own ass from all these fuck ups.

Sigh, was hoping he'd never fight again

We shouldn't have if you're just going to end up clearing the person afterwards. You've already damaged their reputation by allowing information to be put out publicly. It's stupid.

USADA doesn't released the info of what they failed for unless the athlete does first. They just flag it as a "Potential violation"

So, in other words, because it is possible that they made a mistake, we should just scrap all drug testing.

I didn't say that, what I'm saying is that they shouldn't publicize it until everything is certain. This does damage a fighter's reputation even if it was some contaminated supplement. Look at Romero, I still see people on here constantly saying he was suspended for roiding and that's why he doesn't deserve a title shot...even though he tested positive for a completely different drug and that was an unlisted ingredient in a contaminated supplement that was verified to be true by USADA.

Nevada Deputy Attorney General Caroline Bateman, in asking for an extension of Jones’ temporary suspension until such time as he could be brought in for a full disciplinary hearing, named Hydroxy Clomiphene (an anti-estrogenic agent) and Letrozole metabolite (an aromatase inhibitor) as the two substances Jones tested positive for in his June 16 out-of-competition drug screen

Yeah I guess that whole thing never happened?

Pretty sure he would like to not get fined, not get his win overturned and fight again making millions more. That's a few fucks he might give.

Part time wrestler, occasional MMA fighter and gets paid more than anyone else on either roster. I think he's good.

USADA doesn't released the info of what they failed for unless the athlete does first. They just flag it as a "Potential violation"

That's enough, because a "potential violation" for an out of competition test means that it wasn't street drugs so everyone is going to assume it's either a PED or related to PEDs. Plus the athlete is suspended immediately, and not after the appeal for something that is "potential" right?

Andddd heere we goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I'd like to know the specifics. did he take something and find a loophole or did he not take it period.

I took Jones off my GOAT list because of the violation but if its bullshit (which I hope it is), then GOAT Jones is back.

I didn't say that, what I'm saying is that they shouldn't publicize it until everything is certain. This does damage a fighter's reputation even if it was some contaminated supplement. Look at Romero, I still see people on here constantly saying he was suspended for roiding and that's why he doesn't deserve a title shot...even though he tested positive for a completely different drug and that was an unlisted ingredient in a contaminated supplement that was verified to be true by USADA.
So, they should have just pulled Jones from the fight but not told anybody why?

Basically, you are just kissed off that Jones may or may not have been busted. And in all likelihood, he probably did have a banned substance PED in his system. They did what they had to do. And if it turns out they were wrong, which is unlikely, his reputation will be restored.

but why would any supplement have estrogen blockers in it?

It probably has some of the same compounds that were also in the estrogen blocker.

That could all be horse shit, though. I am not a Jones fan. He is probably guilty but that is probably what his lawyers are trying to argue.

How is that even fucking possible? Paging @dimspace

And will Jones for once in his life actually get a proper punishment for his fuck-ups?

It was an interesting interview that just happened about 5 minutes ago. He also talked about Ronda and the Conor fight:

I'm paraphrasing now:

On Ronda: "I think Ronda will be back before the end of the year."

On Conor: "Yeah, he was dominating that first round against Diaz and it looked like he was going to put him away. But he got tired because Nate is the bigger, heavier man and took all of his shots."

Rome and Dana kept going back and forth on how Diaz was the much larger man and that Conor is being ballsy for going up "40 pounds."
HAHAHAHA

holy shit, dude. 40 pounds

Back